Gaming Gran Turismo 5

yeah and I really really hope we get that functionality because everyone has their fave tracks but you can't beat something that's unpredictable. You could have a pack for purists and you could have a pack for people that want to do crazy things with their courses in arcade mode perhaps.

The best of both worlds would be nice. I might play modnation in a bit. feck off steering wheel till next week. Cnut. hehe

Just got the special edition. No certificate of authenticity for Asia. Ducking shit. But anyway the Apex book is amazing!

Is the tuning in GT5 the same as in Prologue?

slightly more advanced. Really, the only thing im worrying about is whether we can adjust each tyre individually rather then either just front or back Camber wise. It makes a massive difference on Oval courses because the wheels are setup to aim like \----\ not /----\ to get maximum contact on the road.

Good read when waiting for the bastard to install.

How do I know if the thing is installing? I expected a long ass waiting time but I am right to the opening video (showing the making of cars). I dare not interrupt the video because I want to watch it!

slightly more advanced. Really, the only thing im worrying about is whether we can adjust each tyre individually rather then either just front or back Camber wise. It makes a massive difference on Oval courses because the wheels are setup to aim like \----\ not /----\ to get maximum contact on the road.

Okay, basically I know nothing about tuning. Does buying the best of everything end up counter productive to the car? Do you need to offset the best of one thing against a standard something else to get the best performance? Or does buying the most expensive of everything work.

Yes it'll come up.

Had a go at the data logger earlier. Not as advanced as I'd like, but its solid. It doesn't show tyre wear which annoys me slightly. Really, all you need to worry about is accelerating and braking and making sure you're either on it or not. Big no no if you have spaces where neither are on at all. If its early corner that you have that space, brake later. If its mid corner, try and slow the car down more and get on the accelerator earlier.

Okay, basically I know nothing about tuning. Does buying the best of everything end up counter productive to the car? Do you need to offset the best of one thing against a standard something else to get the best performance? Or does buying the most expensive of everything work.

Buying the best of everything makes it better, apart from the suspension. The default setup is a good starting point, but its complex. You'd be better off working your way into suspension setups by starting with the cheaper sets. I'm not all that knowledgable on spring rates and dampner settings so I can't really go into a massive amount of detail on them. It really depends on the circuit. A track like Monza you want the car to ride the curbs so a slightly softer setup. With tracks like the nurburgring, its all about feel. Go with a harder setup to try and get the car to turn in better, but risk jumping curbs, or run a soft setup and risk understeer. Same with Suzuka. Two very important tracks to find a good balance.

Yes, but Modnation isn't GT, it would probably be too complex. I understand where people are coming from however. I think that if they did it, it would be a tool released for the PC.

Sure, it's basically fantasy but even if we were only discussing the course creation I would maintain the same opinion. What you can do to your tracks in Modnation is really something. I'm not saying it's a better game (I've barley played GT so far) but the design elements are very well done.

Had a quick play this morning. Wasn't blown away but then GT's never been the kind of game you can appreciate by just picking up and playing it.

Not sure where all these thousands of cars are though. Even in career mode there only seemed to be a few for each manufacturer and about 20 second hand ones, which were nearly all Nissan Skylines.

It's a bit misleading, there are (if Google is correct) 1031 different cars in GT5 but they are different variations of the same car. I.E there are 26 different Imprezas, 41 different Skylines. So 2 cars with subtle differences are listed by GT5 as 67 different cars. Which is right really, because they all are. But it is a tad clever wording.

I've basically earned around 90k on karts and got to level 9, I'm buying some sort of a supercar now :D

I've basically earned around 90k on karts and got to level 9, I'm buying some sort of a supercar now :D

I'm gutted there aren't more karting races :( I got gold on both the beginner and intermediate but now I have to wait until level 17 before I can do advanced.

I did go to the shop though and change the colour of my kart to white... they wouldn't let me put a turbo on it though. :lol:

I'm gutted there aren't more karting races :( I got gold on both the beginner and intermediate but now I have to wait until level 17 before I can do advanced.

I did go to the shop though and change the colour of my kart to white... they wouldn't let me put a turbo on it though. :lol:

I'd love to do more karting as well, and shame you can only win money once because it'd be an easy way towards a supercar - though it shouldn't really be like that in GT, should it? :lol:

I'm seriously considering GT for PSP in case I get bored during weekend at home, is it any good? I know you can't import cars into GT life now but how does it handle?

I'd love to do more karting as well, and shame you can only win money once because it'd be an easy way towards a supercar - though it shouldn't really be like that in GT, should it? :lol:

I'm seriously considering GT for PSP in case I get bored during weekend at home, is it any good? I know you can't import cars into GT life now but how does it handle?

No idea, I'm on ps3!

85% of the 133mb update with 13 minutes left.

feck my shitty broadband connection.

If it's finished in 13 minutes, i'll eat my hat.
-----

Ok i'm on prologue for a week just to keep my newly aquired driving skills up. Thankfully it will come in useful after all :cool:

No idea, I'm on ps3!

Me too, but I'm gone for a weekend as I'm visiting my parents 250km away from Krakow, I'm not taking PS3 with me because there's no point, and I consider buying this for PSP so that I can still race while away. :D

I had fun with the license tests in GT PSP, but I'm not sure how you'll think of it since you already have GT5. It'll probably seem like more of the same to you, just gimped.

:lol:

That update took me 15 seconds to download. Still stuck on gamedata install atm though....

:lol:

That update took me 15 seconds to download. Still stuck on gamedata install atm though....

All done, took 84 minutes in total :lol:

My connection here is sub 1mb at the moment, though apparantly I'm in line for FTTC soon. My old place had 16mb connection so it's a pain in the arse.

Anyway, all done now and watching the opening credits :)

I'll set it to install when I go to work in an hour.

These credits are insane btw. Love it :D

OK so i'm actually a bit annoyed. I got all golds in my GT5: Prologue and spent a long time doing it. I was under the impression that pretty much the whole point of Prologue was to give you a head start on your licenses.....

Now I find out that you can't transfer anything?! What was the point of Prologue apart from to create some interest in the game and some money for them?!

Prologue didn't have any licences!

Eh?! What was that class c class b and class a stuff I did then?!

Actually that makes sense seeing as I had to buy cars to do it.

Don't I feel like a dick now....

My god at IC-10... Disqualified. Disqualified. Disqualified. Disqualified. Disqualified. Disqualified. Disqualified. Disqualified. Disqualified. Disqualified. Disqualified. Qualified.

Stupid AI cars nipping in front on a turn then sharp braking right in front of you a second later in the bottleneck so you hit them and game over.

I haven't yet seen anything yet I can't do without completing the licenses first... can someone explain it to me? I get that they are for XP and for getting used to the game, but do they actually stop you from being able to do something until you do them? For example I just completed IC and it says I can do more races, but I can't see any?

My god at IC-10... Disqualified. Disqualified. Disqualified. Disqualified. Disqualified. Disqualified. Disqualified. Disqualified. Disqualified. Disqualified. Disqualified. Qualified.

Stupid AI cars nipping in front on a turn then sharp braking right in front of you a second later in the bottleneck so you hit them and game over.

That was not a nice one to gold, it goes down to the last two corners.

Eh?! What was that class c class b and class a stuff I did then?!

Actually that makes sense seeing as I had to buy cars to do it.

Don't I feel like a dick now....

They were events - that's all there was.

I don't know what happened to the original idea to be able to import your Prologue cars into the arcade mode of GT5, but it seems that they dumped it. Maybe because the Prologue saves were not copy protected?

Because BT are shit I don't have anything beyond dongle internet at the moment... what does the download provide? It's not bugged to feck is it?

How long does it take to install on PS3?

Because BT are shit I don't have anything beyond dongle internet at the moment... what does the download provide? It's not bugged to feck is it?

How long does it take to install on PS3?

When you get it set aside an hour to do something while it installs the various updates and game data.

i love it.

gameplay wise its great, and its all that matters. i thought that graphical aspect of this one will be better , but its decent. nothing to complain really, but it lacks "wow" effect which kaz was hyping.

look at this :drool:

my fellow polish bro show off

I have no idea what car to buy for what purpose. The stats given in the dealerships are a bit of a joke... tell me its top speed, tell me its 0 to 60. I don't want to spend 300K on a car that's 30mph slower than a car I could buy for 200K and take it on a track where it gets rinsed. Also it's terrible that you can't preview stuff before buying it i.e repainting the car. Also get a mechanic to tell me what's wrong with my rigidness before I spend 83,000 repairing it.

So many things make me say wow this is amazing in this game, then there are so many things that make me say wow, that's amateur hour... the minimum I'd expect to see in a car game that isn't there.

EDIT: The Nurburgring is an absolute joy to drive. Just went round in my R8 in a race with the other super cars, came 3rd with a 7.40 lap time, lost out to a Raybrig NSX '06 and a Citroen GT,