Gaming Gran Turismo 5

Postponed until December in Poland, great, just great. :lol: I'll probably have to import.

That blows, Weaste. Do you think you will get it on the official release date?

I am, but i haven't played a racing game since one of the Need for Speeds (i forget which one).

I was alright at Burnout though, you getting it?

Nah. I have Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, and I purchased Burnout Paradise on Saturday. My racing itch has been well and truly scratched.

I'm putting the fact that mine may be a dodgy copy aside. Done some license tests for now, the game, honestly, does indeed feel somewhat like iRacing (note I've only driven easy to handle cars in GT5 so far), especially in cockpit mode. My TV's 720p, so when I say the graphics are normal when compared to iRacing, take it with a pinch of salt. What I can confirm though is that car shadows while the 3-2-1 countdown starts are piss poor, with loads of jaggies. So graphics whores, learn to scale your expectations accordingly.

Sound's playing through my RCA cables -> DT880 and it sounds good enough for me. Much better than iRacing anyway. Music's good too.

Any recommendations for steering wheels?

any logitech. I just ordered the gt from amazon as i'm a cheap :D. Dont have a clutch but sounds good enough. My gt5 despatched too but I was cheap with the delivery. Woo

Jesus 80 quid for an accessory! I stick with a controller thanks.

yeah i know what you mean but it never felt right playing racers with joypad. It's just not as immersive. If you play racing games at home on gamepad/joypad/joystick etc it's not as much fun as in the arcades and that's purely because of the wheel.

Why's that? Did France suck up all of the discs?

Don't know, different stores have different version of a story. Some even informed they will have it in stock tomorrow but that's not been confirmed yet, most of them say they don't know when it'll be available. I'll find a copy tomorrow or on Wednesday anyway, I may pay over the odds but I want it now, not when Sony decides it's ready.

Have you tried the F1 2007 in Prologue with the controller? Brutal! If nothing else, it keeps your thumbs active.

Like i've said Weaste i'm not much of a driving game kinda gamer. I'll give it a go with the controller and then i'll wait and see about the wheel, more than likely if i can't get on with it without having to fork out an extra £80 i'll get rid.

Like i've said Weaste i'm not much of a driving game kinda gamer. I'll give it a go with the controller and then i'll wait and see about the wheel, more than likely if i can't get on with it without having to fork out an extra £80 i'll get rid.

Oh, you'll have no problem with the less powerful cars. The problem with the pad is with keeping a turning arc and adjusting it, the same with the accelerator even if you use the triggers. You end up flicking the analogue stick like a bean and feathering with the accelerator. With a wheel it's all far more natural.

Oh, you'll have no problem with the less powerful cars. The problem with the pad is with keeping a turning arc and adjusting it, the same with the accelerator even if you use the triggers. You end up flicking the analogue stick like a bean and feathering with the accelerator. With a wheel it's all far more natural.

I bought a wheel ages ago for the playstation 1 for the original (I think) Gran Turismo. It sucked, big time. Are the current ones good?

The expensive ones are very good.

Also @ Xander45, start with all assists on, ABS, traction control, etc. I play with them all off, but then it becomes a different game. With ABS off for example, you can't turn and brake at the same time obviously - something you can do in an arcade racer. In a real car, if the front wheels can't rotate because you have the brakes on, you're just going to go in a straight line.

When we do this online lobby thing how does the assists system work? Will people be able to run assists or are we going to have a mixture of both, doesn't really matter ofcourse because its all about how individuals drive.

Also @ Xander45, start with all assists on, ABS, traction control, etc. I play with them all off, but then it becomes a different game. With ABS off for example, you can't turn and brake at the same time obviously - something you can do in an arcade racer. In a real car, if the front wheels can't rotate because you have the brakes on, you're just going to go in a straight line.

I will do Weaste, if i can find a wheel for a reasonable price i'll probably grab one as i know it'll make a big difference.

I drive with the assists off and you can dial out the locking up of the front wheels just with a few tweaks to the brake bias and brake pressure. You will still lockup if you brake hard but I normally find a good balance.

maybe i should have paid by the plan thing instead then, oh well, atleast ill save £25 in the long run which ill prob forget im getting back :)

hey van, just wanted to remind you that you're due your £25 back :D

can you do something for me, when you login to to your Very account, does the order show under the 'where is my order tab' ? it doesn't for me but after ringing them up i was told its coming on Wed, but it should show under my order history right? I just wanted to confirm this was due to their fecked up system and not a system feck up.

Also, no notification of the £25 we're due back but this should happen just before or after delivery as i was told months ago.

hey van, just wanted to remind you that you're due your £25 back :D

can you do something for me, when you login to to your Very account, does the order show under the 'where is my order tab' ? it doesn't for me but after ringing them up i was told its coming on Wed, but it should show under my order history right? I just wanted to confirm this was due to their fecked up system and not a system feck up.

Also, no notification of the £25 we're due back but this should happen just before or after delivery as i was told months ago.

It only shows orders from past 3 months . We ordered them 3 months ago Friday or something