General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is like finishing top 4 when you were expecting to get relegated.

If Ruth does hold the Tories' feet to the soft brexit fire, it'd be quite satisfying.

It'd be like the SNP infiltrating the Tories to get their agenda through on Brexit. Irony of all ironies.

If Ruth does hold the Tories' feet to the soft brexit fire, it'd be quite satisfying.

It'd be like the SNP infiltrating the Tories to get their agenda through on Brexit. Irony of all ironies.
Don't really understand this, have you got a football analogy?

I wrote a sodding essay in reply to a comment on here and the bloody page refreshed. But basically; Labour gained seats when even the polls on the morning of the vote were suggesting the biggest Tory landslide since Thatcher, Corbyn's critics were not just seen off but humiliated, likewise the press who threw the kitchen sink at him and other members of the party, they galvanised a youth movement with 7 weeks notice through embracing alternative media outlets and 'influencers' that took the message to them, that group are also about to watch Labour's direct rival get propped up by people who have views that couldn't be further from theirs. The longer this pact with the DUP goes, the slower the Brexit negotiations go, the more that demographic grows until we end up with a generation who already don't trust the Lib Dems, adding the Tories to the list.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not planning street parties but I've got a party that a) I actually want to vote and campaign for and b) is absolutely going in the right direction. This is why I and many others who were completely written off and ridiculed picked Corbyn, twice.

Last edited:
how do you not have a hard border in northern Ireland if you end free movement?
How can you want a hard Brexit and a soft border? bizzare
Special status for the North which is what Sinn Fein have been campaigning for. Or just do the sensible thing and move the border to feck back across to the other side of the Irish Sea where it belongs ;);)

Agent Silvestre.

Cheers. I think he was just trying to be snarky but I just don't care. Finally the Tories get their smiles wiped off their faces and that is all I need.

A bit like that Daily Mail woman on Question time today.

I know what you mean in terms of celebrating not being in government as if it were being in government (the RAWK comparison). But it's not like that. The celebration is relative to expectation and the rise and fall of political capital. Labour's fortunes have risen, the Tories' fortunes have dwindled. Relative to before the election, which party do you think would take these results? Labour is the only one who'd be happy, except perhaps the DUP.
What makes you think that Labour and/ or Corbyn's stock wont fall as fast as it rose? Case in point - 2m ago, Theresa May and the Conservative had a 20pt lead. Now 2m later they are leading a minority Government. Also...wasn't it just last year when Corbyn was possibly at his most all time low as his party tried to oust him in a vote of no confidence. Things change very quickly... it's easy for a party that isnt ruling to say how it should be done and how they would do it bla bla... but once they actually get into power they realise that they are inevitably going to have to break manifesto promises and hence will piss people off. Corbyn wave is riding high currently, but in spite of this... hes not in power and will realistically not get his shot again to try to convince the public until 2022. By that point, his party may very well have ousted him and replaced him with someone else with a load of new ideas.

Ruth Davidson not happy about DUP

YESSSSSS

Love you Ruth
Of course not, any right-minded person wouldn't be, but I'm sure she'll bite her tongue
Sometimes I get the feeling that people living in mainland Great Britain know extremely little, and care even less, about the most volatile part of their country, Northern Ireland. Would that be fair?
Yeah and why would they? I'm sure the ordinary English/Welsh man doesn't want the hassle of the shite that goes on over here and I don't think the British public will be too pleased if they hear how much NI costs them.

18951051_1463835467032933_215345565274878679_n.jpg

Yeah and why would they? I'm sure the ordinary English/Welsh man doesn't want the hassle of the shite that goes on over here and I don't think the British public will be too pleased if they hear how much NI costs them.

I think you've partly answered your own question there...

Just catching up with Newsnight.

They went live to Kirsty Wark, for her to briefly introduce a piece she made today. She's hammered :lol:

Beginning to look like May just jumped at the first chance of remaining in power without considering the consequences. Horrendous approach. Strong and stable my fecking arse.

Beginning to look like May just jumped at the first chance of remaining in power without considering the consequences. Horrendous approach. Strong and stable my fecking arse.

I'm quite sure she considered the consequences - simply doesn't matter if she can still stay in power.

I wrote a sodding essay in reply to a comment on here and the bloody page refreshed. But basically; Labour gained seats when even the polls on the morning of the vote were suggesting the biggest Tory landslide since Thatcher, Corbyn's critics were not just seen off but humiliated, likewise the press who threw the kitchen sink at him and other members of the party, they galvanised a youth movement with 7 weeks notice through embracing alternative media outlets and 'influencers' that took the message to them, that group are also about to watch Labour's direct rival get propped up by people who have views that couldn't be further from theirs. The longer this pact with the DUP goes, the slower the Brexit negotiations go, the more that demographic grows until we end up with a generation who already don't trust the Lib Dems, adding the Tories to the list.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not planning street parties but I've got a party that a) I actually want to vote and campaign for and b) is absolutely going in the right direction. This is why I and many others who were completely written off and ridiculed picked Corbyn, twice.
Bang on.

It's interesting, I remember all the potential combinations being speculated upon prior to the vote two years ago, and the Lib Dems back in coalition (or more probably confidence and supply) was seen as a likely possibility if the maths allowed it. But it hasn't even been thought about this time round because of the rightward veer of the Tories. So a combination of almost irreconcilable differences over Brexit and an electoral system that doesn't do what it's supposed to is really putting us deep in the shit at the moment.

It's interesting, I remember all the potential combinations being speculated upon prior to the vote two years ago, and the Lib Dems back in coalition (or more probably confidence and supply) was seen as a likely possibility if the maths allowed it. But it hasn't even been thought about this time round because of the rightward veer of the Tories. So a combination of almost irreconcilable differences over Brexit and an electoral system that doesn't do what it's supposed to is really putting us deep in the shit at the moment.

If I remember correctly Cameron said he wouldn't do any deal with them because of their views on gay rights, and presumably because of the consequences as well. Major was, of course, similar when he lost his majority.

feck this, i dont want these cnuts in charge anymore
Best case scenario - May continues as PM and keeps fecking up, leaving the race open for Labour in five years. And they won't be able to pass as many austerity measures as before because some of their own MPs who won with very small margins won't want to piss off their constituents. All we need to do is survive the upcoming mutant invasion. Sorry for being a monumental arsehole earlier btw.

Best case scenario - May continues as PM and keeps fecking up, leaving the race open for Labour in five years. And they won't be able to pass as many austerity measures as before because some of their own MPs who won with very small margins won't want to piss off their constituents. All we need to do is survive the upcoming mutant invasion. Sorry for being a monumental arsehole earlier btw.
I don't see how this lasts five months, let alone years, if May continues to feck up so spectacularly.

Zero chance this will last a year let alone 5. IMO.

I'm quite sure she considered the consequences - simply doesn't matter if she can still stay in power.

I don't think she did,
or if she did, fecking up the good friday agreement and the responsibilities it places on them wasn't a mistake.

I don't think its an accident that the Labour Party were the ones to get the agreement through.
The conservatives have always been hopeless at dealing with Northern Ireland,
Cameron did a good job of keeping them on a leash but with May were back to the usual hopeless mismanagement, not all of which is accidental.

I'm just looking at Sky News, where they're listing the parties and numbers of seats, and showing UKIP as 0 (-1) and 'Others' as 23. The others being mostly Northern Irish, I presume. Why they think zero UKIP MPs is more important to list by name of party than multiple Northern Irish I've no idea, especially considering who will now hold the balance of power. Actually, feck who holds the balance of power, it's like the parliamentary representatives of Northern Ireland don't count. I wouldn't blame them at all if they got a bit upset.

I don't think she did,
or if she did, fecking up the good friday agreement and the responsibilities it places on them wasn't a mistake.

I don't think its an accident that the Labour Party were the ones to get the agreement through.
The conservatives have always been hopeless at dealing with Northern Ireland,
Cameron did a good job of keeping them on a leash but with May were back to the usual hopeless mismanagement, not all of which is accidental.
Unfair on Major.