Gaming Gran Turismo 5

You can be off the throttle, or really really light on it at times, like when you turn into a corner, or going around a long bend at certain moments, if you don't want to understeer out of it, or want to correct oversteer.

That said, obviously the wheel and pedal setup gives you a huge advantage. I can't wait to get my DFGT going with GT5.

He's well over a minute off the minimum of what he should be doing in the dry, but we have no clue as to what tyres he's doing that on. To win S-10 in Prologue you needed to do around 2:03 per lap (5 laps starting 16th) to get the gold.

Looking back at some of the old clips, what is striking is how good this game can look at times. It's the quality of the modelling (no wonder it takes them so long) and that lighting system that they are using (totally beyond compare), it just blows everything else out of the water - no PC racing game looks like this.

So, GT5 Due out on the 24th.

My first baby due on the 24th.

Not really sure what I'm looking forward to most :smirk:

So, GT5 Due out on the 24th.

Not really sure what I'm looking forward to most :smirk:

Oh, congrats, a baby!

I'd take the opportunity now, as the mother will be glowing. The first three months after having a new baby are great, you never get moaned at, ever - the woman's focus is almost 100% on the thingy.

Oh, congrats, a baby!

I'd take the opportunity now, as the mother will be glowing. The first three months after having a new baby are great, you never get moaned at, ever - the woman's focus is almost 100% on the thingy.

Cheers Weaste.

If she drops on time, we're looking at three weeks off work GT5 time (inbetween shitty nappies and the like) plenty of time to own Elvis on Trial Mountain :D

Still haven't decided whether this is going to convince me to buy a PS3. Probably depends how the funds look once I factor in the christmas stuff.

If my skill level is anything like with other racing/online games, nobody here has anything to fear either way.

Congrats RN!

Still haven't decided whether this is going to convince me to buy a PS3. Probably depends how the funds look once I factor in the christmas stuff.

If my skill level is anything like with other racing/online games, nobody here has anything to fear either way.

Congrats RN!

Cheers Noods.

Do it fella, this is a must own game imo, everyone will be getting it, the online racing, on this forum alone should be fecking great, that's what I'm looking forward to the most tbh, you can't beat racing against real people rather than computer AI.

Cheers Noods.

Do it fella, this is a must own game imo, everyone will be getting it, the online racing, on this forum alone should be fecking great, that's what I'm looking forward to the most tbh, you can't beat racing against real people rather than computer AI.

It's just whether it's worth forking out £200+ just to play one game. It looks so good though! and my XBox will likely pack in again eventually so in the long term I can probably justify it.

It's just whether it's worth forking out £200+ just to play one game. It looks so good though! and my XBox will likely pack in again eventually so in the long term I can probably justify it.

Only you know that lad, all I can say is that the craic on here should be well worth the expense, plus you get yourself a shit hot blue ray player for free.

Sweet. That's one thing I was wondering about.

TBH though, it's the ability to race against mates I am looking forward to most. I was made up when I heard Prologue was incorporating an online section, and then equally gutted when I found out there was no private lobby function and you were just thrown in with random strangers.

We've waited far too long for this.

If you can't go round Suzuka is a tuned stock car in less than 2:00 you're going to get owned by the likes of Marchi and Redlambs. Elvis is going to get lapped, multiple times.

They can certainly talk the talk, we'll see how good they really are soon enough though :)

Not that I'm any great shakes, should be able to hold my own though I hope, trouble is I never have the time to get enough practice in, could really do with a dedicated set-up and not sharing the lounge TV with the missus :(

Suzuka is a bitch of a track but a very beautiful one. If you make one mistake, it can ruin your entire lap by 10 seconds or more, doing lap after lap on the button takes a lot of concentration, it's a track that frustrates the hell out of me. Others are far easier.

Suzuka is a bitch of a track but a very beautiful one. If you make one mistake, it can ruin your entire lap by 10 seconds or more, doing lap after lap on the button takes a lot of concentration, it's a track that frustrates the hell out of me. Others are far easier.

I think it's a fantastic track but a hard one to master that's for sure. You got a real sense of achievement when you could string some good laps together in the Ford GT.

I hope the data logger works for all cars in an online race so that you can view what the hell the winners have been doing. It will help you to improve one hell of a lot, far more than racing against a ghost car.

Why would the dpad force you to be some periods without throttle or brakes? With my traditional layout (accelerate on X with the inter-falangic of my thumb and break with the tip of my thumb) that could indeed happen a lot of time, but it's been a while since I got used to accelerate on R2 and break on L2 I don't see a reason why it would have to be that way.

And you sir, get ready to provide a lot of driving tips on the next few months, you seem to know your way around this :D

Also, I need to know how to create that MP3 thing. I don't play with race BGM and I definitely want to listen to the licenses trophies music.

Well see you the dpad is only so sensitive. On a wheel, the throttle to the floor has a bit longer to travel then the triggers and thus, you can be far more sensitive. But be warned, i'm probably the most clueless person when it comes to setups. I can read the data, but my knowledge only goes as far as camber, wing, spring and gearbox ratio settings. No idea about differential and damper settings and thats where alot of time can be made or lost.

Not sure i'll run my G25 for alot of this game though. While its incredibly fun, it becomes a pain in the arse to unpack and pack every time I play it and i'd rather just get on then race then fiddle with cords for 10 minutes. I'm still not bad with the old dpad :smirk: Hit a 1:37'828 with it on the Academy demo.

2zq6dmv.jpg

:drool:

License test list for those that don't want the surprise.
National B permit
B-1: Challenges stop 200m
B-2: Direction
B-3: Exterior - Interior - Exterior, "the Corner Elementary
B-4: Brakes in a turn
B-5: Elementary Theory of the turn - Entry slow, fast output
B-6: Remove a turn loop
B-7: Trajectories at high speed and acceleration control
B-8: Finding a path through a curve in S
B-9: Double with suction
B-10: Indianapolis Motorspeedway Superspeedway - Battle on a lathe

National A license