Gaming Gran Turismo 5

The perks of being a student on a Micky Mouse course at a Micky Mouse university i believe. Plus, it's officially the easter holidays.

Apparently an error occurred during the downloading of the update. Massive sigh at that. Looks like i can still play the game though, just doubt it will go online.

How have you lot got it? Say it's out tomorrow and I can't find it on the PSN.

:lol:

Should be made available on PSN tonight and in the shops tomorrow. I look forward to bitzing you all online.

:D

Any idea what time tonight? And yeah, should be awesome online although I must stress racing games tend to be my bitch!

Yeah I will do, what's it like anyway? Really good or..

Brilliant. The full game is still around a year away aswell, so it is going to be immense! Hopefully they will release more tracks on the PSN to download, as there are only 7 currently available. Well worth the £20.

This game really shines online. It's fantastic. I had such an urge to win that i don't really have when playing other games online, i'm usually relaxed when i play, but i really wanted to win in all 4 games i played just now. Needless to say, i came 4th, 4th, 5th and 11th :annoyed:

Lucky bastards! I've been playing the demo for the last hour :lol:

Can't wait until tomorrow!

still not on PSN store for me, so gutted :( I can't take the waiting

PS Store is normally updated on Thursdays at 6pm GMT/BST, you have 10 minutes to wait.

Hope so mate, don't think I have enough alcohol to drown my sorrows if I have to wait until tomorrow :lol:

EDIT: Just wondering with the final GTAIV trailer due today, would they postpone the update further, so that they could accommodate it?

Picked mine up this morning from Gamestation.

The in-car-view is brilliant! It feels sooooo realistic.

Got it a couple of hours ago. Not downloaded the update to get online yet. Got myself a orange Focus. Walked the sunday cup. ;)

Just turned the game off without saving since earning a further 120,000credits ffs.

im tryin to play but its being gay, why do we have to instal games ffs i instaled it, then it said you need to download an update, this is taking longer to download than install the game

now it comes up with download failed

For the people having trouble with the update. Cancel it, go into the game, then go onto GTTV and use the update from there. Don't ask my why, but it downloaded fast and actually worked when i used that method.

Right have been waiting to get a PS3 til this games comes out (good deals on now), anyways so is this game not a full version of the game?! Is it like a demo? Also, I've heard mentions of F1 being in this game...can someone ellighten me further please?

ahh I seeee....

For what it is, it's well worth 20 quid, it has a lot more to it than a lot of full priced games. Ok, only 70 or so cars instead of the 900 that will be in GT5, only 6 main tracks instead of the god knows how many GT5 will have, no online matchmaking as the full GT5 will have, but for 20 quid it's worth the price and will get updates as the GT5 release approaches.

Just a suggestion, but try accessing the replays of those with the best times, and see what they are doing right and you are doing wrong. Trouble is, some people are playing it with a wheel, and with a pad you will not be able to do quite that well.

Here's a YouTube of some bloke in the F1 car. I think the comparison is Schumacher himself.

Wouldn't it be totally kick-ass if you were good enough at a game, where you won a tournament and got to interview the game's creator one-on-one? Especially if that creator was Kazunori Yamauchi...?

Creator of the esteemed Gran Turismo franchise sat down with the winner of the Gran Turismo 5: Prologue Middle East Challenge, Ahmed Al Azmi, and had some very interesting things to say. First of all, he presented Azmi with an autographed, unreleased Ceramic White PS3 and PSP as a prize, which is something we all wish we had. Then, on the subject of a Gran Turismo 5 release date, Yamauchi actually laughed at the 2010 rumor and said the game will launch "sooner than expected." That's great news, and he also spoke about private online races and the existence of rubber-band AI; it won't be welcome to racing enthusiasts, but perhaps it's not a bad idea. If a car falls more than 2 seconds behind in a race, you will receive the benefit of enhanced power and grip to give you a chance to catch up. Now, we're not sure if this applies to only the online portion of GT5...we're not the biggest fans of this feature implemented into the single-player simulated mode.

Anyway, feel free to read the full interview; it's worth your perusal. You may notice that while Porsche isn't annoyed at the prospect of vehicle damage, Ferrari is balking at the idea. Clearly, there are a few things that still need to be ironed out, but that "sooner than expected" comment sits prominently in our minds...

Trial Mountain here we come:drool::drool:

No wonder this game is taking so long, as they are fecking about. :lol:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/sp/d2788.html

Gran Turismo in 4 times the resolution of Full HD

Polyphony Digital also presented two technological trials for the next generation at this event. Both of the presentations, were founded on the philosophy of “achieving the highest possible quality” held over the years by Gran Turismo.

One of these, was a time trial competition using Sony’s newest digital cinema projector, the “SRX-S110”. Gran Turismo 5 prologue is already in Full HD resolution at 1920 x 1080 pixels, providing the highest resolution possible in today’s TV content. However in this time trial, the Full HD image was increased to twice the resolution both vertically and horizontally (4x the surface area), enabling game play at an ultra high resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels. This was performed by connecting and synchronizing four Playstation 3’s outputting a quarter of the image each at 1920x1080 pixels, but you must remember this demands an extremely high quality image from the source that can withstand the ultra high resolution. It can be said that this demonstration was only made possible, because the source image was Gran Turismo.

What supported this time trial on the display side, was the newest digital cinema projector from Sony, the SRX-110. This “4K”SXRD”(*1) projector is the next generation in projector technology, enabling a resolution of 4096 x 2160 pixels, equivalent to the high resolution image of 35mm film. The high 4000:1 device contrast ratio and a response time of 5 milliseconds, also adds to the level of breathtaking image expression introduced here.

The crowd was simply amazed by the clarity of the image displayed on the massive 220 inch screen, and the players who participated in the time trial expressed their excitement of how perfectly in focus the screen is even close up, and at the quality of Gran Turismo.

2r4tow4.jpg

2dgmhk4.jpg

The Ultra-Real, 240fps Demonstration

The other display was a playable demonstration on a Nano-Spindt FED / Field Emissions Display developed by Sony, with a frame rate of 240fps (240 frames per second).

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue has already achieved a frame rate of 60p (progressive), but in this demo, Gran Turismo was made playable at four times this frame rate at 240fps.

The SXRD demonstration described above used four PS3’s to improve image quality, but this used the same to increase the frame rate.

winh9y.jpg

Get the fecking game out you bastards!!! :mad:

At least now it seems that they have improved the engine for the full GT5, as it says that it is outputting at Full HD 1920x1080, whereas Prologue renders an anamorphic 1280x1080 image.

Hmmm.... this has got me thinking and is something I alluded to (the reason for the gigabit ethernet port on PS3) 7 months ago in this post in the GTAIV thread: https://www.redcafe.net/4453641-post339.html

I really do not think that we will see a PS4 anytime soon, even if Microsoft release a new console I don't think we will see PS4, but rather PSThree. This might sound like madness, but looking at what they are doing here with GT5, Sony could replace the PS3 with a PSThree for new machines by placing an extra Cell and RSX in the box with an extra 1GB of RAM, with an add-on for existing PS3 owners that would simply be a slender rectagular box that your current PS3 would sit on top of and connect to the PS3 with an ethernet cable. Inside would be a Cell, RSX, and 1GB of RAM, with 2 gigabit ethernet ports on the back. New games at that point could do what GT5 here is doing, if on a PS3 it would run at a lower resolution/framerate, but if on a PSThree or a PS3 with the add-on box, would up the detail/frame rate/resolution. The entire thing is highly scalable. It would also be very cheap to do.

Wild speculation. Though if Sony do produce it, it could make things very interesting.

You're maybe right, but it will turn out to be a Jap only release, like so many of the major add ons for the PS2. They could have made the original PS2 half the size, if they didn't have the massive gap for a HDD, which was never released.