Gaming Gran Turismo 5

I did B5 and B6 at the first try after resting on FIFA for an hour. It helps to get away from a licence when your stuck on it for more than 10 minutes.

Bloody hell the super license tests are easy :( I was kinda looking forward to a challenge.

Funnily enough, a good portion of my golds came from supposedly the hardest licenses in the game...

Bloody hell the super license tests are easy :( I was kinda looking forward to a challenge.

Why don't you both go race each other, cut the whining, and let us rabble do our jobs in peace.

I could probably play this game for the rest of my life without managing all golds so I won't even try. Just finished Beginner and Amateur races now. Saving the Special licenses to tomorrow. Knackered now!

:lol: Well I am 4 golds away from the 60/60, get that done tonight and I am happy.

How many races have you got your B-Spec driver to complete? I've got 7 wins/15 races. He's utter shit. Been farming B-Spec races for him to gain exp.

60 golds :cool:

Now I will shut up about it and never mention it again.

B-Spec I have only done the first beginner event, its kinda boring but the cash/car rewards are worth it.

For anyone pissed off with trying to gold B5

That will be patched no doubt.

Do you play with a wheel though? Usually I don't play racers unless at the arcade but it's miles better with a wheel. It might keep you interested for longer if you don't

I said it wasn't better than Forza 3 but it really is, problem with Forza is that it was too damn easy. Cars looked good and it played nice, but after three hours I already had a dozen of fast cars in my garage because they'd reward me with one after every single series of race. Here you need to work harder to get it and it feels much more rewarding.

But if you're going to get it, get it with a driving wheel. I felt a bit underwhelmed by this until I got one, the difference between playing this on a DS and a proper wheel is unbelievable, now I can barely get my mind off that game and I think it may stay like that for a while!

By the way, does anyone know whether Top Gear are going to make a special episode, or release an issue of their magazine about this? There have been some rumours but I'm not entirely sure they're true.

What wheel do you recommend then? But yeah, I think a wheel may do the trick.

How much money do you have? Do you want it to work across PC, PS3, and XB360? If the later, you have no choice other than Fanatec.

If you take XB360 out of the equation, then at the cheaper end of the scale the Driving Force GT by Logitec, at the upper end of the scale the G25/27 from Logitec.

It won't because of how shadows work. Some German website is reporting this:

- Damage currently unlocks at level 20.
- Patch will cause your car to steer left or right if corresponding parts take damage (e.g. front).
- Motor damage will cause performance loss and can even total your car.
- Damage options can be turned on/off (probably pre-race like other options).
- Shadows can't be fixed because they can't make changes to the engine anymore.
- Framerate issues will be reduced and overall performance improved.

I'm sure that something got lost in translation there, as correcting framerate issues would require optimising the engine. We'll see.

1.02 patch apparently went up yesterday and doubles the amount of simultaneous connections when playing online. As I've not been online with it yet I have no clue.

I like it how all the caftards put in their minds to gold all licenses before effectively starting to play :D

It's probably not the idea of the game, specially for us that suck at it, but it can only help us get better... Sky(line) is the limit!

To be honest I was happy with mostly bronzes because ultimately i'll beat you all anyway :cool: I did get some silvers though, well 4

Please excuse me if this has been answered already but there are 62 pages to trawl through and i've not really got a great deal of time on this.

I'm not great at racing games, or at least when i say great I mean not to the levels of some of the players on here it seems (I take it 60/60 golds ors something like that is hard going). Anyway i'm considering trading F1 2010 today for this game but just want to quickly check on opinions on doing that - basically with GT5 be too difficult or require too much time to really appreciate or is it a game any can enjoy? I don't get to spend hours on end playing the games maybe a couple of hours hear and there you see.

The brilliant thing about this new game Jgray is that it will bring you in. The license tests are designed to make you better and the game gets harder as you go along. Getting all golds, requires time and patience rather then outright skill. I think my stats read, 26 Bronze, 16 Silver and 18 gold.

The brilliant thing about this new game Jgray is that it will bring you in. The license tests are designed to make you better and the game gets harder as you go along. Getting all golds, requires time and patience rather then outright skill. I think my stats read, 26 Bronze, 16 Silver and 18 gold.

Ah I see, have you played F1? would you say it was leagues ahead of that? I'm very much tempted by the £30 on offer to trade F1 in but could maybe wait a month and but GT5 outright without having to lose F1.

It won't because of how shadows work. Some German website is reporting this:

I'm sure that something got lost in translation there, as correcting framerate issues would require optimising the engine. We'll see.

1.02 patch apparently went up yesterday and doubles the amount of simultaneous connections when playing online. As I've not been online with it yet I have no clue.

Damage unlocks earlier, I have it at level 17 and have had since 14 and my Ferrari is taking damage, bonnet crippling and buckling etc. I didn't turn in time on Daytona with a rookie mistake, got hit by a car and my car ended up getting smashed about 9 times as they all went through and it looked like someone had taken a sledgehammer to it. However as soon as you start your next race car is magically repaired. I'm not sure why they have a 83,000 credit facility to reinstate your rigidity when your car magically repairs itself anyway.

What wheel do you recommend then? But yeah, I think a wheel may do the trick.

logitech gt is the official wheel for it and it's £79.99 most places. I'm not sure about the more expensive ones, you'd have to check them individually and it usually just makes it more confusing. Weaste is ofcourse right, if you want to use it for xbox too then GTs out. Gt works on ps3/pc

The wheel is fine though, have a stand ready for it. It might move abit if it's not perfect and might spaz out a bit at first but you'll get it under control after a race or two

Please excuse me if this has been answered already but there are 62 pages to trawl through and i've not really got a great deal of time on this.

I'm not great at racing games, or at least when i say great I mean not to the levels of some of the players on here it seems (I take it 60/60 golds ors something like that is hard going). Anyway i'm considering trading F1 2010 today for this game but just want to quickly check on opinions on doing that - basically with GT5 be too difficult or require too much time to really appreciate or is it a game any can enjoy? I don't get to spend hours on end playing the games maybe a couple of hours hear and there you see.

You'll like it because you don't have to spend hours on it. People spend hours on it because they want too ;) not cause they have too. If you use ds or a wheel - thats the only real decision and which ones more fun for you or makes it easier to drive.

Ah I see, have you played F1? would you say it was leagues ahead of that? I'm very much tempted by the £30 on offer to trade F1 in but could maybe wait a month and but GT5 outright without having to lose F1.

It's miles ahead of F1, F1 was amazing at the start but then it was so samey. Practice, Qualify, Race, Practice, Qualify, Race. Online was a joke. I loved F1 but as soon as I got GT5 I didn't look back.

Remember that the DFGT only has a sequential shifter (attached to the wheel) and no clutch. G25 has clutch, and the ability to use its H-gate shifter as a sequential. G27 has clutch, but the gearstick is H-gate only with sequential shifting only done with the paddles.

DFGT
logitech_driving_force_gt_wheel.jpg

G25
Volan_Logitech_G25_Racing_Wheel.jpg

G27
G27_Title.jpg

It's miles ahead of F1, F1 was amazing at the start but then it was so samey. Practice, Qualify, Race, Practice, Qualify, Race

Erm?

Can't believe I've had this game since Thursday and still not opened the box! Probably won't until middle of next week either, did not imagine that after the long long wait involved!

Gran Turismo 5 & Logitech G27 - Logitech Forums

Apparently can't remap buttons. I was just reading though on the g27 'apparently no way to switch on lights or wind screen wipers' :lol:

Work around with ds but abit of a cock up at the minute? I suppose it depends on what you want from it. I can't drive for toffee so missing out on a few things doesn't really bother me at the minute. Just as long as it makes it more fun to race because it is easy to put something to the side and lose interest in it

I'm still none the wiser. Have you lot used one with a clutch? if so, how does it compare to a proper real life clutch?

Gran Turismo 5 & Logitech G27 - Logitech Forums

Apparently can't remap buttons. I was just reading though on the g27 'apparently no way to switch on lights or wind screen wipers' :lol:

Work around with ds but abit of a cock up at the minute? I suppose it depends on what you want from it. I can't drive for toffee so missing out on a few things doesn't really bother me at the minute. Just as long as it makes it more fun to race because it is easy to put something to the side and lose interest in it

Trust me you need them! I did a race with Ed yesterday which was basically a sprint, but it was pissing down. I drive in interior view and I couldn't see shit because of the spray his wheels were kicking up plus the rain on my windscreen. Wipers are very handy!