General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tactical voting could've fecked the Tories up.

You Corbyn in or out now? :D

I'm still not confident he's secure, there may be moves to challenge thinking a Labour sans-Corbyn may do even better. Hard to say

68.7 % turnout , good but still not acceptable, 31% count not be bothered to get of their arse and vote.
Definitely thinking at this point that @Untied is in fact a time traveller. His 69.1% is closest and he wins this very special gif:

giphy.gif

I'm still not confident he's secure, there may be moves to challenge thinking a Labour sans-Corbyn may do even better. Hard to say
If they challenge him after winning 40% of the popular vote, and given how much of the labour membership loves him much the PLP needs to just quit politics. Out of touch would be an understatement.

If they challenge him after winning 40% of the popular vote, and given how much of the labour membership loves him much the PLP needs to just quit politics. Out of touch would be an understatement.

I don't think they'd get the PLP numbers anyway. Campbell was reluctant to praise the Labour performance though and he's a good guide of what some may be thinking

Nah he's safe as houses until the next election at least, whenever that may be.

I still think they won't win unless they start taking a lot of votes straight from the Tories, but he's certainly won the chance to have another go after the Tories have got themselves into Brexit shite.

Where do these last four seats lie?
Cornwall (3) and Kensington.

I'd certainly be more likely to vote Labour if it wasn't him so that's one right there.

The polling companies have escaped any scrutiny so far in the media, but what a shocker the majority of them had.

Qriously, Survation and Yougov model had a blinder.

I'm not sure i understand the mechanism to stop May just carrying on until the tories decide they might win another election??

What a fecking mess this Tory government have presided over. Called the EU referendum and left us in limbo. Opportunistically called an election in the middle of the cycle and hung parliament.

No majority government, no direction on EU/Brexit, no strong, no stable, no fecking clue.

May has more support across the nation than Corbyn and, although she hasnt been elected i.e. in an overall majority, she has more right to be PM currently.

I'm sure many of those supporters will want her gone though, she's substantially weakened their party after all

SF wont take their seats.

So it's 650-7=643.

So only 322 needed.

Tories are only 3 short if they get to the projected 319.

All forms of education, from pre-school to PHD's have a net positive effect on the economy and society.

Whilst that may be true that doesn't mean there isn't significant waste or sub-optimal outcomes at degree level.

I'm 100% certain that the economy and society could be far better served with an higher education system that actively enables and encourages students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds into the most meaningful and important vocations at a given time.

The polling companies have escaped any scrutiny so far in the media, but what a shocker the majority of them had.

Qriously, Survation and Yougov model had a blinder.
Qriously were 5 out, just as bad as most others.

What a fecking mess this Tory government have presided over. Called the EU referendum and left us in limbo. Opportunistically called an election in the middle of the cycle and hung parliament.

No majority government, no direction on EU/Brexit, no strong, no stable, no fecking clue.
It was badly misjudged all round. Cameron didn't think the country would vote to leave, which shocked most people. Then May thought everybody loves the Tories. Not students it seems.

May trying to stick it out. Let the in-fighting begin.

She's going to have so many knives in her back

Definitely thinking at this point that @Untied is in fact a time traveller. His 69.1% is closest and he wins this very special gif:

giphy.gif

:lol:

Although I got a little bit over excited about EVEL potentially throwing a spanner in the works. Even England and Wales have a Conservative majority.

Whilst that may be true that doesn't mean there isn't significant waste or sub-optimal outcomes at degree level.

I'm 100% certain that the economy and society could be far better served with an higher education system that actively enables and encourages students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds into the most meaningful and important vocations at a given time.
I'm yet to see any data that suggests any form is education is wasteful. I've seen plenty that it has a great ROI though. Investment on areas that are chronically underserved obviously has a better ROI, but I think it's more a case of better ROI, rather than same education having waste.

She's going to have so many knives in her back

:lol:

Although I got a little bit over excited about EVEL potentially throwing a spanner in the works. Even England and Wales have a Conservative majority.
I thought it as well at first, was still thinking in overall majority terms :lol: I've been up a day!

Just imagining the first time back in the Commons, what a reversal it's going to be. Corbyn triumphant regardless of loss, May (assuming she's still there but I doubt she can survive really) humiliated.

I thought it as well at first, was still thinking in overall majority terms :lol: I've been up a day!

Just imagining the first time back in the Commons, what a reversal it's going to be. Corbyn triumphant regardless of loss, May (assuming she's still there but I doubt she can survive really) humiliated.
She's told her aids that she is going to stay supposedly.

So probably everything the Leavers wanted will go out of the window?
Different leavers wanted different things out of leaving, but it's long been clear that a lot of them will be disappointed whichever way it goes.

Despite it being possible I really don't see an extension happening. Given the current state of affairs it would probably take half a year to negotiate an extension and I can't see Tories convincing 27 countries even if they tried hard, and that itself doesn't seem likely.