Gaming Gran Turismo 5

It is pretty crap to be fair... £130 for the game game with a metal case that will get put on a bookshelf, a toy car, a wallet, usb key and key fob. Oh and a strategy guide... for £130...

Imagine getting out of your car, locking it with a GT key fob, walking into the store and getting your GT wallet out, you'll look a right tool.

Yeah, something I'd do when I was 11 years old, in my mind I'd be a pro GT driver and everyone would think of me as a rather cool lad, doesn't quite work that way 10 years later.

And the car is really only slightly bigger than a Matchbox models that you buy for £1 normally. You're getting a strategy guide with a Collector's edition that's only £10 more expensive than a normal game, not £100 like this crap.

COD's Prestige edition included a remote controlled car that appears in a game, equipped with a camera, and it was still £40 cheaper than this. At least they could have made more effort here.

Bought the collectors edition although now i'm wondering why. Not really worth the extra $50. As for the sig edition. I can by a 1/18th scale model SLS with a game for cheaper then the sig edition. A toy car with Gran Turismo on it is not worth $200 more.

You're paying $50 more for a collector's edition? Thought there was only a slight difference, here it's £10 or about $18, which is about fair for a 200-page guide.

I have played it now.

It's shit.

Nah, it was as expected. It looks gorgeous but I just played a few license tests so I didn't really get much of a feel for the game. Can't wait til I get my copy so I can really sink my teeth into it.

Karting is very difficult.

Can't wait for it, I may even get to play it tomorrow. I fear that I'll only get it on Tuesday along with NFS and AC:B which basically means an all night gaming, which won't come handy at all ahead of a test on 9am Wednesday morning, luckily I've taken a similar test a year ago and passed with A so I can only hope for the same, while playing those games like crazy. :lol:

I have played it now.

It's shit.

Nah, it was as expected. It looks gorgeous but I just played a few license tests so I didn't really get much of a feel for the game. Can't wait til I get my copy so I can really sink my teeth into it.

Karting is very difficult.

Did you play it you on pad or wheel?

----
I've ordered it so it's officially the best game ever now no worries. Don't mind me. I'm a reckless driver who will cause plenty of pain in the months/years to come

I'll buy a Mini Cooper as my first car and decide how realistic the game is. :D

In Prologue my Mini drove nothing like in real world, but it had a different engine too I think - I doubt an engine would make that much of a difference when it comes to handling though, it simply felt too heavy and clumsy round the corners. I think the new GT5 will be completely different that the Prologue though.

My only regret with this game is that it doesn't have Porsches, and I'd really, really want to drive a brand new shiny Carrera.

My only regret with this game is that it doesn't have Porsches, and I'd really, really want to drive a brand new shiny Carrera.

It depends on when EA's exclusive licence expires. I don't even think that Polyphony pay much or even anything at all to get car licences, manufacturers are normally falling over themselves to have their cars in this game series due to the simple exposure it gets. IF and when the EA licence expires, you may see some DLC car. Until then, you'll have to put up with the standard RUFs.

Am I the only PS3 owner who is totally nonplussed by this?

And I enjoy racing games.

Does not compute!

superspeedwaydaytona.jpg

Then why? My guess would be that you already get your fix on the PC with rFactor/iRacing/GTR?

No, my PC is utter shit. It almost had a heart attack when you mentioned those games.

I don't know, I guess I'm just being cynical. I wasn't blown away by Prologue by any means, and the game will have to be perfect to justify the amount of time in development and the hype surrounding it. And nothing is perfect.

Also, (as someone said earlier) the fact that certain cars are difficult to control using the joypad. What the feck?

Well done gamer, you've unlocked this shiny Ferrari. Want to use it? Go and buy a steering wheel and pedals.

Bah!

where you are getting these massive screenshots from weaste? could do with a few for my pc background

It depends on when EA's exclusive licence expires. I don't even think that Polyphony pay much or even anything at all to get car licences, manufacturers are normally falling over themselves to have their cars in this game series due to the simple exposure it gets. IF and when the EA licence expires, you may see some DLC car. Until then, you'll have to put up with the standard RUFs.

Yeah, I know about the license thing but they didn't even create a single premium RUF car for this one which is a same. Getting 1031 in there is impressive though (even if it's somehow inflated by putting too many Skylines, Hondas or Supras) and they've basically created any other fast car on the planet so I can't complain.

The lighting effects are just astonishing. BTW are they any Maserati in this game?

I was not really interested in this at all until I entered this thread a couple of days ago. Too much sexyness, couldn't resist.

Delivery 1 of 1
Dispatching Soon

Delivery Estimate: 24 Nov 2010
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

We are preparing these items for dispatch and this portion of your order cannot be cancelled or changed.Write a Product Review We are preparing these items for dispatch and this portion of your order cannot be cancelled or changed.

Yerooooo