General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ha ha apologies I didn't mean to do that, was a genuinely interesting and thoughtful read and definitely a few things worth exploring! Trust me I'd have struggled to come up with a list like that. A good variety of angles. I'd probably be a bit narrow in thinking.

Politics is so damn hard to get right. Retraining for example is a great prospect if you get it right. But a lot of benefits claimants feel more comfortable playing that game rather than actually working. What I really like are the incentives for companies to take on the problem individuals, e.g. Employer NI cuts for certain groupings. It encourages companies to foot the bill and lines up a job at the end with an employer right there having had the chance to assess.

We had some real stars on our apprenticeship programs in the law firm i worked at. And I've heard similar great outcomes for some of the big accounting firms.

Your a walking Tory cliché. Benefits claimed ts just game the system. What a lot of bollocks

This is beginning to sound like Turkey with ballots going missing and people being turned away. I hope the British people woke up but I'm still pessimistic and predicting a Tory landslide. Not long now until we're put out of our misery.

So many contradictory rumours flying around right now :lol:

Well, good luck everybody. Hopefully it'll be a long night ahead.

I remember the 2010 election had issues with people getting in to vote (maybe not the same issue).

Don't know why I am so nervous - it's a given we are fecked. Just a question of by how much?

Do you know what time Pendle result comes out?

I walked a 15 mile circle from Barrowford through Blacko, half way to Barnoldswick and round again yesterday. No roads, just footpaths, fields, hills, streams, hills, woods and more hills. Lots of buttercup meadows, sheep, deer, absolutely beautiful. Everything green and lush and full of birds. No better place to live in the world.

I have just made it home.

I am so nervous and am very anxiously waiting for the exit poll results.

I have not been this nervous since my child was born.

I really hope Jezza pulls it off, for the future of this country and all of us! COME ON!

Tories winning in Liverpool.

My general sense from RAWK was that there were very anti-Corbyn. But in 2015 RAWK seemed more pro-Labour (and I know that the city itself is probably Labour's best stronghold).

Is there actually any physical evidence that inequality is greater than in recent years or under previous Governments? From what I've seen the top 10% and 1% are paying more tax as a % of tax receipts than ever before, the bottom 25% are paying less than ever before. In terms of percentages the bottom 25% of earners have seen salary increases much faster than any other income group over the past 20 years and around 65% of the population are having more tax money spent on them than they are paying, which is more than any time in modern memory. Also the bottom 50% of earners pay less tax as a % than ever before (I believe around 16% less than in 1999 for example).

You just know that pollster has intentionally put the word "fascinated" in his tweet to get our hopes up.

Some pollsters have predicted big Tory majority so that would not be a fascinating result for the pollsters nor a surprise to them.

Could be the Tories keeping a majority by raping Scotland. The darkest timeline.

He better be hinting at a hung parliament, because if it's a Con majority, he should be banned from the Caf as per Twitter thread rules. Worse than Indykaila

Is there actually any physical evidence that inequality is greater than in previous years or under previous Governments? From what I've seen the top 10% and 1% are paying more tax as a % of tax receipts than ever before, the bottom 25% are paying less than ever before. In terms of percentages the bottom 25% of earners have seen salary increases much faster than any other income group over the past 20 years and around 65% of the population are having more tax money spent on them than they are paying, which is more than any time in modern memory. Also the bottom 50% of earners pay less tax as a % than ever before (I believe around 16% less than in 1999 for example).
That's a lot of things to see without providing any evidence there chief.

Eligible voters turned away. Lost votes. WTF is going on?

Is there actually any physical evidence that inequality is greater than in previous years or under previous Governments? From what I've seen the top 10% and 1% are paying more tax as a % of tax receipts than ever before, the bottom 25% are paying less than ever before. In terms of percentages the bottom 25% of earners have seen salary increases much faster than any other income group over the past 20 years and around 65% of the population are having more tax money spent on them than they are paying, which is more than any time in modern memory. Also the bottom 50% of earners pay less tax as a % than ever before (I believe around 16% less than in 1999 for example).
The gap between the top 1% and the average worker has grown massively.

I walked a 15 mile circle from Barrowford through Blacko, half way to Barnoldswick and round again yesterday. No roads, just footpaths, fields, hills, streams, hills, woods and more hills. Lots of buttercup meadows, sheep, deer, absolutely beautiful. No better place to live in the world.
In barrowford there is the water meetings, I used to go running there.

At least if the exit poll suggest it's close then I have a reason to watch whilst doing some work.

Otherwise it's off to bed.

Could be the Tories keeping a majority by raping Scotland. The darkest timeline.
If the Tories make huge gains in Scotland then I'll be genuinely gobsmacked. It's like getting back together with a violent ex.

If the Tories make huge gains in Scotland then I'll be genuinely gobsmacked. It's like getting back together with a violent ex.

It isn't that unlikely. They're the party for the unionists up here of which there are feckin loads.

I'll be fecking off, that's for sure.

9 minutes to go and am touching cloth.