Graham Potter | turns down Ajax job

For me It feels like they've never won a game under him but they must've shirley surely ?

Chelsea have surely got to cut their losses it's just not working. I hope they don't though, do not want a resurgent Chelsea.

His first mistake today was letting us go out in that kit. Really poor goal to concede the second.

At absolute most he's got until Christmas for us to be at top 4 or title challenge points per game.

Has them playing like a mid table team, with better players he needs to take more chances. Out of his depth, Maybe Ole will get the role.

Really need Potter to pick up some wins. Can’t afford to get him sacked.

I’m really liking this Boehly project though.

His first mistake today was letting us go out in that kit. Really poor goal to concede the second.

At absolute most he's got until Christmas for us to be at top 4 or title challenge points per game.
He’ll be lucky to make it to the end of the month, never mind the end of the year.

6 goals scored in 8 games since the world cup, that is an atrocious record.

Another hard fought point. Looks like he's headed in the right direction of the table.

They play with all the urgency of City replying to PL requests about their finances.

Grim...c'mon Potter! he needs to stop being Mr nice guy if he still wants to be in the job by the end of the season.

Although every manager sacked in the premier league get given millions in payoffs, so how stressful can it be!

He should change his last name from Potter to Painter with all these draws.

Ba dum tss

That is a problem with this amount of spending you expect immediate results. Normally teams go and get one maybe two January signings, with one of them just as a backup and one probable starter to improve the team, whereas they have signed so many players in the January window, all of them will take time to get used to the Premier League. Remember how much time it took Cas to get used to the rhythm and pace of the league.

That's why teams sign majority of the players in the summer, not only they can get those players from different leagues up to speed of PL, also get used to the tactics deployed by the manager and their team mates etc.

I would say from all of their signings, Felix and Enzo looks closer to the level required for the league, even from them, I would say another month they will look even better, whereas for Mudrk and Madueke currently does not look ready for the league. Badiashile also appears to be trying to adjust as well.

pottckeq5.jpg

that's the Potter table since he's been appointed ... he has them in fine mid-table form, scoring 15 goals in 16 games. 3 of those 5 wins came in his first 4 games. Also Liverpool :lol:

I do think he's a good manager, but at the wrong club at the wrong time.

pottckeq5.jpg

that's the Potter table since he's been appointed ... he has them in fine mid-table form, scoring 15 goals in 16 games. 3 of those 5 wins came in his first 4 games. Also Liverpool :lol:

I do think he's a good manager, but at the wrong club at the wrong time.
Classic case of his replacement doing better than him. Roman would've appointed De Zerbi, then tossed him out at the end of the season if he couldn't deliver. None of this 6 yr contract bollox.

What the feck - that's absolutely pathetic. Maybe he's got one eye on his bank balance since he could be out of a job sharpish...

Again, super harsh. This has been his character all the time. He’s always been this even keeled guy in front of the cameras. If you want him to flip out at these things, you’ll always be disappointed. He said nothing wrong there.

Very odd argument. Tuchel won the CL and got Chelsea to every single cup final we participated in save the second CL (where we were desperately unlucky against the eventual winners), has demonstrated his ability to manage superstars at PSG and was unlucky to not do a league / CL double there, and has demonstrated his ability to win silverware in a situation where the budgets & odds were completely stacked against him at Dortmund.

If Ten Hag goes on to achieve half of that it'd be impressive - and again, Tuchel is 4 years younger. How much more does he need to do to be considered one of the very best?

Tuchel is an elite tactician, but where he falls a bit short is the politics side of things - managing up so to speak.

I think he did an amazing job at Chelsea - CL, finals to every cup competitions narrowly losing on penalties 2 of them, and was the single point of reference during the very tough sanctions that Chelsea got hit with after the invasion of Ukraine. He got zero help from the club and was fielding non-footballing questions week in -- week out. Then he got fired by cowboy Todd because he didn't see eye to eye with the new owners (which I hardly blame him for).