Gaming Gran Turismo 5

It handles like shit and cannot be really used outside of three races at the minute, so it won't pay for itself, but who cares, I'm getting golds in all World Classic Car series and then I'll try to buy a proper car when I'm at proper level.

Is there any point buying GT for PSP? Because I'm gone for a weekend and I could probably get some decent cars in there, though they will be standard cars and I'm trying to stay clear - won't stay entirely clear because I definitely want to drive A5 and Veyron.

See if you can beef up the suspension. Should help with the steering. Open Diffs + leaf springs were not really designed to go around corners at pace.

Is there any point buying GT for PSP? Because I'm gone for a weekend and I could probably get some decent cars in there, though they will be standard cars and I'm trying to stay clear - won't stay entirely clear because I definitely want to drive A5 and Veyron.

I think that there's a limit - 50 did I read? And you can only use them in arcade mode or online, you can't take them into GT Life.

I'm not overly sourced on console development (just pc work, hence directx reference). But its all relatively new still, Crysis 2 is the first fps to roll with Shader Deformation, which looks alright ingame, but not overly useful in terms of gameplay features. I can see the benefit of using it however for a racing game to provide realistic damage to the car itself and the environment.

We'll have to wait for GT6 :)

Anyhoo, time for the apprentice!

See if you can beef up the suspension. Should help with the steering. Open Diffs + leaf springs were not really designed to go around corners at pace.

It actually handled fine the second time around, seems to be much better at corners than C30, trouble is that once you started spinning it's over.

I only got the first license so far, mostly silver. I'll get another one tomorrow probably, I prefer racing at the minute. Now off to Autumn Ring with my beloved Corvette.

Is there any way to check my mileage in it? I cannot seem to find it and I'd like to know.

I'm in a process of selling all six standard cars that I've got recently for winning the races, I don't think I'm going to use them for now and I can probably get a new car for that!

I got Z4 for around 70k now, black saphirre metallic, so I have a total of three cars and a go kart in my garage! Yeah!

It's not a GT4 car, it was made for GTPSP, so it looks decent, just doesn't have a cockpit as of yet.

Fair enough. I'm really enjoying this game but the gt4 cars and the ridiculous load times are rubbish in all honesty. Really sours it.

Fair enough. I'm really enjoying this game but the gt4 cars and the ridiculous load times are rubbish in all honesty. Really sours it.

I'm coming to the opinion that maybe they should have left the standard cars out, or at least had a check box on first starting the game to ask if you want them or not.

As for the load times, have you fully installed it? Even if you have, it's still installing more as you go believe it or not.

Gran Turismo 5: Installation Analysis - Page 1 | DigitalFoundry | Eurogamer.net

So, it gets better as you go on - think of it like levelling up. I'm quite sure they did it on purpose - the more you play, the faster it loads.

I'm coming to the opinion that maybe they should have left the standard cars out, or at least had a check box on first starting the game to ask if you want them or not.

As for the load times, have you fully installed it? Even if you have, it's still installing more as you go believe it or not.

Gran Turismo 5: Installation Analysis - Page 1 | DigitalFoundry | Eurogamer.net

So, it gets better as you go on - think of it like levelling up. I'm quite sure they did it on purpose - the more you play, the faster it loads.

They should have at least left the bad looking standard cars out, they spoil experience a bit when you're racing next to them.

Got 34,000 in prizes for karting, amazing. :eek: Up to level 8 too, I should probably go to sleep now!

Old mass manufactured cars in real life look shit! I remember when someone that owned a Ford Capri was cool. They look like shit!

Ford_capri_mk2_1974.jpg

I don't like how Z4 handles, it seems heavy, so although it has a lot of power it's not really that nice to drive. I'll be looking to buy an Audi or a Mercedes tomorrow, a sedan preferably - I don't know if there's a premium RS4 and I turned it off already so I cannot check but presumably there is.

You'd think they wouldn't let you give your level 1 B-Spec drive an R8 and send him out into level 1 races with it... easy winnings... there should be limits on what you can enter.

There are limits, but also there is enough of a buffer either side to make you make a daft decision or not. Isn't that the whole point? It's not got you by a leash, and allows a little freedom, yet does confine you at the same time. An R8 isn't all that to be fair.

There are limits, but also there is enough of a buffer either side to make you make a daft decision or not. Isn't that the whole point? It's not got you by a leash, and allows a little freedom, yet does confine you at the same time. An R8 isn't all that to be fair.

It is when he's racing against Peugeot 207s. I know there's an element of 'well don't do it' about it, but still. It's hardly realism. Then again probably picking at the slightest of things. The point being, the B-Spec side will be disappointing for me because if you buy him a decent car he'll just piss all over the opposition, I would have expected at least for his level to also reflect the type of car he can drive and affect his ability to drive it well.

Again I think that it is a work in progress. Maybe they should not have put B-Spec in? But I also suppose that they get feedback about what they did right and what they did wrong and can fix it, either for this or the next one. I've not gone anywhere near it. Does this GT Anywhere work where you can manage the B-Spec on your PC?

I don't see the point in B-Spec tbh, I personally won't be touching it and would have been happier if the resources put into that where put into something more worthwhile to the main game.