Gaming Gran Turismo 5

It's probably a memory management problem, for a few frames the road just disappears, as if the data isn't there for the renderer. Shame they couldn't have put 1GB in there, at launch though that was expensive, the cost now would be negligible.

You know what Weaste, something is still fishy about all of this. As I said last week, Sony have the ability to remotely shut down the consoles of those playing the game, but seemingly aren't. They're quite content with letting leaked images flow on the internet. Now I can understand the whole standard model car thing. What the leaks have done is allowed the gamers to get their anguish out of the way, but nothing is really adding up. You'd think these gamer types would be quite willing to spill more of the beans on the game, but they're not. They give us snippets and thats about it and most of it is on dodgy camera phones. Its all just a bit strange.

Look at biccie. You can almost gurantee that he was playing black ops on one of his ban consoles and the rumors starting to circulate that these guys have been given review copies.

It was probably all planned to some degree.

The idea that a bunch of people just wondered out of a warehouse with copies of the game and posted a few shitty clips of themselves playing it on Youtube, is even more silly than the idea Sony are playing games with everyone just to hype up and prepare for the christmas sales that little bit more.

I for one am not bothered with not having interiors for the standard vehicles. I can't drive properly in the interior view, never could in any game, your visibility of the track is awful. I can only race with either the camera where you just see the track or the one that you can see the front cover of the car. These are the best to drive.

Then on the replays yes, it might be cool to watch the interiors. I love watching replays of good races as it's the only time one can really enjoy the graphics of the game, specially of the car we're driving.

He he he!

s6n1r.jpg

How many hours can the PS3 stay turned on with a reasonable level of safety Weaste? This time I'm going to want to do the 24-hour events but I don't see myself able to do it in less than 2-3 days and, like in previous games, I doubt we can save mid-race (it would be nice for these events though if one could save in the pits).

I'll try to find a thread.....

https://www.redcafe.net/f27/ps3-stress-test-211638/

I left mine running GT5 Prologue for 2 weeks! :lol:

She still runs fine today.

I would think from an engineering perspective the heat transfer would have been planned to reach a steady-state. By that I mean it should be able to run continuously without overheating. The worst it does is add cycles to the life of your system which may or may not have other implications. Then again I'm just making that guess based on how I'd approach the problem (and because that seems like the sensible way to design it). And of course if one of your fans is slightly faulty, I'm sure that would change the situation a little bit.

That's from GT Planet.

1. RDK got the ending movie after completing 4 A spec races (at level 17) The museum mode gives the error message “This feature is not available in this version” as does online mode

2. The civic gameplay vid uploaded shows NO damage for standard cars although the official website confirms both standard and premium cars have damage

3. The damage shown with a premium car is well below what was shown in the best buy demo and didn’t have any affect on the cars performance. According to the official website it should have.

4. Currently only 4 known sources of leaked GT5 videos

Sony has been pulling our todgers!

Review copies would by my only explanation.

It can't be a review copy. How can people seriously review a game based on what seems to be a massive demo? It's Prologue MKII. :D

I like conspiracy theories - what if Sony has done this on purpose with an old build to test just how strong their anti-piracy move has been before releasing the full thing? If what they have done with 3.50FW was crackable, people all over the show would be playing this, but they are not.

Made 2 Game » Gran Turismo 5 moved to November 26 for Europe?

Reports emerging this morning suggest Gran Turismo 5 is set to suffer another delay, although at the moment the UK and US don’t seem to be affected.

Don’t panic though, it’s only by two days.

The news comes as the Sony websites in Italy, Germany, Sweden and France all change the date from November 24 to November 26, although as we say, the UK and US sites still remain the same.

No doubt those highly anticipating Gran Turismo 5 will be slightly disappointed by this, however we are sure most people can stand waiting another two days.

If a delay appears for the UK or US we will update this story.

:lol:

What's the deal with the car damage? Getting this and the Force GT wheel to go with it, but looking at the videos cars just seem to hit another car up the arse and push it carrying on same speed with no visible damage. Can you actually wreck cars? It would be disappointing for me if some tool rams me up my arse and then just comes to the side and does one at normal speed with no damage to his car.

There is nothing in any of the videos that suggest that real damage is turned on at all. Look at the part of the user interface bottom left. That's the damage indicator, nothing happens to it at all. These people have been playing a massive graphical demo!

There is nothing in any of the videos that suggest that real damage is turned on at all. Look at the part of the user interface bottom left. That's the damage indicator, nothing happens to it at all. These people have been playing a massive graphical demo!

So there IS going to be damage in the game? You can't just smash into someone to shunt them away without consequences?

So there IS going to be damage in the game? You can't just smash into someone to shunt them away without consequences?

From what we have seen from past demos and what they have said, then no, there are consequences, visual and mechanical, and I'd expect it to be applied 100% in the online part of the game. You stuff it into a wall at 200mph, you are going nowhere.

It's a game however, it's supposed to be fun, so I do not expect these things to apply until later in the game in terms of the single player aspect, otherwise it will put the casual players right off. You can't have them going around a track for 10 minutes, and then making a mistake that ends their game on a single error.

I also don't want to see this Forza 3 crash physics and damage model just for the sake of it either - and for some reason people hold up Forza as doing this well. I don't think so.

From what we have seen from past demos and what they have said, then no, there are consequences, visual and mechanical, and I'd expect it to be applied 100% in the online part of the game. You stuff it into a wall at 200mph, you are going nowhere.

It's a game however, it's supposed to be fun, so I do not expect these things to apply until later in the game in terms of the single player aspect, otherwise it will put the casual players right off. You can't have them going around a track for 10 minutes, and then making a mistake that ends their game on a single error.

Tell you what, I wish it did sometimes. Makes people truly respect the vehicles and the people around them. Part of the reason I love iracing is that while rubbing is racing, it has severe consequences if you end up in the wall.

Ok, but that should start to apply as you get higher up the ladder.

This game has about 6 levels doesn't it? Can't remember them, but it goes from Beginner to Extreme. I'm quite sure that once you are on extreme, you'll have everything that you want.

I am definitely buying this game. I have never played any of the Gran Turismo games before, so I expect to be rubbish when we have Caf races.

I've told the future in-laws they can get me this for my birthday. That means I'm going to have to wait 17 days beyond release day :(

I've told the future in-laws they can get me this for my birthday. That means I'm going to have to wait 17 days beyond release day :(

Well, you're more patient than me. I was considering asking for this for Christmas, then I thought screw that!

For all you bargain buyers!

HotUKDeals - Gran Turismo 5 PS3 for £27.36 instore at HMV (using F1 2010 trade in from 24th Nov for 3 days)

From 24th Nov for 3 days, HMV are doing an instore trade in deal for GT5, where if you trade in F1 2010 for the PS3, GT5 costs £4.99

F1 2010 is currently £22.37 at Zavvi (£24.85 less 10% Walkers code).
HotUKDeals - F1 2010 on PS3 and Xbox 360 £22.37 at Zavvi using -10% walkers code!

So in effect, GT5 will cost £27.36 if you buy it this way.