General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any idea what time we will know clear outcome?

Is she not fecked due to SNP losing lots of seats tonight?
I'd have thought so, though SNP still being the biggest party there will give her something to hide behind. Given how high the 2015 results were for them then losing seats was expected, but to lose to the Tories like this is something different. Given how front-and-centre she's been on the national stage throughout her leadership, she must carry some responsibility. But whether she will...

Scotland voting Tories - but voted remain. Stupid fecking country. Having a meltdown right now.
Split Labour to SNP vote won't be helping. fecking Tories in Scotland. The shame.

If the Tory/DUP alliance happens because of Scotland, I may actually cry.

Amber might got as well. Something positive, I guess.

Aren't you meant to be sleeping?
Nah, out at an all-nighter. Supposedly anyway... they kicked us out. Now back st my flat with flatmste and a couple of people from the pub. This is more fun than it had any right to be.

It was fun while it lasted and it lasted for longer than I expected but here comes the blue wave.

I'd have thought so, though SNP still being the biggest party there will give her something to hide behind. Given how high the 2015 results were for them then lossing seats was expected, but to lose to the Tories like this is something different. Given how front-and-centre she's been on the national stage throughout her leadership, she must carry some responsibility. But whether she will...

Well she has already said she'd help Corbyn a coalition government so I guess she has no plans on going anywhere.

Nah, out at an all-nighter. Supposedly anyway... they kicked us out. Now back st my flat with flatmste and a couple of people from the pub. This is more fun than it had any right to be.
Dunno if you've heard, but Hoey supposedly in trouble.

I'm confused how the exit poll was underestimating Tory vote in Scotland. Didn't it have SNP down to 34? Surely that would've involved lots of Tory gains?

I'm going to sleep when Conservatives surpass Labour. So probably about half an hour.

Second recount in Perth, Wishart 21 votes ahead. Squeaky wheat time again. A lot felt it'd go Tory so would be a major hold for the SNP.

Interesting to see the leaders of the big parties after the dust has settled. Personally think May, Sturgeon and Farron should go. Corbyn might resign on a high if they get an honourable loss, but that's based on nothing but my opinion.

Second recount in Perth, Wishart 21 votes ahead. Squeaky wheat time again. A lot felt it'd go Tory so would be a major hold for the SNP.

That'd be good. YouGov have it as a Tory win.

This is what happens when you don't do alliances. Southport a mess.

Well she has already said she'd help Corbyn a coalition government so I guess she has no plans on going anywhere.
That's a good point - don't think the party will have the will to force her out either, so I'd bet on her carrying-on. But then I'm not a Scot so have no real idea what's going on there :lol:

1 in 3 SNP voters from 2015 went on to vote for Brexit.

For what it's worth.

Rather interestingly there's a fair bit of Brexit sentiment in the rural north of Scotland - Angus Robertson's constituency almost voted for it, and since then I presume we've seen such voters swayed over from the SNP to the Tories. That swing has been backed up by some SNP voters being tempted by Corbyn.

Was inevitable - in becoming a party with a lot more urban appeal, the SNP were always going to alienate their rural voters eventually. Sustaining 56 out of 59 seats was impossible.