Gaming Gran Turismo 5

What will the rules be? I.E cars, do you choose one for the season and stick with it? As you seem to be able to pick whatever car you want online a 900BHP nascar car if you want etc or do we all just pick whatever car whatever race? Because that's going to lead to everybody choosing the same car best suited to that particular track. I think people should either only take their in game cars on, or pick a car from the open garage and use it for all tracks so good on some not so good on others. Rather than everyone choosing the car best suited for whatever track we happen to be on.

Also driving line off/on? assists forced off or on for those who aren't as skilled?

What will the rules be? I.E cars, do you choose one for the season and stick with it? As you seem to be able to pick whatever car you want online a 900BHP rally car if you want etc or do we all just pick whatever car whatever race? Because that's going to lead to everybody choosing the same car best suited to that particular track. I think people should either only take their in game cars on, or pick a car from the open garage and use it for all tracks so good on some not so good on others. Rather than everyone choosing the car best suited for whatever track we happen to be on.

Also driving line off/on? assists forced off or on for those who aren't as skilled?

I'd prefer it if we all used the same car and left it down to driver skill and/or car setup.

I would be very surprised if the game is efficient at giving penalties for such things like using other cars to slow us down in curve. This game is rushed in a way, and so is the online component. No time trial leaderboards yet? Lots of things to be added, I just hope that creating a competitive yet fair racing environment online is one of their priorities, as that alone will increase the value of the game massively despite of other shortcomings.

I quit PES and got converted to FIFA for the single reason that it was impossible to play PES online with the amount of disconnecting cheats, something I never saw at FIFA, let alone at a magnitude of once every 2 games.

Ironic really.

What will the rules be? I.E cars, do you choose one for the season and stick with it? As you seem to be able to pick whatever car you want online a 900BHP nascar car if you want etc or do we all just pick whatever car whatever race? Because that's going to lead to everybody choosing the same car best suited to that particular track. I think people should either only take their in game cars on, or pick a car from the open garage and use it for all tracks so good on some not so good on others. Rather than everyone choosing the car best suited for whatever track we happen to be on.

I don't mind driving line and ABS but any traction control or stabilty assist IMO should be disabled as it gives an unfair advantage.

Any patch notes?

First, the good news: Yamauchi announced at yesterday’s press Q&A session that many updates and patches will be issued at the “first of December” (though it wasn’t entirely clear to me if that literally meant December 1st or early within the month). Polyphony Digital has also posted this notice on their website to reassure us that the game’s online services will continue to be optimized and upgraded to handle the additional load generated by players around the world.

More GT5 Updates, Server Upgrades Coming December

From the launch event in Madrid....

Why does Ferrari have the only F1 car in the game? While talking to a marketing representative for one of the manufacturers in GT5, I finally received an answer to this perplexing question. It all comes down to licensing and Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone. He commands control of the licensing for all of the cars in the series, with the exception of Ferrari. For reasons known only to Bernie and Ferrari, they have a special provision in their F1 contract which allows them to license their cars to whomever they please.

That's interesting isn't it that Ferrari have such ability yet the others do not?

And the X1....

GT5_European_Launch_Pres-142.jpg

http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/GT5_European_Launch_Pres-142.jpg

Gran Turismo’s “New Era” Begins: Full Coverage of GT5’s Madrid Launch Party GT5_European_Launch_Pres-142

Ferrari get paid more to be in F1 than other teams, so it's not surprised that they'd also retain the rights for their own cars as well for things like this

Ferrari is F1 and they both need eachother

EDIT
Not sure if that is still the case that they get more money, but it certainly was a few years back

We had that conversation earlier in the thread. The front wheels I can see how it's done, the rear wheels still confuse me.

Perhaps they are flaps over the rear wheels which lift at the push of a button and allow access to the wheel?

Ferrari get paid more to be in F1 than other teams, so it's not surprised that they'd also retain the rights for their own cars as well for things like this

Ferrari is F1 and they both need eachother

EDIT
Not sure if that is still the case that they get more money, but it certainly was a few years back

Ok, so the official F1 game licence only allows for current cars, tracks, and drivers. Why can't we have say Mansell's Williams-Renault that destroyed the field in 92 (FW14B)? Did they trash those cars so that they cannot be modelled anymore?

IGN just named this the second biggest disappointment of 2010, after FF XIII.

Ok, so the official F1 game licence only allows for current cars, tracks, and drivers. Why can't we have say Mansell's Williams-Renault that destroyed the field in 92 (FW14B)? Did they trash those cars so that they cannot be modelled anymore?

I don't know, I suspect Bernie still owns some rights to these as well, but really I don't have a clue

IGN just named this the second biggest disappointment of 2010, after FF XIII.

I'm waiting to see what EDGE has to say.

Gran Turismo 4 is fundamentally unconcerned with furthering the art of the videogame. This titanic franchise, this critical, load-bearing pillar of PlayStation, is barely even a videogame at all. It's a hobbyist software suite, a racetrack tutorial, an encyclopaedia you can get in and drive off.

7/10

Ok!

I don't know, I suspect Bernie still owns some rights to these as well, but really I don't have a clue

I'm not sure that is the case tbh because in Iracing you can buy the Williams FW-31.
I would love to have a go of the McLaren MP4/4 that Senna drove, Lewis Hamilton got to drive one in a Top Gear episode the lucky SOB.

FFS

14.605 on B6, six one-thousandths of a second away from the only one I need to gold on the B licence

Right. I'm gonna try setting up a private room, anyone fancy a quick online game or two?

I'm having trouble logging on to PSN...

Error code: 80710D23

Any ideas?

Right. I'm gonna try setting up a private room, anyone fancy a quick online game or two?

I really want to get this gold first, I'm one of those sods who when he sets his mind to something, that's it, I shan't stop til I do it

im going to hell and back on the last trophy for international c!!! one thing i hate is that if u crash or even touch another car its a fail. Thing is ive went round corners comfortably and the computer cars ram me and im failing for a collision NNNNNNNNNNNNGH!!!!!

Also have a beast of an R32 Golf sitting at 418 BHP :)

On previous GT's i have also had the car setup as automatic, when i eventually get this is it worthwile going manual even though i'll be playing with a pad?

Ed you dirty bastard :lol: I spent half that race looking in reverse trying to stop you getting past, I think you just clipped me going into the last lap and sent me off hehe.

I was trying to avoid that, I could've jammed it up the inside and been a bit more forceful, but was trying to give you room, and it serves you right for blocking me when I had some serious slipstream pace

On previous GT's i have also had the car setup as automatic, when i eventually get this is it worthwile going manual even though i'll be playing with a pad?

You need to take that step. I've done with with TOCA 1 for the PSOne a long time ago.

I don't see what the pad has to do with it, manual transmission is better than automatic transmission regardless of the type of controller you're using, manual transmission is always better than automatic except for the first 30 minutes or so until you get used to it. Automatic shifts are rarely effective enough to distribute the power as well as you can do it manually and it makes your racing style much more dynamic.

I was trying to avoid that, I could've jammed it up the inside and been a bit more forceful, but was trying to give you room, and it serves you right for blocking me when I had some serious slipstream pace

Hehe, you should have done a Mansell one way then the other. Alls fair in love and war, I was being aggressive trying to defend my position and ended up on the grass, my own fault and you won't get past me next time!

On this map if I hit anyone I apologise, I'm seriously shit at rally. I'm all over the place.

Nice little bit of online there, not sure the penalty system is perfect but the actual netcode looks pretty decent.

Couldn't see anything when you got in front of me then Ed, was in interior view and had rain kick up from your car splatting my windshield. :lol:

All down the motorway straight when you were behind me and I knew you had the faster car, I was looking behind me and out of my back windshield amidst the rain I could see these 2 tiny headlamps and every time I looked they were a little bit closer haha until you went past. I was saying to my Camaro come on come on faster!!!

How's everyone doing with the licenses so far?