Gaming Gran Turismo 5

I don't see the point in B-Spec tbh, I personally won't be touching it and would have been happier if the resources put into that where put into something more worthwhile to the main game.

At this moment I'll have to agree. Haven't touched it too, because I'm not too keen on the concept.

I'm glad you're enjoying the new experience with the Driving Force GT Sarni. I have about 400k in the bank, just waiting to level up with 1 more race to get the SLS AMG. It drove really nicely in the Nurburgring Special. Can't wait to have a go on it when I get back home from work. Believe it or not, my main car at the moment is still a Honda Integra Type R, stock. It's one of my dream street cars when I was younger.

Here's a nice touch: Based on the birth date you've set on your PSN account, you get a free car from the same year you were born on your birthday. Not sure what happens if you're really, really old.

The idea of B Concept just seems shit to me. Watching someone else drive? I can't even be arsed to watch racing in real life. I'll probably end up doing it though just to 100% the game.

So far I've got my gold in B License and most of A and won the Sunday Cup (Woo). I'm only level 6 at the moment, can't wait for the damage effects to start kicking in.

Gonna have a session on the weekend!

On occasions, I used B-Spec in GT4 when I was grinding to get prize money, particularly on endurance races.

The A.I. was pretty shit though, often spinning out and throwing away possible 1st place finishes.

The idea of B Concept just seems shit to me. Watching someone else drive? I can't even be arsed to watch racing in real life. I'll probably end up doing it though just to 100% the game.

I thought the entire point this time round was that you didn't have to watch it, and you could control it over the web? I'll have to have a better look at it. I bet later on you need to do it though, as there will be an endurance race where you'll need to use your AI driver to take over from you.

B-spec really isn't all that great, I never touch it really.

I think it basically serves for someone trying to 100% the game and can't be arsed to play a 24-hour endurance. On B-spec you can set the speed to 3x (at least in GT4 you could) and have it finished in 8 hours - if you're hanging around every now and then to re-set the speed to 3x after each pit stop.

I personally won't be doing it either way, so I do hope my PS3 can survive two/three days turned on non-stop.

licence a9 was a bugger but bronzed it eventually. A10 (high speed ring 1 lap battles a bugger now). You can't bash into them or gun them down. You should be able to shoot out their tyres. Good fun though

you installed the 133mb? When it loaded didn't it ask to install? go options/misc - select utilities and then you see the option to install pre install main game data etc

*if you are in menu where you select arcade/licences etc - exit out of that screen. Options is on the screen prior

The layout is brilliant. I like the news feature too. Sounds like Onlines going well :D

It did run some kind of install screen before I played, but it only lasted for 5 odd minutes. Not long at all, i've read that its been taking 20+ mins?

yeah I reckon it was the update. Go to utilities and install it. We've all had to do it :(

Before work today i did a B-Spec race, the first amateur one. I stuck my guy in my suped up Mustang and watched as he got into first place before the first corner and finished the first lap with a 2 second lead, so i decided to leave him to it and get some breakfast. I come back and the race is over and somehow he's managed to finish last, 10 seconds off the lead. How the hell did that happen?

Before work today i did a B-Spec race, the first amateur one. I stuck my guy in my suped up Mustang and watched as he got into first place before the first corner and finished the first lap with a 2 second lead, so i decided to leave him to it and get some breakfast. I come back and the race is over and somehow he's managed to finish last, 10 seconds off the lead. How the hell did that happen?

How many laps was the race? Bad pit stop strategies? Maybe he lost control of the car (it can happen) and spun out of track?

Only 6 laps, he did skid abit round one corner that i saw so i guess he completely lost it whilst i wasn't watching.

I then put him in the Nissan MMR and he won easily, weird that.

How do I turn on simulation mode? Can't seem to find an option for it, currently have assists turned off but I'm assuming there must be an option for this?

driving a supra 3.0gt turbo a'88...looks like Kit. Don't have the red bar on the front and don't talk which is a bonus. The nightrider soundtrack would have been nice however. I've got four silvers and 15 bronzes :cool:

I think the batmobile would have been a nice car to put in as a special bonus. They could have strategically put humans close to every bend which the car would use for cornering and lol purposes

driving a supra 3.0gt turbo a'88...looks like Kit. Don't have the red bar on the front and don't talk which is a bonus. The nightrider soundtrack would have been nice however. I've got four silvers and 15 bronzes :cool:

I think the batmobile would have been a nice car to put in as a special bonus. They could have strategically put humans close to every bend which the car would use for cornering and lol purposes

On the rally tracks they should have, nothing more realistic than idiots nearly get smashed into during a rally.

you could have had the burners melting cars if they were behind you for too long. Missed opportunity :( I can just see the driver having to use the ejector seat or diving out the window and running the rest of the laps

Tuscany night race in a Murcielago is sex.

I did one earlier, can't remember which one but was about 11 miles - night race - longest straight was over 2 miles and I was thinking how great it would be for multiplayer. Not sure I tried Tuscany yet.

Tuscany night race in a Murcielago is sex.

That race is nuts. The lift off oversteer in that car is nerving to say the least but by god its fun. Added to that the blind corners and massive undulations let alone the whole night thing make it absolutely surreal.

Is anybody else enjoying the rallying? Those 08 WRC cars are fantastic although you can barely see anything out of the Ford.

If anybody is struggling with the Madrid license test with the Super Veloce, don't try and hug the corner. Aim the car towards the middle of the track and then turn in either in the middle of the corner or just after. Use power oversteer if need be to get the car to turn in.

I love this game as much as I ever did.

It's just GT, but better.

Can't wait to have a bit of online with some of you lot.

Trial mountain awaits us Elvis.

Had a quick play this morning. Wasn't blown away but then GT's never been the kind of game you can appreciate by just picking up and playing it.

Not sure where all these thousands of cars are though. Even in career mode there only seemed to be a few for each manufacturer and about 20 second hand ones, which were nearly all Nissan Skylines.

Wasn't impressed with the course maker, you don't make your own track you just tell GT some variables and it generates a track itself with its own corners... I wanted to really design my own with control over my corners and how they were shaped etc.

Picked up a mint RUF 930 in the second hand shop for 90 grand. As much as some of these standard cars are annoying without a cockpit view lads, they're just as much fun to drive as the premium ones. Picked up a Lancer 1800 GT rally car '68' for the classic Japanese series. Extremely fun going around Suzuka east with the arse end hanging out through the flip flop complex.

Kind of wish I could have bought a 2000 GTR skyline or S30Z, but they're not exactly in high order.

Next car on the wanted list is probably the Maserati Gran Turismo followed by the Enzo. I could buy the GT now, but going to hold out to see if I need anything else for racing.

you installed the 133mb? When it loaded didn't it ask to install? go options/misc - select utilities and then you see the option to install pre install main game data etc

*if you are in menu where you select arcade/licences etc - exit out of that screen. Options is on the screen prior

The layout is brilliant. I like the news feature too. Sounds like Onlines going well :D

I did, but at first I declined, after the software update and the game install I wasn't going to wait the "approximately 20 minutes" just to play the game.

I looked at doing it in game and the estimate grew to 50 minutes. So I quit and then installed it from start-up. Then I fell asleep. :lol:

It did run some kind of install screen before I played, but it only lasted for 5 odd minutes. Not long at all, i've read that its been taking 20+ mins?

25 minutes for me. But I hope it will be worth it as the load times without the install were ridiculous.

Picked up a mint RUF 930 in the second hand shop for 90 grand. As much as some of these standard cars are annoying without a cockpit view lads, they're just as much fun to drive as the premium ones. Picked up a Lancer 1800 GT rally car '68' for the classic Japanese series. Extremely fun going around Suzuka east with the arse end hanging out through the flip flop complex.

Kind of wish I could have bought a 2000 GTR skyline or S30Z, but they're not exactly in high order.

Next car on the wanted list is probably the Maserati Gran Turismo followed by the Enzo. I could buy the GT now, but going to hold out to see if I need anything else for racing.

I had a peek at your progress last night...:lol: you're mental!

I can't wait to play this tonight. If the loading stuff starts to piss me off too much I'm just going to disconnect from the internet.

Last night I bagged myself a Honda Civic R Type thing.

The sense of speed when you gun it down like the first night track you can play is freakin' amazing.

Can't wait to get my wheel next week!

it's a great game but it killed my ps3 blu ray drive :D Thankfully I have another but what a cnut. Agh well, it gives some of you lads a chance because to be frank, I've gotten good :cool:

Wasn't impressed with the course maker, you don't make your own track you just tell GT some variables and it generates a track itself with its own corners... I wanted to really design my own with control over my corners and how they were shaped etc.

Yeah when you see modnation racer, the potential is really there to make something amazing. Put a few sheep on a track, and it could have been legendary :) Hopefully they take that into account because the play create share genres the way forward

Yeah when you see modnation racer, the potential is really there to make something amazing. Put a few sheep on a track, and it could have been legendary :) Hopefully they take that into account because the play create share genres the way forward

Modnation's design functions are outstanding.