Gaming Gran Turismo 5

I'm being incredibly anal about it at the moment and not doing the next test until I have done the last one in gold. Very fraustrating!

Up to A-8 So Far.

:( God damn delivery man. I went to the station and the game was already out for delivery, now I'm home and the guy is nowhere to be seen. I might only play this tomorrow.

How often does this save....

I'm loading the A-10 lisence and it has stuck, crashed apparantly. I have just spent the last 2 hours getting Golds in A-1 to 9. Please tell me this will have saved or I might kill myself.

How often does this save....

I'm loading the A-10 lisence and it has stuck, crashed apparantly. I have just spent the last 2 hours getting Golds in A-1 to 9. Please tell me this will have saved or I might kill myself.

Traditionally, Gran Turismo games save all the time, except when you're repeating a licence, or restarting a race, etc. As soon as you come back to the license menus it should autosave before you choose the next one. It even saves after buying a car (so you can't buy a car, try it out, and reload to buy another car if you don't like).

You should be safe.

Sold the R8, picked up one of these; Tuned to 669BPH, weight down to 1232kg, lapped Daytona in 45 seconds. 3 exhausts.

car.png

Traditionally, Gran Turismo games save all the time, except when you're repeating a licence, or restarting a race, etc. As soon as you come back to the license menus it should autosave before you choose the next one. It even saves after buying a car (so you can't buy a car, try it out, and reload to buy another car if you don't like).

You should be safe.

I don't go to the license menu though.... I click "next test" instead...

EDIT - Bit the bullet and risked it as it wasnt going to load and it has saved :D

Nice, got gold at the Supercar Festival and the La Festa Cavallino and unlocked the following;

Supercar Festival
Wine Red Maserati Granturismo S '08 - Looks like an Aston Martin

La Festa Cavallino
Black Ferrari California '08 convertible

RE: The install.

I selected 'Yes' for the full installation in the option box after the patch was installed. I understand it takes around 50 mins to complete but when it first started it said 30 mins remaining and then changed to 16 mins remaining a couple of mins after that. It's been at 16 mins now for about 10 mins or so. Is this how it went for everyone else?

I'm just checking because of my dodgy Blu-Ray drive. It took me 20 mins of ejecting and re-inserting the disk to get it to even see the game. :rolleyes:

I selected 'Yes' for the full installation in the option box after the patch was installed. I understand it takes around 50 mins to complete but when it first started it said 30 mins remaining and then changed to 16 mins remaining a couple of mins after that. It's been at 16 mins now for about 10 mins or so. Is this how it went for everyone else?

I'm just checking because of my dodgy Blu-Ray drive.

Yeah, it will jum[p from 16 mins to 30 seconds lol and then still take 20 minutes after that. :D

I'm just checking because of my dodgy Blu-Ray drive. It took me 20 mins of ejecting and re-inserting the disk to get it to even see the game. :rolleyes:

Yeah, just ride it out, the progress bar is about as accurate as Elvis into a hairpin.

Yeah, it will jum[p from 16 mins to 30 seconds lol and then still take 20 minutes after that. :D

Cool. Cheers mate. As long as it installs eventually, i'll be happy.

I reckon i'd better get some food on the go while i'm waiting. I don't think i'll be making any pit-stops for food for a good while once the lights go out. :D

Cool. Cheers mate. As long as it installs eventually, i'll be happy.

I reckon i'd better get some food on the go while i'm waiting. I don't think i'll be making any pit-stops for food for a good while once the lights go out. :D

That you won't. :D

Just did the Nurburgring in 7.20 with my new toy. Handles like a dream.

How much did you pay for that and how many cars have you got so far?

Paid around 250k for the car and 150k in upgrades so 400k in total. It's paid for half of itself now. back up to 150k from 0 from the races it's won me in the last hour. It will pay for itself and the upgrades in a couple more hours. Got around 20 - 25 cars I think now, mostly because every time you gold something you get given another car. I've only bought around 5.

Right, I have the logitech steering wheel.

Then I realised I have no table or chair at the right height...

So currently I have a coffee table on a pair of bricks.

Well that was fecking annoying. 5 laps of the circuit with the big ring, I was 1st with a 4 second lead 15 minutes the race lasted, coming into the final corner and my fecking controller battery ran out. I thought I'd run out of bloody petrol or something, was pressing buttons before I realised what had happened.

Installing!

This was the stupidest day of my life. Only Gran Turismo could make an about-to-turn-30 grown man behave like a 7 year old annoying his parents on Christmas Eve to open the presents earlier. After two trips and a phone call to the delivery company before they even had time to come to my house I sure hope I don't have to see them for a while and they forget my face.

I also want to formally thank Amazon for the quick delivery, and for selling a product 35% cheaper than the local stores (and without the crappy Portuguese translations on the manual and box).

The funny thing is that I probably suck at this game, much like most other games :D

A License Gold is done :D

Cars Acquired are:

mm-R Cup Car '01 - Bronze
Atenza Concept '01 - Silver
4200R Concept '89 - Gold

I've just been given a Veyron 16.4 '09 in wine red as a prize!

Also,

'Congratulations!

The ending movie is now available in GT-TV mode for you to enjoy.

But it's not over yet - there are still plenty of exciting races left for you to enjoy.'

Confused, I'm at 27% and 17 cars owned. Why has it just given me the ending movie, shouldn't that like, come at the end?

Well i've come to the conclusion that I can't use this ruddy wheel until i've made some kind of stand for it in my living room.

Bah! Well i've got a feeling that my unused clothing rack is about to get savaged by a saw!

Should I get this then?

Well, do you like cars?

I'm about to try the game in 10 minutes or so (when the installation ends) but I've been reading about it since well before the release. I know it has some flaws, it is maybe a bit rushed (and rightly so, I was tired of waiting), but I have no doubts I'll enjoy it like I did the others. I think it's a series mythical enough that every person who likes games should try, unless you really aren't into cars at all. Because if you are, just a bit, even if you don't connect with the game completely you'll eventually want to try it every now and then, play some races, watch some amazing replays, etc.

Despite knowing this isn't perfect, I could never pass on this. In fact you might just read my previous post to see how I behaved today because of it. And I'm by no means a profound cars enthusiast, the little I am, I own it to Gran Turismo.