• UK resident but not voting

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Spoiled my ballot

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that’s a disingenuous take on it. The only point that is being made is that Starmer has lost 12 points in his own constituency.

Starmer holds a 40 point lead over his closest rival in his constituency, that's a ridiculously good position to be in.

The only disingenuine element here is Stats for Lefties suggesting that's a bad thing.

Starmer holds a 40 point lead over his closest rival in his constituency, that's a ridiculously good position to be in.

The only disingenuine element here is Stats for Lefties suggesting that's a bad thing.

Labour hold 40 points more, Starmer lost 12. He is the only Party leader in recent history to lose point in first elections as a leader. How is this difficult to comprehend?

But what's the point? Is it just a statement of the polls or is there an inference we should be drawing?

But what's the point? Is it just a statement of the polls or is there an inference we should be drawing?

That Labour/Starmer are not popular and only benefitting from Tory collapse. It’s fine for the election and will win them a majority but will leave a lot of work when in power and held to account for their own actions not just as the de facto alternative.

It’s the only really direct way of comparing Starmer’s popularity with previous elections.

Long time friend who is a journalist. I can pm one of the messages which has exact wording.
OK, cool, thanks. We get so much ITK stuff in the transfer forums, it's good to hear the provenance of a story.

That Labour/Starmer are not popular and only benefitting from Tory collapse. It’s fine for the election and will win them a majority but will leave a lot of work when in power and held to account for their own actions not just as the de facto alternative.

It’s the only really direct way of comparing Starmer’s popularity with previous elections.

That's one interpretation.

You've got the emergence of a new party polling well too, which not many other leaders would've had to cope with. His majority is likely larger than most other leaders' as well, given its crazy size, so potentially harder to grow.
That said, we know plenty are turned off by his U-turns and how disappointing his approach has been in general. Dunno what the ethnic breakdown of his constituency is- it's mostly affluent, but a couple of rougher bits.

You've got the emergence of a new party polling well too, which not many other leaders would've had to cope with. His majority is likely larger than most other leaders' as well, given its crazy size, so potentially harder to grow.
That said, we know plenty are turned off by his U-turns and how disappointing his approach has been in general. Dunno what the ethnic breakdown of his constituency is- it's mostly affluent, but a couple of rougher bits.

You have the history of election results for the constituency here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holborn_and_St_Pancras_(UK_Parliament_constituency) Sometimes it goes up, sometimes it goes down but it's a safe Labour seat.

What's perhaps more striking is that when you consider all the things he is accused of on here, there is only a 12 point swing away from him. With many more seats coming to Labour.

The question I would like Sunak to answer on this betting scandal is whether any of the people who advised him to go in July are also being investigated?

I mean, is it beyond reasonable to wonder did they get him to pick this date because the odds where better than if he chose a date in the Autumn.

@Maticmaker might have an issue with this one as it could lead to an increase in the amount of genitalia drawn on ballot papers.

Yes, ....turning up pissed and then drawing knob-heads on the ballot.... what a contribution to democracy, but, don't forget it's still a 'serious statement' because "they don't have anyone to vote for on the ballot".... is it any wonder? :confused:

Keir Hardie must be spinning in his grave.

Labour hold 40 points more, Starmer lost 12. He is the only Party leader in recent history to lose point in first elections as a leader. How is this difficult to comprehend?

What's the point exactly? And what is the significance?

Yes, ....turning up pissed and then drawing knob-heads on the ballot.... what a contribution to democracy, but, don't forget it's still a 'serious statement' because "they don't have anyone to vote for on the ballot".... is it any wonder? :confused:

Keir Hardie must be spinning in his grave.

Thankfully, it's an extremely tiny minority that turn up pissed to vote. But the drawing of knobs on a ballot paper can be done sober.

I think Keir Hardie has been spinning in his grave for the past few decades anyway. His RPM is probably at a record high given how his namesake is currently running the show.

OK, cool, thanks. We get so much ITK stuff in the transfer forums, it's good to hear the provenance of a story.

plus, being scottish, he’s already untrustworthy.

Im surprised by this - I’d have thought the Mail would view this election as already lost for the Tories, and just support the hardest Brexity party.
They're being careful not to rock the boat too much, and quietly waiting for Labour to do something really daft before having a go at them or supporting their rivals. But that might be a long wait, and as long as Labour seem content with maintaining the status quo they'll be happy as well.

But Starmer is just a block of cheddar cheese, anyway. There's no bacon sandwich scandal or similar that they can use to show how much of a useless tool he is. Starmer doesn't eat food, anyway, I'm sure his handlers just replace his fuel cells every couple of weeks and update his firmware to fix any "my dad was a tool maker" speech bugs.

Thankfully, it's an extremely tiny minority that turn up pissed to vote. But the drawing of knobs on a ballot paper can be done sober.

I think Keir Hardie has been spinning in his grave for the past few decades anyway. His RPM is probably at a record high given how his namesake is currently running the show.

It's the two in tandem that I believe would set old Hardie spinning.

:rolleyes:
Turning up pissed maybe just a mistake, they could have thought they were entering a public convenience, but making a drawing of a body part on the ballot defies explanation.... unless you include the sobriety issue as well!

Seems to be a huge rise in individuals standing as independents.

A lot of folks from Asian backgrounds with Gaza as the main point.

Even have a guy who is campaigning to get Imran Khan released :lol:

Not his only point tbf but still

I know the lads family. Not been in the country long and doesnt speak English well, seems to be getting support from all sections of the community.

Hi all

The betting scandal has hundreds more names; of MPs, Tory candidates, and their families.

Not yet public knowledge.
I feel if hundreds of people started piling money on an obscure novelty bet like "General Election date" then bookies would have immediately suspended betting on it. I think they would've done it if it was even only a dozen people.

I feel if hundreds of people started piling money on an obscure novelty bet like "General Election date" then bookies would have immediately suspended betting on it. I think they would've done it if it was even only a dozen people.
Correct. It's quite depressing that Tory MPs were stupid enough to bet in their own name as well, the people supposedly clever enough to run the country. Depressing rather than surprising though.

Parties on my postal ballot ...

Labour
Conservatives
Green
Lib Dem
Reform
Heritage Party
Communist Party of Britain

Tricky one.

well you can either vote for the destruction of the country, or you can vote conservative.

Parties on my postal ballot ...

Labour
Conservatives
Green
Lib Dem
Reform
Heritage Party
Communist Party of Britain

Tricky one.
I'd never heard of the Heritage Party before and thought they sounded nice, until I looked them up and saw that they are right wing Christian lunatics.

I'd never heard of the Heritage Party before and thought they sounded nice, until I looked them up and saw that they are right wing Christian lunatics.

Yeah me neither. 3 right wing loony parties on my ballot then along with Reform and the Tories. What a time to be alive.

He's running out time to start talking about the importance of 'putting the Bible back into schools' but he can still pull it off.
:lol:

Tbh I think the pope has more progressive views than Starmer. This terf stuff from him has happened a day after Rowling said she wouldn’t vote Labour. None of this is about “winning” over right wingers it’s just Starmer own bigoted views.

:lol:

Tbh I think the pope has more progressive views than Starmer. This terf stuff from him has happened a day after Rowling said she wouldn’t vote Labour. None of this is about “winning” over right wingers it’s just Starmer own bigoted views.
Their lead organisations have similar views regarding rolling out the red carpet for people who think rape victims are lying.

They're being careful not to rock the boat too much, and quietly waiting for Labour to do something really daft before having a go at them or supporting their rivals. But that might be a long wait, and as long as Labour seem content with maintaining the status quo they'll be happy as well.

But Starmer is just a block of cheddar cheese, anyway. There's no bacon sandwich scandal or similar that they can use to show how much of a useless tool he is. Starmer doesn't eat food, anyway, I'm sure his handlers just replace his fuel cells every couple of weeks and update his firmware to fix any "my dad was a tool maker" speech bugs.

Starmer is playing the game well IMHO. It’s frustrating how bland he can be at times, but ha has absolutely nothing to gain by taking any kind of risks. All he needs to do is be ‘not the Tories’.

Status
Not open for further replies.