Gaming Gran Turismo 5

http://www.elfinanciero.com.mx/ElFi...cId=158807&docTipo=1&orderby=docid&sortby=ASC

Para el año que viene, el consejero delegado de Sony Computer Entertainment para el sur de Europa señaló que están desarrollando un nuevo juego de suspense, en el que el jugador puede ir diseñando su propia historia, y la nueva versión del Gran Turismo, que saldrán en Navidad.

It says that the CEO of SCE for Southern Europe stated that a new suspense game where the player can create their own story (I suppose that this is Heavy Rain) and the new version of Gran Turismo (GT5) will be released for Christmas 2009.

12 more fecking months?

They're having a sodding laugh :mad:

This better be the best game ever made when it finally gets released.

Polyphony Digital would probably like to float along with it as long as they like, but I suppose that Sony (as their parent company) have now given them a date, and that's that. Anything else they want to put into it will have to be downloadable content (free or not). Polyphony have a lot of independence, but GT is Sony's biggest game series in terms of sales, and also a system seller. It will shift PS3s. Christmas is probably the best time to release it in the mind of Sony, especially as PS3 will probably be less than 200 quid by that time. Prologue on its own has sold close to 3 million copies.

During E3, Kazunori Yamauchi has obviously been giving interviews, and here are some interesting snippets.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/interview-kazunori-yamauchi

So what makes a GT game on PSP?
All of it, really – there was an unbelievable amount of material that had to make it on to this machine.

As a percentage, how much of Polyphony is working on this version, as opposed to Gran Turismo 5?
The balance varies from day to day. A lot of companies, when they make a PSP version of a game, license the development out to another company. There were times when 100 per cent of our efforts were on the PSP.

How about GT5? Is development running smoothly?
It’s going well. We could put it out at any time, or we could carry on working on it. There’s always something to polish.

http://www.gtplanet.net/we-can-release-gran-turismo-5-whenever-we-want/

I want to release it as fast as I can, but GT5 for us, when you talk about its status, it’s at a point we can release it any time we want, but we can always keep working on it. It’s very important for us to make sure everything is done perfectly and everything is done in detail.

We first made the announcement in E3 of 2004, so [laughs] it’s been five years. Since then we’ve released GT4, Tourist Trophy, GTHD and GT5 Prologue. Of course we were always working on the PSP version a little bit at a time, but every time we have one of those releases it’s affected by that new title. So this is a software that was born in between GT5 Prologue and GT5, and it’s affected by both of those titles.

I don’t think there was a direct effect [on Gran Turismo 5], but I do believe that the development team really gained experience in streamlining displaying graphics on a very small space and also how to manage memory when the amount of memory available is very small. That sort of experience is something that was gained by the team. And you know, this is the first time we’ve developed a portable game, and I think there is an effect on how we see games, and how we understand videogames

1zqq91w.png

It seems then that the technological feature set is done, and they are just polishing it and adding more content (which could go on forever with downloadable content), and that they can now choose to release this game at a time of their choosing, even tomorrow. The part where he says that at times 100% of his entire team were devoted to the PSP (1GB) game also explains some things.

24c9mqb.gif

Do you think we will see a release before Christmas? I don't see why not, read the interview yesterday and if they are ready to release I don't see why they cannot do so and then improve things on the game via periodic updates and patches (Which is what most games do now anyway).

I hope so anyway. Was playing a bit of GT5P yesterday and I forgot how amazingly good the graphics were. It's a game you could easily play for hours on end on a summers day with a cold beer:D

I think that they'll release it with the new PS3 (probably bundled with Prologue and the first Uncharted) with a big price drop in the hardware. Will sell like hotcakes. Prologue sales have probably made the entire GT5 project break even as is, everything then on is pure profit. Aside from Mario, this is the largest game series there is.

Prologue worth getting then, or shall i just wait for the full game?

This "we can release it anytime we want" is really starting to get on my tits. A rough ETA would be nice instead of leaving us in the wilderness, do they think they're witty toying with us like this? Geez.

The racing track? Its brilliant.

They seriously need to get this out, I didn't even buy the little prologue thing...

Wont be a problem on GT5 though will it, they will bring back Quali.

Haven't played Prologue for months and probably wont go back to it so when GT5 finally arrives it will be all new again when I ride in car and my mind is blown at how good it looks. If the online mode is anywhere near decent aka a step up from Prologue its gonna get played to bits, especially when I hook up my G25 to it.

Soft the lot of you..... :P

Been burning up the track in a Lotus Evora at Fuji 'fast'.

Something I really like about prologue is the fact that it doesn't allow you to just go slap mods on. GT, GT2, GT3 and GT4, I'd buy a car and then modify. With this and my g25, you certainly learn to appreciate the standard car a lot more and to be honest, have a bucket load more fun with.

Does anybody else ever just get a car and drive for hours on the one circuit trying to better their time or is it just me :nervous:

I just tried the Ford GT 06 for the first time, Christ, it goes like a rocket and has phenomenal grip.

That is a phenomenal car to drive in that game. I think that's the one I won the last race with.

EDIT: It was that car. It's a joy to drive and it feels great when you really push it to the limits, as you must to win that race.

Can't wait for this. I just hope they include Lamborghini's and Porsches, the game would be incomplete without them in my opinion.

Speak of the devil! :eek: I just checked a Gran Turismo blog, and there was some great news:

Lamborghini, Bugatti Coming to Gran Turismo Series

11j7lzl.jpg

It’s a great day for Gran Turismo fans around the world, as it has just been revealed that the both Lamborghini and Bugatti are bringing their cars to Gran Turismo PSP and, presumably, Gran Turismo 5! The news came as Sony announced a special pre-order promotion for GT PSP, which entitles you to some type of code that gives you access to one of the following cars from “day one” in the game:

* 2009 Bugatti Veyron
* 2002 Enzo Ferrari
* 2008 GTbyCitroen
* 2009 Nissan GTR V-Spec
* 1974 Lamborghini Countach LP400 (more Lamborghini’s are also coming)

Their blog post is a bit scant on the details of how this will work, but they promise to reveal more on the program soon. Nobody’s too worried about that right now though, as most of us are still picking up our jaws off the floor. Enjoy the new screenshots of the cars below!

Blog

Sony Announcement

:( its not fair. So many cars, so much racing that needs to be done :(

Hopefully I can carry over the cars from Prologue as I really hope I don't have to fork out for another lot of in game money for cars I could already drive.
Spend the rest on the other Ferrari's and Lamborghini's :drool:

Btw does anybody else have a track(s) that they like to test their cars on? For me it's Autumn Ring and Fuji F.

:( its not fair. So many cars, so much racing that needs to be done :(

Hopefully I can carry over the cars from Prologue as I really hope I don't have to fork out for another lot of in game money for cars I could already drive.
Spend the rest on the other Ferrari's and Lamborghini's :drool:

Btw does anybody else have a track(s) that they like to test their cars on? For me it's Autumn Ring and Fuji F.
Eiger Nordwand for me. I just love all those corners around the mountains and ripping it down the tunnel.