Gaming Gran Turismo 5

Something seems to be in the wild.

ajvaf.jpg

The Abarth and the Essesse has moreso than the A1. My point wasn't that though as a lot of cars in GT5 will be shit. Just that it wouldn't be a loss.

Should I get the collector's edition?

Of course it won't be a loss but my girlfriend loves that car and she plays racing games at my place sometimes, so I thought I'd let her drive A1 as she's not going to own a real one in a while. :D

Of course it won't be a loss but my girlfriend loves that car and she plays racing games at my place sometimes, so I thought I'd let her drive A1 as she's not going to own a real one in a while. :D

Tell your girlfriend that she's got shit taste in cars and to suck it up and drive the 500. :smirk:

And looking at the nickname, the guy appears to be Polish too! Wonder if I can get a copy of that, I'll try.

They have to get a release date announcement out there soon, its common sense.

The trophy list is also out and one of them is "Fill your Garage with 1000 cars" :lol:

From the few light crashes I've seen in the video, it seems like they are still not really done well. It looks and sounds like crashing into heavy plastic cars. Not sure if iRacing exaggerates crashes/knocks in terms of physics, sound and gameplay, but I was looking forward to that in GT5.

I've nicked this from NeoGAF, but these are apparently the track options you get when you first start the game. It was taken from one of these dodgy videos.

Original

• High Speed Ring
• High Speed Ring - Rain
• Trial Mountain Circuit
• Deep Forest Raceway
• Grand Valley Speedway
• Eiger Nordwand Short Track
• Eiger Nordwand Short Track / Rain
• Cape Ring
• Autumn Ring
• Grand Valley East
• Cape Ring North
• Cape Ring South
• Cape Ring Inside
• Cape Ring Periphery
• Autumn Ring Mini
• High Speed Ring / Reverse
• Trial Mountain Circuit / Reverse
• Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse
• Grand Valley Speedway / Reverse
• Grand Valley East / Reverse
• Eiger Nordwand Short Track / Reverse
• Autumn Ring / Reverse
• Autumn Ring Mini / Reverse

World Tracks

• Superspeedway - Indy
• Superspeedway - Daytona
• Autodromo Nationale Monza
• Autodromo Nationale Monza / Rain
• Tsukuba Circuit
• Laguna Seca Raceway
• Circuit de la Sarthe 2009
• Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 / Change Time
• Nürburgring GP/F
• Fuji Speedway F
• Suzuka Circuit
• Suzuka Circuit / Rain
• Road Course - Indy
• Road Course - Daytona
• Autodromo Nationale Monza No Chicane
• Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 No Chicanes
• Circuit de la Sarthe 2005
• Circuit de la Sarthe 2005 No Chicanes
• Nürburgring GP/D
• Fuji Speedway GT
• Suzuka Circuit East Course

City

• Rome
• Special Stage Route 7 / Night
• Special Stage Route 7 / Rain / Night
• Circuito de Madrid
• Circuito de Madrid Mini
• Tokyo R246
• Special Stage Route 5 / Night
• Clubman Stage Route 5 / Night
• Côte d'Azur
• London
• London / Reverse
• Rome / Reverse
• Circuito de Madrid / Reverse
• Circuito de Madrid Mini / Reverse
• Tokyo R246 / Reverse
• Special Stage Route 5 / Reverse / Night
• Clubman Stage Route 5 / Reverse / Night

Snow and Dirt

• Toscana / Change Time
• Chamonix Main
• Chamonix Main / Snow
• Eiger Nordwand K Trail
• Chamonix East
• Chamonix East / Snow
• Chamonix West
• Chamonix West / Snow
• Chamonix Mini
• Chamonix Mini / Snow
• Eiger Nordwand G Trail
• Eiger Nordwand W Trail
• Toscana / Reverse / Change Time
• Eiger Nordwand K Trail / Reverse
• Eiger Nordwand G Trail / Reverse
• Eiger Nordwand W Trail / Reverse

What is left to be unlocked as you progress through GT mode is anyone's guess.

From the few light crashes I've seen in the video, it seems like they are still not really done well. It looks and sounds like crashing into heavy plastic cars. Not sure if iRacing exaggerates crashes/knocks in terms of physics, sound and gameplay, but I was looking forward to that in GT5.

Keep in mind though that those weren't necessarily high impact. I think (maybe I should say I hope) that if you really want to see some nasty deformities you're going to need to see some bigger crashes, maybe even some intentional ones.

I think that it's only the premium racing cars, be they Rally, Nascar, F1, Le Mans, that can start falling to bits. All cars can suffer mechanical damage (axles, gearboxes, engines, breaks, etc.), and visually paint scrapes (some with deformation) though as far as I understand it.

I think that it's only the premium racing cars, be they Rally, Nascar, F1, Le Mans, that can start falling to bits. All cars can suffer mechanical damage (axles, gearboxes, engines, breaks, etc.), and visually paint scrapes (some with deformation) though as far as I understand it.

Damn. I was looking forward to driving the Miata backwards around the track.

Might have to get me a copy a Black Ops, this is getting fecking tedious now, just release the god damn game already!

We're witnessing one of the greatest clusterfecks in gaming history here Spoons. These have obviously been nicked from a central DADC warehouse that Sony DADC uses in the Czech Republic for Europe-wide distribution while they are trying to build up enough stock. So we end up with no review site or magazine being able to say anything because they are under NDA until Sony says so, and YouTube being spammed with all sorts of videos of people playing the game without having the sense to actually say something about it. All the time Sony sits there and seemingly doesn't give a shit.

For your sake, I hope it turns out to be the greatest game in history. You never know, even I might get it....despite disliking car racing games.

Has this ever happened before - being unsure of a release date, when it is so close to being released.

Silly. Sony should just say when and then lots will just go and pre book.

Im going to get it, but like Spooney I am not a big fan of racing games unless they involve red turtle shells.

Forza 3 was very good but I never play it anymore

Is it possible that this is a ploy to try and take some of the hype away from Call Of Duty? As you say Weaste, Sony doesnt appear to give a shit... could it be that this is all their doing anyway?