Gaming Gran Turismo 5

So I'm in my hometown currently, with no PlayStation and no Gran Turismo, and I want to play! I won't be able to play until Monday. :mad:

I'll be going for a Ferrari as my next car, they seem insanely good, shame you can't take a car for a test drive when you're buying it - it should be there as an option, obviously unlocked after you've collected enough money to buy it, and restricted to three test drives per car or something.

So I'm in my hometown currently, with no PlayStation and no Gran Turismo, and I want to play! I won't be able to play until Monday. :mad:

I'm gonna be two weeks without it during the Christmas vacations :wenger:

In fact I might cut it down to a week just because of it. 8 days should be more than enough to see everybody twice.

I just sank all my money into this and then tuned it up, mainly after the online race earlier when I really got a nice feel for it.

mercedes_benz_sls_amg_gt5_fr.jpg

Might get onto the International B License's tonight, but 40 out of 40 golds so far :D

I'll be going for a Ferrari as my next car, they seem insanely good, shame you can't take a car for a test drive when you're buying it - it should be there as an option, obviously unlocked after you've collected enough money to buy it, and restricted to three test drives per car or something.

Get the 458 Italia '09 it's fecking amazing.

Decisions decisions.

Do i spunk my 20k on a brand new, shiny white Civic Type-R or go for a used '98 Mini Cooper 1.3i in turquoise and with 55k on the clock but have the best part of 7k left to 'Max Power' it? Hmmmmm...

Well, do you like cars?

I'm about to try the game in 10 minutes or so (when the installation ends) but I've been reading about it since well before the release. I know it has some flaws, it is maybe a bit rushed (and rightly so, I was tired of waiting), but I have no doubts I'll enjoy it like I did the others. I think it's a series mythical enough that every person who likes games should try, unless you really aren't into cars at all. Because if you are, just a bit, even if you don't connect with the game completely you'll eventually want to try it every now and then, play some races, watch some amazing replays, etc.

Despite knowing this isn't perfect, I could never pass on this. In fact you might just read my previous post to see how I behaved today because of it. And I'm by no means a profound cars enthusiast, the little I am, I own it to Gran Turismo.

Well, I used to love car games and I was a fan of the previous GT games, I reckon GT4(PS2?) is perhaps the best game racing game of all....but I think I've become bored of the genre. I only played Forza on the 360 for a week and it's been gathering dust on my shelf ever since. I was hoping GT would be markedly better than Forza but according to reviews it's as good and not the leap I was expecting. Sure it's only 40 quid but I have this awful feeling that it'll be keeping my copy of Forza good company on the shelf after a few days.

B-1 here I go, wish me luck fellows :)

Ah that's right I think I saw that when you posted it earlier.

To be fair I didn't like GT4 very much either. It was too technical, felt a bit soulless. GT5 is much, much better.

Their CRM is shocking to be honest, they really need to listen more to what their core fanbase says. Maybe it's a cultural problem with the Japanese, who knows, but the reviewers after GT3 never did get it. I also think that many were expecting GT5 to be their Magnus Opus, for me it's an improvement on GT4, but we'll have to wait a little more for the definitive GT. The driving model/physics in this is right up there, they got that right.

Well, I used to love car games and I was a fan of the previous GT games, I reckon GT4(PS2?) is perhaps the best game racing game of all....but I think I've become bored of the genre. I only played Forza on the 360 for a week and it's been gathering dust on my shelf ever since. I was hoping GT would be markedly better than Forza but according to reviews it's as good and not the leap I was expecting. Sure it's only 40 quid but I have this awful feeling that it'll be keeping my copy of Forza good company on the shelf after a few days.

I said it wasn't better than Forza 3 but it really is, problem with Forza is that it was too damn easy. Cars looked good and it played nice, but after three hours I already had a dozen of fast cars in my garage because they'd reward me with one after every single series of race. Here you need to work harder to get it and it feels much more rewarding.

But if you're going to get it, get it with a driving wheel. I felt a bit underwhelmed by this until I got one, the difference between playing this on a DS and a proper wheel is unbelievable, now I can barely get my mind off that game and I think it may stay like that for a while!

By the way, does anyone know whether Top Gear are going to make a special episode, or release an issue of their magazine about this? There have been some rumours but I'm not entirely sure they're true.

Do you play with a wheel though? Usually I don't play racers unless at the arcade but it's miles better with a wheel. It might keep you interested for longer if you don't

Well, it's boring as hell but with this Ferrari I'm managing to grind out 400,000 an hour. Good for making money. Then when I decide to actually race properly with it it's just a joy to drive.

:( Not envious. I was doing daytona earlier in a mini cooper..in prologue -sigh-

I just sank all my money into this and then tuned it up, mainly after the online race earlier when I really got a nice feel for it.

mercedes_benz_sls_amg_gt5_fr.jpg

Might get onto the International B License's tonight, but 40 out of 40 golds so far :D

Yeh, you took us to the cleaners before

Up to B-9 with all gold so far....though not all on my first attempt.

I went with the dealership EK Civic Type-R for my first car. I'm completely skint but it will blow pretty much everything away in the early races and should be tunable enough to get me fairly close to buying a supercar.

Can't get damn B-5 gold :| 19.002 < 19.000

B5 and B6 are the hardest ones for sure on that one, not even looked at the next level yet, guessing I'll probably have a struggle to get all gold on those

50 out of 50 gold :cool:

Only the Super License left to go, and those are just overtaking challenges I think so won't be too hard.

Only from about IA-6 onwards, I can't be arsed to hook it up everytime.

Hmmm....well that gives me a little hope of competing even though i'm using a controller.

Just finished B with all gold. All three prize cars were red in colour. Was this the same for everyone else? Ferraris aside, i hate red cars.

Hmmm....well that gives me a little hope of competing even though i'm using a controller.

Just finished B with all gold. All three prize cars were red in colour. Was this the same for everyone else? Ferraris aside, i hate red cars.

Nah, one was red, one was some kind of green, can't remember the other

Ah, k. Thanks.

So does anyone know if there is a point to getting the ticket for the car rather than it just going straight into your garage?

You can gift them to friends, same with items like car horns, paint colours and car parts.

Christ that Veyron is fast... It's not as good in corners but jesus is it fast... You can go across grass at 100 still, and it has an automatic spoiler that comes out when you need it.

Still a bit sad at no interior cam but can't complain since it was free.

feck off IC-10. Gold is impossible. I'm going to bed.

That one really is the hardest I have found so far, mainly because the car is an absolute nightmare under heavy braking. You gotta be 3rd by the time you reach the back straight on Lap 1 or you won't make it, even then you will have to pass the last car in the final two corners without touching it.

B5

If you have driving line on, brake just after it tells you to and scrub most of the speed off, then tap the brake mid corner to pull the nose in and get a perfect exit on the curb. Do it once and then use your ghost to guage if your better not, else just go on the grass and restart because its quicker.

B6

Again brake just after it tells you too and then tap the brake mid corner to get the nose in, its all about carrying the speed through.

I like it how all the caftards put in their minds to gold all licenses before effectively starting to play :D

It's probably not the idea of the game, specially for us that suck at it, but it can only help us get better... Sky(line) is the limit!