German Football 2024/25

Upamecano guarantee a heart attack every game

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say Kane is going to have a poor season. He looks absolutely gassed and slow, is not as if he's going to get an extended break from now until the winter break.

It pains me to say this but Leverkusen are just incredibly good. That second goal was a thing of beauty from Start to finish.

It pains me to say this but Leverkusen are just incredibly good. That second goal was a thing of beauty from Start to finish.

Lukeba should've cleared the pass from Grimaldo though. As good as Leverkusen have looked in buildup, both their goals have come from errors from Leipzig. Also, Sesko missed a sitter right before Leverkusen scored as well, defensively Leverkusen have been opened up.

One thing though, it's depressing as a Germany fan to see clubs move more and more away from signing young Germans. Leverkusen used to games 4 German players in their regular XI and two have already been replaced (Andrich and Hoffmann, Andrich you could was only there because of Palacios' injury). Some of the big clubs haven't looked to spend money on German players to improve their team, Bayern have actively tried to remove some of their German players to replace them with ones from outside. There seem to be more French youngsters than German ones in some of the teams. The only one who has really continued to try and invest in German players in Dortmund and ironically they've fallen more and more away from the top in that time.

Not blaming the teams, it's just a reflection of the sad reality that the German talent pool is really shallow right now. Has been for the last half decade.

Leipziiiig
Tahs head clearly in Munich.

All the banter aside, as good as they look in control and going forward, Leverkusens defense is way worse than last season.
5 goals conceeded in the first 2 games.

But watch them equalize in the 93rd and win in the 96th minute...

No way they are getting a penalty for that, just gift Leverkusen the Next title what a joke

Record game for Thomas Müller today, he has now surpassed Sepp Maier in appearances for Bayern. 710 games for Bayern, incredible for an outfield player. And he also got a goal to top things off.

Record game for Thomas Müller today, he has now surpassed Sepp Maier in appearances for Bayern. 710 games for Bayern, incredible for an outfield player. And he also got a goal to top things off.
Obviously way more games than in Maier’s era but undoubtedly one of the greatest club legends.

Schalke games have been such a good watch these past couple of seasons.

Meanwhile, Dortmund are leading 2-0 against Heidenheim but that might not mean too much. I feel the goalie should have saved the Adeyemi goal.
Was a fun match, Dortmund definitely attack better than under Terzic but look really shaky at times at the back.

Kane currently has 2 touches = 1 goal(xg of 0.05), 1 assist(xA 0.06) and 1 pass. wtf :lol:

I think it's time these minnows have to play a promotion playoff to prove they actually have what it takes to play in the first tier.

Well, second half was pretty sloppy from us. Kiel could have gotten 3 with a bit of luck. Bayern's flow and drive has not kept up with all the subs, especially Musiala's absence was very apparent.

Well, second half was pretty sloppy from us. Kiel could have gotten 3 with a bit of luck. Bayern's flow and drive has not kept up with all the subs, especially Musiala's absence was very apparent.
I forgive them doing that being up 5:0 with CL coming up.