Gaming Gran Turismo 5

How does say F1 2010 deal with the rain in online matches? Are you forced into FPS view, or can you mix and match, because in such cases with GT5, the person using the cockpit view would be seriously handicapped.

Someone says that in GT4, only 27 tracks out of 54 were available without unlocking. I'm not too sure that it's totally accurate, but we'll see. Here we have the same number or there abouts? And where is that karting track that we have already seen?

Also, take this game as you took GT3.

What bemuses me is that some of the courses in GT4 aren't in there.

Infineon, Motegi, Midfield, New York, Seoul and I mean no test course :eek:. There has been at least one test course in every Gt and Kazanori has been promoting over 100 tracks 'including variations'.

As freemason said, its getting me all giddy :D

This is what has me questioning.

Item 1.

comparison.jpg

As you can see, this is the full length Special Stage Route 7 with the smaller version next to it. If you look closely, the small track is right on the foot of this mammoth track.

I think this may be on of PD's biggest surprises. That track must be closely to nearly 40km's + long if either of those are close properly scaled.

What's all the fuss about? Sounds like the greatest game of all time is coming, why is this so special?

So what's the story with the 800 standard cars, am I right in thinking that you won't be able to drive these using the cockpit or dashboard view?

Without doubt, it's just the first GT5 image I have seen of the MP4-12C and I'm not dissapointed.

This thread actually gives me butterflies. Why is it being released on a Wednesday dammit. Wednesday is my Monday. I'll have to wait 4 days to really get a proper go on it by which time Weaste will have almost completed it after a 96 Hour Marathon.

I hope we don't get mad tests where you start last in a field of 16 and have to overtake every car in one lap even though you have to do this in a Suzuki Cappuccino. Probably wishful thinking on my part though. S-10 in Prologue did my head in, but then Suzuka does my head in.

So hang on, you can't drive in the cockpit view with a majority of the cars?

Not that this stops me wanting to play this game, or that it's in anny way realistic to expect that you can, but the complete child in me finds this disappointing.

I said previously in the thread that people should be prepared to take this game as they took GT3.

Car and track numbers for both were around:

GT1 : 170 10
GT2 : 650 28
GT3 : 180 35
GT4 : 730 54

The odd numbers are platform launches, new game engines, etc. the even ones chuck in a load of additional content.

I said previously in the thread that people should be prepared to take this game as they took GT3.

Car and track numbers for both were around:

GT1 : 170 10
GT2 : 650 28
GT3 : 180 35
GT4 : 730 54

The odd numbers are platform launches, new game engines, etc. the even ones chuck in a load of additional content.

GT3 was top notch, I liked it more than GT4 probably.

I'll be getting this next week unless they delay it once more, hopefully I could buy it on Monday since they're supposed to be available in all stores on Wednesday, which means that they will most likely be shipped early enough to arrive on Monday, in order to avoid an embarrassment of stores not having it on the release day. It happens with pretty much all the games, you could grab FIFA 11 three days before its official release.

Nine days at worst, I cannot wait, and I have to take a test on Wednesday, in the morning too so a part of me wishes that I don't have it until after that. :lol: Then again, my girlfriend will probably occupy the PS3 for the whole week, the car nerd she is.

I won't be getting a wheel for it yet, I prefer to pay full price for a proper wheel rather than buy some cheap excuse for a wheel. Then again I might be tempted to go for a cheap one if they have decent deal in stores, I don't mind losing the odd 50 pounds to be able to drive my cars on any kind of wheel. Logitech G27 will probably cost me around 200 pounds that I don't really have at the moment.

The difference with GT5 over GT3 is that it's not, at least for the cars, chucking out everything from the previous version. There are 211 confirmed premium cars I think, the rest are all from GT4 and GTPSP. GT3 chucked everything that GT2 had in the bin and went from 650 to 180. People that complain about the standard cars simply should not use them, you're going to get around 250 brand new premium models, which is more than GT3 had.

There's also enough variation in price and type of car that you won't need to run standards if you don't want. However, all of them have gone through GT's new physics engine so the only difference is quality. For me, the physics is worth more then no interior view.

circuitdelasarthe20098.jpg