Gaming Gran Turismo 5

Is it possible that this is a ploy to try and take some of the hype away from Call Of Duty? As you say Weaste, Sony doesnt appear to give a shit... could it be that this is all their doing anyway?

I see old chap you probably hit the nail on the metaphoric head right there. :D

If people bothered to look closely at the video's, they'd notice that the user is online. He'd be winning trophies and popping up on the Sony servers.

It doesn't, no, even if it gets poor reviews - as I said in the COD:Black Ops thread, there are certain games that reach a certain "class" and will always sell gangbusters - Halo, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Mario, FIFA, etc. in that they will sell in their millions even if it's a dud. Only when they release consecutive duds does series fall out of this "class", and examples of this are NFS and PES. Games that fall out of that "class" are very difficult to resurrect.

Sony really doesn't need to do much, because this game is going to be plastered all over the gaming, motoring, and even mainstream press when it is released. It's for sure that it will get at least a 30 minute spot on Top Gear, watched by 340m+ people worldwide.

I've never been big on racing games, but I've only bought 3 PS3 games all year and this really does look like the shit. May as well.

Yeah, that's a better guess. Can't wait for this. :drool:

IMG00092-20101109-1116-2.jpg

I this ever going to be released?

This was originally due to be a launch day release wasn't it?

It was due in September last I heard...

Official release date for the UK was Nov 5th Andy.

The problem for me isn't that it was delayed or that people are playing it, many games get their street date broken, it's that people are playing it and it doesn't even have a release date.

It must be said, there is something a little fishy about these clips appearing online (apparently from legitimate copies that have somehow got into circulation) and Sony's silence on the matter.

Whenever there have been previous, similar occurrences of highly anticipated games, films, CDs etc getting into the wrong hands before release, the powers that be soon release statements about how those responsible will be hunted down and dealt with accordingly, that it's unfair to genuine fans etc etc.

But nothing. Nada. Silence. It doesn't quite ring true.

And if the intention is that it increases anticipation, then it's working! I'm moist with excitement!

Someone has pointed out that in the videos, what was The Stig Challenge special event is now simply the Top Gear Challenge and inside it there is no mention of The Stig whatsoever. As Top Gear itself has also been delayed due to having no Stig at the moment, could this account for the three day delay - having to rework that special challenge section, thus causing Sony missing its pressing window, and then causing this massive mess?

Someone says that in GT4, only 27 tracks out of 54 were available without unlocking. I'm not too sure that it's totally accurate, but we'll see. Here we have the same number or there abouts? And where is that karting track that we have already seen?

Also, take this game as you took GT3.

12 days

12 DAYS!!!!

Elvis, Trial Mountain awaits us :cool: