General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tpTUblA.png

Labour hold Sunderland Central, small swing to Tories.
doesn't mean anything in safe seats.

Key to this election is the Lib Dem and UKIP vote in Tory marginals. The election will be decided there.

And so begins the YouGov comparisons. I welcome them. If YouGov is right the exit poll may be OVER-ESTIMATING the Tory seats.

Must be so grim being an 'Alistair Ford' for the greens polling 755 in Newcastle. Polite clap.

I feel your pain. I grew up in the Borders which always fluctuated between Tory and Lib dems. It's not over until the returning officer has spoken
I'd be embarrassed if it went Tory here. Aberdeen south probably will but I thought Salmond was safe enough. SNP saying they think it'll be tight here.

How come North East are so quick with declarations? Are they quicker at counting than people in London? if so, why???

Tories on the map! Dimbleby moaning about sound quality again.

So Labour has so far either matched or outperformed the YouGov MRP which puts the Conservatives barely past 300 seats.

BTW: I voted for Labour in the end: I couldn't bring myself to vote Tory; ended up knocking on doors for 3 days for my Labour MP and continually spamming the Conservative facebook page. Our seat is marginal, so fingers crossed.

Key reasons were her refusal to debate Corbyn 1on1, her tacit support fro Trump over climate change and Mayor of London, and her decisions as home secretary with regards terrorism and police. She is not 'strong and stable' and I think she is an intellectual lightweight.

What I found interesting is that May would have called her snap election because Labour voters like me professed we were fed up with Corbyn. But when it came to it, May was simply not inspirational enough to desert Labour for. And as Corbyn spoke more, so he sounded like the real change the country needs. So I stayed. And I suspect millions more like me too.

This was the swing May was counting on. But she failed with millions of wavering labour voters, hence, she will get a reduced majority - I'm convinced ot it.
Fingers crossed mate.

Yes Swindon - a Tory win but big swing for Labour. UKIP voters going everywhere.

Must be so grim being an 'Alistair Ford' for the greens polling 755 in Newcastle. Polite clap.

Nah they know the score. They can be proud of what they stand for, it's not the election for them.

Side note - Channel 4 with the best coverage at the minute, David Mitchell is on fire. He's destroying Widdicome here it's amazing.

I know its going to happen! Believe! Man Utd will sign Morata next week!