Gaming Gran Turismo 5

Wonder if you can go through the whole game without buying any standard car whatsoever. I just prefer the cockpit view thats all.

Also, postman as been and no game :(

Tempted to just go buy it in town, I promised myself to never do this when a game doesn't arrive on time declaring anyone that did a complete dork but god damn its tempting.

Wonder if you can go through the whole game without buying any standard car whatsoever.

The standard cars are in the used car dealership, which changes on a day by day basis, so I would assume that you can, unless a specific licence or event forces you to try and find one. You've onlly got around 250 premiums (around 80 or so more than GT3 had in total) to choose from, it might be a little limiting. ;)

Knowing my luck there won't be any stock around any of the supermarkets or shops leaving me to ponder what could have been after the football tonight.

I must be missing something here. I only played Forza for a bit but didn't think it was especially impressive visually. There are other racing games out there that at the very least match it.

Anyway, xmas shopping after work so if this is still about in Game by late this afternoon as part of a package with the console, I'll probably be tempted into buying it.

i keep getting bronzes in licence b :nervous: Just got a silver!! Complete fluke

I tell you what weaste. It sure beats crashing into the wall hehe

Its my birthday on the 8th December. My wife is buying me the game for her present. So i have to wait til then to play it :(

I want this game more than anything. Even if she says she would buy a nurses outfit to wear, but the cost would be to give up the game, then i would have to go for the game instead. :annoyed:

More impressions, more....

Boring Multiplayer Modes
While the addition of the multiplayer mode in Gran Turismo 5 is a nice one, what makes it a let down is the two modes that players are only able to play. The two modes that players can play are Free Run and Shuffle Race. These two modes are just a basic car race and I can guarantee that after a couple of matches, you’ll get bored of it.

We need more! :lol:

Are some people just thick, or do they simply act thick just for the sake of it?

I got it, I've played some races, graphics really aren't great, it drives fine but so far I've not been that impressed by this game at all. Hope it improves with time.

Got Volvo C30 now, I'm disappointed there is no A5 in premium cars. I've driven C30 in real life quite some time so I'll have something to compare it against.

Got mine through post this morning, playing it now. Done so of the beginner races and don't think the graphics are that special to be fair. The tracks look tidier like the ones that are in Forza also but the cars don't see too great, not as good as I expected anyway. Loving the music lol. Not done any licenses yet.

just won my first race in the suzuka circuit east course (lightweight k cup) in my trusted suzuki kei works '02. Didn't get the first time :D woops. Just won it again :cool: time 3:57:786 (3 laps) - best lap 1:14

Karting btw is tricky. Very sensitive in comparison. On the licences - should be a multiplayer feature. Would make a fun mini game