General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So ... Amber lost on initial count.
Then on the recount/
Then on another recount.
And then the last recount she had a swing to let her win by 300 votes and... its accepted?

Is that what happened? :nervous:

That seems like official challenge sort of territory.

For Brexit? The future seems unclear but more positive than a Tory majority in that regard.
I always have a go at american politics for making climate change deniers and homophobes in positions of Power

We've done the same

Then on the recount/
Then on another recount.
And then the last recount she had a swing to let her win by 300 votes and... its accepted?

Worrying

I think we'll see a softening/rethinking of Brexit plans. Ignoring everything else that's happened in this election and her premiership, the way from day one she immediately set off on a course that complete ignored 48% of the population and a direction that made a huge assumption about the intent of 52% (implying leaving customs union and single market had a mandate despite neither issue ever being voted on) whilst at the same time wave the flag of 'unity' and 'in the national interest' was always bollocks.

As it stands she won't be able to pass any deal that does not include identical access to both the SM and CU as we currently have, or one that simply retains membership on the same terms. The EU definitely won't be giving us either of those things knowing that there is very unlikely to be any kind of exit from the EU without agreement on those terms, pending yet another election.

Get the impression from the labour supporters and the party themselves they are dleighted purely for the sake of it and the disruption of it all

Im not sure what has happened is going to benefit anyone really

At the end of the day, Labour are still miles behind. So even an election 2 years from now. How will they get anywhere near a majority?
Labour didnt cause this disprution, the lovely Theresa May did.

What i really like about our voting system is it produces a strong and stable government

Shocking night for Miss 'Strong & stable'. Her gamble to call the election has utterly failed & I can't imagine her own MPs are impressed with what's happened.

Good effort from Labour. Corbyn has shown a lot of guts to get through that campaign & produce a better night than they expected.

Good riddance to UKIP.

What i really like about our voting system is it produces a strong and stable government

:lol:

My partner is from Italy and was saying for a while how FPTP is better than anything more proportional as here we have governmental stability. She has since changed her tune :p

Then on the recount/
Then on another recount.

What the hell. Is that true??

Oh absolutely. I find her incredibly unlikable too

But in the grand scheme of things, Im not sure these results are going to help anyone or anything

Helps my faith in humanity a little at least and i think it effects the political direction too.

No idea. Would be whoever was losing at the time who'd request the recount wouldn't it? We don't know for sure if Rudd was losing at any point.

Don't the recounts happen only if its close between the candidates? I think the poll manger wouldn't allow a recount recount if it was unrealistic to change the outcome.

Last edited:
Well, the marginals she did visit didn't go well for her so maybe it was a good decision to keep her locked away from debates and stuff...
Says a lot about a supposed leader when her best tactic is to limit the public's exposure to her.

So the tories will go down one of two paths
  • Claim the need for stability and May stays on
  • Reinforce the scare story of needing a majority to get a good deal. May to go and another election held

:lol:

My partner is from Italy and was saying for a while how FPTP is better than anything more proportional as here we have governmental stability. She has since changed her tune :p
Just to put this into perspective, under a perfectly Proportional system

Labour + Lib Dem + SNP would have enough seats

Throw Green in there as well if you want.