German Football 2024/25

Whenever I think Schalke has hit rock bottom they break out the pickaxes and shovels and start digging. At least they are true to their miner heritage.

Aaand another one:

You know what's funny? They have such a high turnover among their staff that he wasn't even the guy, who originally hired Geraerts. I guess they just took it out on all the Belgians they could find .. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why didn’t we go in for Olise! Ripping it up in Germany.

Olise is basically Robben with a better right foot and without selfishness ... less explosive too, but so fecking good.

I did not know what to expect with Kompany, but I do like what I see.
I for one was optimistic from the beginning and really enjoy that it looks like I might actually be right for once in my life.

Instead of Klinsmann or Kovac 2.0 it's currently looking like Flick 2.0. Long may it continue.

Bayern's attack is sickeningly good, loads of quality depth as well.

No idea why English clubs weren't all over him. He's pure class.
Those that didn't already have a star in his role were all over him for a couple years. He rejected them

That bayer second goal shouldn’t stand… Wirtz clearly pulls the shirt of the defender and pushes him giving Tah a free header situation…

Bayer toying cruelly with Wolfsburg, they let them lead again to crush them later

Well, that was pretty bad. Mukiele and Adli with nightmarish performances. Hradecky not blameless in two goals as well

Bayer and Wolfsburg are racing for the crappiest defense trophy in this game.

Next week Bayern is gonna spank Leverkusen severely.

And another ET winner from Leverkusen :lol: Deserved though.

Next week they score again in 95 or 99 minute but will be just their consolation goal. Their luck is unbelievable.

Next week they score again in 95 or 99 minute but will be just their consolation goal. Their luck is unbelievable.
It’s not luck. They just happen to understand that games are to be played until they are over.

Millot is a beast. Often overlooked ober Wirtz, Musiala and Xavi but he's incredible as well.

Yes. It is especially funny as Dortmund bought their goalscorer and their captain after last season...

Yes. It is especially funny as Dortmund bought their goalscorer and their captain after last season...
Hoeneß is doing a great job at Stuttgart. I was fearing that they‘d have a tough year after losing important players, but no.

BVB snatched the gig of ransacking the whole league for players (and being shite at it) a few years ago, now Bayer goes after our "last minute decider goal" scheme. There is no respect any more in this world.

Recent events may be misleading. Bayern and Vinnie had a comparatively easy ride so far -which may be just the medicine they needed, as the quality is there, but that was true the last two seasons as well- and both VfB and Bayer may need more time to adjust their current situation. I advise against premature cockiness.

Are Dortmund shit this year or just having a bad game?
They are shite since years.

They are basically trying to mimic the golden era of Klopp badly.
They were a beast in the making, when Tuchel was their coach.

Since then, they lacked the quality in every field.
They can't have a decent team for at least one season.
One of their positions always suck balls!

They lack a good goalkeeper? They buy a good goalkeeper and end up with losing a good leftback.
They guy a good striker and end up without good wingers.
They buy international talents and mess with their home grown talents (Mokouko, Brunner).

All in all, the good CL season of the last year makes it look like, they were good. But they were shite!
They are battleing Leipzig for the 4th/5th best team in Germany right now.
Bayern and Bayer are ahead, while Stuttgart is promising, as long as Hoeneß stays there.

Dortmund got some portion of their own medicine, always complaining about the big clubs, buying their best players for money, while these players didn't perform well at their new clubs, because it was their good coach (Klopp, Tuchel) who was the reason, why they performed soooo good.
It's the same with Hoeneß in Suttgart right now. Stuttgart got almost relegated, back in 2022/2023. 1 1/2 year later and they are one of the best and most entertaining clubs to watch, in german football! Although, they lost their captain twice (!) (Endo to Pool, Anton to Dortmund) and also almost half of their starter squad, every summer!

Just when he's finally No. 1 and out of Neuer's shadow, ter Stegen ruptures his patellar tendon and is out for months. You can't not feel for the guy, absoluely rotten luck. Of course that kind of injury is catastrophic even without the added context of the NT situation, it just adds cruel irony on top.

The only upside is that the next big tournament is still far away.
Who will take his spot in the NT for the time being? I guess it will be between Baumann and Nübel.