• UK resident but not voting

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Spoiled my ballot

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: He really hates being questioned and being shown up for the Cnut he is.

Kuenssberg AGAIN. :nervous:

She's at the point now where she's making the phone hacking journalists look like moral people. The absolute state of her career.

Isn't there currently an escalating trend in many Western countries of the youth leaning much more right than they used to? Young men in particular. The far-right are winning the meme wars, basically.

Youth = liberal or left is true in the Anglosphere.
In the UK, young people have mostly stayed with Labour under Starmer at a similar level to 2019, while some have moved to the Greens - the youth Tory vote has collapsed. The Labour-Tory vote for 18-24s in 2019 was 56-20, it is now 49-5, with 12 each to Reform and Greens.

In the US, Biden's losses are concentrated among younger voters, but this is coming from a very high baseline since young voters voted strongly against Republicans in 2018-22.

The youth vote is also heavily left in France, at least when the left is united:

I think the situation might be different in Germany and some other European countries. India had a strongly right-leaning youth vote from 2014 onwards, though that might have shifted significantly in some states this time.

:lol: He really hates being questioned and being shown up for the Cnut he is.

Good to see Farage has got his priorities right.
The biggest issue Reform is going to tackle on day 1 of government is..... the TV licence fee.

@Dobba was correct.

Just to add soem context of what they are proposing.

Blairs PFI initiative meant that £13 billion of NHS spending will eventually cost us £80 Billion.

That is, 67 billion pounds of state funding handed to private business. For no other reason that these people are too scared of the media to make the argument for state investment and explain the multiplier effect.

And blair was quite shrewd, if if I disagree with his approach, he was and remains a very competent oporator.

STarmer and his team are anything but. If blair got us fleeced, this lot will be much, much worse.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...usts-to-pay-out-further-55bn-under-pfi-scheme

Blairs PFI initiative meant that £13 billion of NHS spending will eventually cost us £80 Billion.

That is, 67 billion pounds of state funding handed to private business. For no other reason that these people are too scared of the media to make the argument for state investment and explain the multiplier effect.

And blair was quite shrewd, if if I disagree with his approach, he was and remains a very competent oporator.

STarmer and his team are anything but. If blair got us fleeced, this lot will be much, much worse.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...usts-to-pay-out-further-55bn-under-pfi-scheme
I think the major difference between this and the NHS, was that the NHS was always going to remain a public entity, so it was more like a long term loan. This seems more like they are trying to persuade private companies to build a green infostructure in the UK. This may be new companies where the government are minority share holders, or totally independent private entities that get a cash injection for building their plants here.

Cheers. Its going to be so bad

It's like a needle I guess, Tories have drifted further right bordering the far right and Labour have now taken their previous right wing position. Not sure if Starmer is racist himself but I'm pretty sure whoever came up with the campaign strategy is.

He's very lazy. Think he averaged 7 appearances a year as an MEP to stand up for an hour, talk nonsense, get laughed at and then run away again. He won't spend much time in Clacton either if he gets elected. He was responsible as an MEP to be on the EU fishing committee and turned up for 1 meeting out of 43.

Depends what he's instructed to do by his Uncle Vlad.

Yes, of course, no one expects Farage to be a politician in the conventional sense, it is a new platform for him to conquer after his warm up act in the EU parliament. Just like his mate over in the US, Farage wants to be noticed and he presses all the right buttons for those who are generally pi**ed off at everything.... the danger is there are now even more of these people about than there was when he was peddling Brexit, and the stakes are even higher now.
Almost every demographic group, has got some big issue, younger people in particular are worried about climate change and don't really see any of the major parties really 'making the effort' many of them believe is necessary; businesses grappling with post Brexit situation are in desperate situations they don't see any end to and if anything does come it's way over the horizon; many groups (not just Muslims) are concerned and worried for the future about what is happening in Gaza, the fact that no one seems able to persuade either of the parties to pull back from the brink, add in Ukraine and Putin, and China's interests, etc its becoming clear that some paradigm shift is happening and 'strongmen leaders' are heading up this shift and Farage is looking to get in on the act, eventually.

Listen carefully, not just to what he is saying but also inferring, and the time scales he is using, ...." not now Labour will win the election... and then they will fail"*... he is laying out his ground, pointing to the next massive collapse in our liberal-minded and controlled political system.
(* isn't Labour's failure one of the things predicted in your own mantra Paul?)

You really overestimate how many people actually watch the news. There's a tiny amount of young people voting for Farage, and once Starmer lowers the voting age to 16 there will never be a Conservative government unless a cataclysmic event happens.

The problem is that a few years ago no young people would have been voting for Farage. He's is cutting into many sections of the public, even those who don't, watch the news, who get the even slimmer versions down the pub, or on social media. He will be aided and abetted in parliament by such as George Galloway, who will talk back to Farage in his own language/idiom, lets hope the speaker is up to scratch in the next parliament.

Their polling is just about some gullible people thinking Farage is the answer to their prayers. Hopefully they will implode when they only get a couple of seats.

I think you may be on a 'wing and a prayer' there my friend.

Farage, is a dangerous man but he is only the catalyst, the pessimism in this country is now palpable as the Election date approaches. Starmer needs to ensure his massive majority and he can then swat away such as Farage and his ilk, because if he is brought down through lack of a majority or lack of unity with Labour, it opens up a very uncertain future for the UK and one such as Farage will revel in.

Yes, of course, no one expects Farage to be a politician in the conventional sense, it is a new platform for him to conquer after his warm up act in the EU parliament. Just like his mate over in the US, Farage wants to be noticed and he presses all the right buttons for those who are generally pi**ed off at everything.... the danger is there are now even more of these people about than there was when he was peddling Brexit, and the stakes are even higher now.
Almost every demographic group, has got some big issue, younger people in particular are worried about climate change and don't really see any of the major parties really 'making the effort' many of them believe is necessary; businesses grappling with post Brexit situation are in desperate situations they don't see any end to and if anything does come it's way over the horizon; many groups (not just Muslims) are concerned and worried for the future about what is happening in Gaza, the fact that no one seems able to persuade either of the parties to pull back from the brink, add in Ukraine and Putin, and China's interests, etc its becoming clear that some paradigm shift is happening and 'strongmen leaders' are heading up this shift and Farage is looking to get in on the act, eventually.

Listen carefully, not just to what he is saying but also inferring, and the time scales he is using, ...." not now Labour will win the election... and then they will fail"*... he is laying out his ground, pointing to the next massive collapse in our liberal-minded and controlled political system.
(* isn't Labour's failure one of the things predicted in your own mantra Paul?)

Yes everyone has got some issue but to vote for a no-hoper who is going to give you absolutely nothing except nonsense, why vote for them. Desperation maybe but someone could go around promising to pay everyone a million pounds if you voted for them, you're not going to believe them.
Farage claimed he beat the EU - he lost big-time for the whole UK and the EU parliament were glad to be rid of him. And the UK are still paying his salary and pension, bet his supporters don't know that.

Re Starmer, If I thought he was actually doing something good for the UK, all well and good , but I see nothing that makes much sense - the EU stance is totally ridiculous, the immigration idea of Border Command makes no sense. The GB energy makes little sense, banking on investment which the government is anyway. All these people (well over a million) that are going to be trained to do jobs that they may not want to do appearing from nowhere makes no sense. And he's going to do things only if there is growth without having a tangible explanation of how growth is going to occur. The only way to improve is to invest which he won't do without growth so it's a vicious circle. As I've said all along he's seems so naïve, as does Sunak, but in a different way.

Is there a website that anyone can suggest that gives polling data (if it exists) for the constituencies across the country?

I MIGHT vote on Thursday, but want to know who is most likely to reduce Labours chances of the win.

Imagine trying to come across elite, but going to Warwick. Given the privileged existence and education these people are gifted, what an embarrassing place to end up.
Eh? It's an excellent university, top quintile globally.

Kit is the perfect representation of Labour. Known for pretending to be other people and regularly gets fecked by a ginger Scot.

The cnuts have actually lined this up for the Euros intentionally, haven't they?

England flags everywhere, they'll just have heroically vanquished Slovakia or somebody in the round of 16, hoping to ride the wave of blind, dumb nationalism. :lol:

There it is.

CON +10

Imagine trying to come across elite, but going to Warwick. Given the privileged existence and education these people are gifted, what an embarrassing place to end up.
Ouch, that's my Alma matter :lol:

I take your point though, it has a reputation for being a fallback for those deemed not smart enough or didn't bribe their way enough to an Oxbridge university.

Ouch, that's my Alma matter :lol:

I take your point though, it has a reputation for being a fallback for those deemed not smart enough or didn't bribe their way enough to an Oxbridge university.
That was my point. Warwick is obviously an outstanding uni in and of itself.

:lol:

Getting Ant and Dec to promote the death penalty for shop lifting.
:lol:BBC programming under Labour. Flogging Trash with David Dickinson: The popular antiques peddler presents live coverage of Gaza protestors being stoned to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.