Gaming Gran Turismo 5

Going to do a race mod on my Elise but need to buy a Nissan GTR race car first.

The third tier of the AMG driving academy is nuts in the wet. The 300 SL on economy tyres in the wet is crazy. Found that sticking the boot in helped at times.

Going to do a race mod on my Elise but need to buy a Nissan GTR race car first.

The third tier of the AMG driving academy is nuts in the wet. The 300 SL on economy tyres in the wet is crazy. Found that sticking the boot in helped at times.

I love the Nurburgring. Beautiful track, not tried it in the wet yet.

I've stopped doing licenses / special events and I'm just golding all the A-Spec events, got 7 more to gold which I'll do tonight then I'll have golded everything in beginner/amateur/professional and will only have a few left to do on expert.

How do you post up those pictures? I've taken a couple just don;t know how to get at them.

Go to 'Photo Album' on the left menu of the 'Home' screen. There's an option to save the pic's to your XMB and from there you just copy them to a USB stick (i plug my phone in and the PS3 detects the memory card) then transfer to your PC.

Standard Evora. The last corner on Tokyo. Drop it to 2nd gear and nail it!

a31qtd.jpg

:devil:

We can't upgrade brakes on this game? :confused:

Trying to get gold on the A licenses. A-3: The Cone Slalom is a right pain in the arse. I've been trying to shave .022 off of my time for the last 40 minutes! :mad:

Edit - Done it! Time of 19.993 :D

A was easy. Didn't even have to brake on the cone one. There's a tricky one with the Nurburgring, a8 I think. Other than that pretty straight forward.

A was easy. Didn't even have to brake on the cone one. There's a tricky one with the Nurburgring, a8 I think. Other than that pretty straight forward.

Yeah, i'm stuck on A-8 now. The Schumacher S in a 1 series BMW. Again, i just need to shave .033 off of my time but it's proving to be really hard.

You say that there is no chance of that, but there are at times when I said that with Prologue, and in the end shaved significant amounts of time off. Of course it's about entry speed, line, and throttle. Forget it for a day or two and try something else.

For example, with Prologue and the F1 2007 I average 1:35/36 around Suzuka, and I can do that lap after lap after lap, however if I nail it I can get it around in 1:32 or so. I can't do that lap after lap after lap, I'm not good enough, and it's still 4 seconds off the online record.

You say that there is no chance of that, but there are at times when I said that with Prologue, and in the end shaved significant amounts of time off. Of course it's about entry speed, line, and throttle. Forget it for a day or two and try something else.

For example, with Prologue and the F1 2007 I average 1:35/36 around Suzuka, and I can do that lap after lap after lap, however if I nail it I can get it around in 1:32 or so. I can't do that lap after lap after lap, I'm not good enough, and it's still 4 seconds off the online record.

Ah, that's a full lap though. There are plenty of ways to lose time from bad lines on numerous corners to loose gear changes.

This is an uphill shallow S in one gear with no braking and just a smidge of throttle control on the way into the first bend of the S. So there is very little variability. You either carry too much speed into the second part and clip the gravel on the way out or you ease off a touch more on entry and don't carry enough speed through.

I've no doubt i'll do it eventually but i doubt it'll be by more than 1/10th of a second.

Been itching to play this with some of you guys today :p

Had a 4 hour session to get my level up from 6 to 14 (almost 15).

How tricky are the Top Gear races!? I've finished both in 2nd, almost got 1st in the camper van race. But the Elise race is so damn tricky, shame because the Elise doesn't drive like its real life counterpart. Although i'm thinking it could be an issue with the tyres they've selected.

Well yeah the Veyron would get smashed on overall lap time but on the straights it would outrun an F1 car but only on a really long straight and well into 200 mph, maybe if GT5 had the old Le Mans circuit without the two chicanes it would eventually surpass it.