• UK resident but not voting

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Spoiled my ballot

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, I'm glad for you that your kids are getting a good state education. Thousands of kids do not and with this policy thousands more will not.
There are other ways to offset this through tutoring and involvement in other extra curricular activities. If someone can afford a private school but can no longer do so due to VAT, there are many other ways to invest in their children, that will likely cost less.

Reform is truly the brain dead party with Farage laughing is way to the bank.

Well done Fiona. Easily the best interviewer so far and she would not let him get away with his usual bullshit answers.
I get that some people will vote for a Referendum candidate out of sheer frustration.
But in reality you may as well just spoil your ballot paper as expect them to actually do anything.

He was asked how he will fund the increase in the income tax threshold but he gave a vague and abstract answer. In other words, he had no idea.

Well done Fiona. Easily the best interviewer so far and she would not let him get away with his usual bullshit answers.
I get that some people will vote for a Referendum candidate out of sheer frustration.
But in reality you may as well just spoil your ballot paper as expect them to actually do anything.

He was asked how he will fund the increase in the income tax threshold but he gave a vague and abstract answer. In other words, he had no idea.

One of the lesser thoughts of problems when somebody runs on essentially one issue.

Farage reminds me of one of those men walking up and down Oxford Street in London with a sandwich board professing all kinds of doom.
Nobody took much notice -- now he gets prime TV coverage spouting lies and nonsense. He's the problem.

15–27 Jun 2024Survation (MRP)N/A23,364GBTory 85Labour 470[h]12563240Lab 290

Survation is my preferred pollster. Anyway the extrapolation of a consistent >20 point lead over many months which had held even after the election was called (usually it would move in more) leaves things looking like fewer than 100 seats for the Tories.

15–27 Jun 2024Survation (MRP)N/A23,364GBTory 85Labour 470[h]12563240Lab 290

Survation is my preferred pollster. Anyway the extrapolation of a consistent >20 point lead over many months which had held even after the election was called (usually it would move in more) leaves things looking like fewer than 100 seats for the Tories.

Labour voters around Aberdeenshire North need to be urged to vote for the SNP. C'mon people, let's kick the Tories out of the whole of Scotland.

Farage reminds me of one of those men walking up and down Oxford Street in London with a sandwich board professing all kinds of doom.
Nobody took much notice -- now he gets prime TV coverage spouting lies and nonsense. He's the problem.

Fort of all I'm myself an immigrant to the country. Having arrived here at the age of 6 in the 70s. Dad had come in the 60s on a work sponsor/visa

I've always wondered why Farage is shown so much importance when in essence he is a fringe party representative.

I've always wondered if people who vote for him out of "frustration" have thought how people like me are made to feel when he does get votes and/or recognition.

Fort of all I'm myself an immigrant to the country. Having arrived here at the age of 6 in the 70s. Dad had come in the 60s on a work sponsor/visa

I've always wondered why Farage is shown so much importance when in essence he is a fringe party representative.

I've always wondered if people who vote for him out of "frustration" have thought how people like me are made to feel when he does get votes and/or recognition.

He's a disgusting individual. His whole purpose is to create chaos and division. People don't vote for him out of "frustration" neither did they vote for "Brexit" to "show it to the establishment" - there are other ways - voting for a clearly racist party with not one sensible or workable policy is stupidity.

EmWSrkXXIAE7akU

As good as she is there holding him to account, she missed the best open goal when Farage celebrated Labour deporting 40,000.

All she had to do was ask why they were able to do that, then as Farage flounders confirm it was because we were in the EU and used the Dublin Agreement.

Pretty close to it @Paul the Wolf .

The Reform party is nothing but a vehicle for the anti-politician, Nigel Farage. However, because it's dressed up as a political party it's entitled to 'air time' etc.

Our 'chattering/political' classes have not yet learnt what he is about or his methods and continue to feed the beast exactly what he wants, prime time viewing on TV, headlines in the press and why, because his language is the language that appeals to millions, some of who do vote, but without consideration, and those who don't vote until they hear something (dog whistle, whatever) that catches their attention and they.... might decide this time it's worth voting.

Journalists, TV personalities, prime time shows are lining up to give Farage a platform, because (beside 'click bait' they all believe they can show him up.... and they do indeed, to those who would never in a million years vote for him or his ilk, but who do want to see him get his comeuppance in public.
They can then bask in the limelight of all the chattering classes.... "those whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad."

Well meaning no doubt, but they are stoking the fires; how longer will it be before we get our own version of the MAGA/MBGA battalions.... especially if a majority Labour government begins to fail??? (as you have often predicted)

Giving Farage any kind of platform is madness, he openly tells you what his goal is, and we only have to observe what is happening 'over the pond' to see what we could be experiencing in a few years time.

The Reform party is nothing but a vehicle for the anti-politician, Nigel Farage. However, because it's dressed up as a political party it's entitled to 'air time' etc.

Our 'chattering/political' classes have not yet learnt what he is about or his methods and continue to feed the beast exactly what he wants, prime time viewing on TV, headlines in the press and why, because his language is the language that appeals to millions, some of who do vote, but without consideration, and those who don't vote until they hear something (dog whistle, whatever) that catches their attention and they.... might decide this time it's worth voting.

Journalists, TV personalities, prime time shows are lining up to give Farage a platform, because (beside 'click bait' they all believe they can show him up.... and they do indeed, to those who would never in a million years vote for him or his ilk, but who do want to see him get his comeuppance in public.
They can then bask in the limelight of all the chattering classes.... "those whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad."

Well meaning no doubt, but they are stoking the fires; how longer will it be before we get our own version of the MAGA/MBGA battalions.... especially if a majority Labour government begins to fail??? (as you have often predicted)

Giving Farage any kind of platform is madness, he openly tells you what his goal is, and we only have to observe what is happening 'over the pond' to see what we could be experiencing in a few years time.

Very few journalists put him up against much scrutiny. All his views could be completely destroyed fairly easily under much tougher questioning. He's on TV purely to increase viewer ratings. I'd love to have had a couple of hours with him.

My problem with Labour is the leader. This is a massive opportunity to change the way the UK has been heading and it is going to be wasted. My hope now is that Labour change leaders as soon as possible after the election and get a new strong leader who is more intelligent and understands the problems and can see the solutions. The manifesto is on the whole senseless and incoherent which will solve little.

Very few journalists put him up against much scrutiny. All his views could be completely destroyed fairly easily under much tougher questioning. He's on TV purely to increase viewer ratings. I'd love to have had a couple of hours with him.

My problem with Labour is the leader. This is a massive opportunity to change the way the UK has been heading and it is going to be wasted. My hope now is that Labour change leaders as soon as possible after the election and get a new strong leader who is more intelligent and understands the problems and can see the solutions. The manifesto is on the whole senseless and incoherent which will solve little.
So, in short, we are screwed.

The two party system is rooted so hard in the fabric of politics that Farage will never be nothing more than a fringe politician unless he leads one of the two main parties.

He doesn't allow hard questioning. He talks over journalists/interviewers and spouts his shite as non-answers. It's very hard to interview pols who don't play by the rules, as Trump perfected and demonstrated.

He doesn't allow hard questioning. He talks over journalists/interviewers and spouts his shite as non-answers. It's very hard to interview pols who don't play by the rules, as Trump perfected and demonstrated.

Of course and then the interviewer gives up. "We've run out of time". So annoying, make time. He also gets riled up quite easily and loses his composure and starts spouting even more nonsense. Persistence will get there in the end though if the interviewer is not intimidated. Lock all the doors so he can't run away.

The two party system is rooted so hard in the fabric of politics that Farage will never be nothing more than a fringe politician unless he leads one of the two main parties.

He will if the political classes don't get a grip. On his own, even as a single representative of Reform, he will cause havoc in the commons, it's the ideal platform for him, he is a 'rebel-rouser' and will be speaking not to his colleagues in the house, but to the wider public, (potentially) every night on prime time TV news. Farage will be out to ferment anxiety/incite public opinions, in his favourite subjects.

Get Farage and George Galloway and the SNP leader (HoC) snapping at Starmer heels, and anything might happen, its one of the reasons Labour doesn't just need just a majority, but a massive super-sized one, so that the 'side shows' with Farage , Galloway and Co. becomes just that, and they become the 'warm up' acts at every sitting of the house.

Once his 'fox is shot' in parliament he will once again disappear into the mists of time.

These fecking lot are polling nearly 20% of the voting public. Something is wrong with us and how we consume information.

He will if the political classes don't get a grip. On his own, even as a single representative of Reform, he will cause havoc in the commons, it's the ideal platform for him, he is a 'rebel-rouser' and will be speaking not to his colleagues in the house, but to the wider public, (potentially) every night on prime time TV news. Farage will be out to ferment anxiety/incite public opinions, in his favourite subjects.

Get Farage and George Galloway and the SNP leader (HoC) snapping at Starmer heels, and anything might happen, its one of the reasons Labour doesn't just need just a majority, but a massive super-sized one, so that the 'side shows' with Farage , Galloway and Co. becomes just that, and they become the 'warm up' acts at every sitting of the house.

Once his 'fox is shot' in parliament he will once again disappear into the mists of time.

He's very lazy. Think he averaged 7 appearances a year as an MEP to stand up for an hour, talk nonsense, get laughed at and then run away again. He won't spend much time in Clacton either if he gets elected. He was responsible as an MEP to be on the EU fishing committee and turned up for 1 meeting out of 43.

Depends what he's instructed to do by his Uncle Vlad.

Of course and then the interviewer gives up. "We've run out of time". So annoying, make time. He also gets riled up quite easily and loses his composure and starts spouting even more nonsense. Persistence will get there in the end though if the interviewer is not intimidated. Lock all the doors so he can't run away.
Where's Jeremy Paxman when you need him?

You really overestimate how many people actually watch the news. There's a tiny amount of young people voting for Farage, and once Starmer lowers the voting age to 16 there will never be a Conservative government unless a cataclysmic event happens.

People probably said that in 1914 as well. Yet in 1918 the liberals were wiped out and their leader HH Asquith lost his seat. Never been a liberal government since.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Tories got 15% or even less this election and Sunak gets crushed in his seat.

No reason for anyone on left or right to vote for them... Sometimes big generational changes happen.

You really overestimate how many people actually watch the news. There's a tiny amount of young people voting for Farage, and once Starmer lowers the voting age to 16 there will never be a Conservative government unless a cataclysmic event happens.

Isn't there currently an escalating trend in many Western countries of the youth leaning much more right than they used to? Young men in particular. The far-right are winning the meme wars, basically.

People probably said that in 1914 as well. Yet in 1918 the liberals were wiped out and their leader HH Asquith lost his seat. Never been a liberal government since.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Tories got 15% or even less this election and Sunak gets crushed in his seat.

No reason for anyone on left or right to vote for them... Sometimes big generational changes happen.

As I said above, unless there was a cataclysmic event, like the end of WW1 in 1918 for example where the election was called straight after the Armistice with Germany.

Isn't there currently an escalating trend in many Western countries of the youth leaning much more right than they used to? Young men in particular. The far-right are winning the meme wars, basically.

Yes but the hope is that things will improve so the botski bollocks will no longer be sustainable. So far only in Italy where there has always been a strong xenophobia in the population there has been any sort of breakthrough from the right. France Belgium and the Netherlands might go the same way despite decade strong multiculturalism people are suffering and looking for someone to blame. The far right play dirty and even when they are challenged and shown to be spouting bullshit, they brush it off because they have no integrity. Farage can say what he wants because he's not in parliament, IF and when he gets there he has to watch his mouth.

Yes but the hope is that things will improve so the botski bollocks will no longer be sustainable. So far only in Italy where there has always been a strong xenophobia in the population there has been any sort of breakthrough from the right. France Belgium and the Netherlands might go the same way despite decade strong multiculturalism people are suffering and looking for someone to blame. The far right play dirty and even when they are challenged and shown to be spouting bullshit, they brush it off because they have no integrity. Farage can say what he wants because he's not in parliament, IF and when he gets there he has to watch his mouth.

I worry that with the global power tensions and the increasingly bad effects of climate change, that it's just going to get worse. Put that on top of aging populations, strain on welfare systems, etc. I fear it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

As I said above, unless there was a cataclysmic event, like the end of WW1 in 1918 for example where the election was called straight after the Armistice with Germany.

Plus they trebled the franchise through lowering the voting age and giving women the vote. I always do wonder whether if the Tories would have been so approving if they and not the Liberals had been decimated.

Fascism has always had it's adherents, especially when the economic system is failing millions.

Their polling is just about some gullible people thinking Farage is the answer to their prayers. Hopefully they will implode when they only get a couple of seats.

Throwing his toys out because Fiona Bruce kept trying to get him to answer the question.
His loss anyway.
Yeah, it's amazing how thin-skinned these right wing 'strong' men tend to be. No wonder they all admire Putin style 'democracy'.

Yep - apparently there's a lot of kids having their dumb heads turned by 30 second pro-Reform 'content' on tiktok at the moment.

There is yeah (I've been predicting it for years), and sadly it's pretty much inevitable.

Yep - apparently there's a lot of kids having their dumb heads turned by 30 second pro-Reform 'content' on tiktok at the moment.
Some evidence below:

Status
Not open for further replies.