Gary Neville - Pundit

I actually don't mind Gary in general, but as a high profile pundit he's dangerous for the club.

His views on the Man Utd manager position are highly romanticised by Sir Alex, and he seems to think he speaks for the fans, when he doesn't. Not even close.

I'm not sure if the way he carries on when on TV necessarily means he wouldn't privately advise Ratcliffe and co to cut Ten Hag loose if he was pulled aside at todays meeting.

He is becoming insufferable these past few years. I didn’t think I would ever say this but I prefer Jamie to Neville recently especially on all things United.

I don't mind GN, I think a lot of the talk on here saying he's anti United is absolutely off the mark. He sometimes tries too hard to be neutral but ultimately he's a United fan at heart. People complain about him having too big a voice, I agree though it could be worse when you have people like Goldbridge with 2 million subscribers.

Why is there such a night and day view on ten hag Fallings when it comes to gary neville and Scholes.

I understand gary saying he won't call for the sacking of a manger but grow some balls and at least criticise him for his clear errors instead of almost absolving him of all blame and making weak excuses for his failings. Scholes hasn't called for his sacking but rightly has called it as it when it comes to his failings as manager of united.

Why is there such a night and day view on ten hag Fallings when it comes to gary neville and Scholes.

I understand gary saying he won't call for the sacking of a manger but grow some balls and at least criticise him for his clear errors instead of almost absolving him of all blame and making weak excuses for his failings. Scholes hasn't called for his sacking but rightly has called it as it when it comes to his failings as manager of united.

Neville publicly backed himself into a corner years ago when he said live on Sky he’d never advocate any manager getting the sack. He’s got to stick to that now, I’d imagine privately it’s a different story seeing as he’s got no issue burning through managers at Salford.

I don't mind GN, I think a lot of the talk on here saying he's anti United is absolutely off the mark. He sometimes tries too hard to be neutral but ultimately he's a United fan at heart. People complain about him having too big a voice, I agree though it could be worse when you have people like Goldbridge with 2 million subscribers.
I don't think he means to be anti anything. But his views are often so bad when it comes to anything United related.

I actually don't mind Gary in general, but as a high profile pundit he's dangerous for the club.

His views on the Man Utd manager position are highly romanticised by Sir Alex, and he seems to think he speaks for the fans, when he doesn't. Not even close.

A, most of us "highly romanticise" the United manager role. It is why there is pages of debate about finding the right candidate.

I dont get that impression he thinks he is speaking for the fans. But he has said that he will never call for a managers sacking in his role as pundut. And that applies to any club.

Because he is a big part of the football media at Sky, when they go to grounds they will get certain privileges afforded to them.

If they are bad mouthing Utd and banging on about how bad everything at the club is, some doors will be closed. He knows that will be the case. I remember someone (could have been Mark Lawrenson) going on about how City invite all the press in for these extravagant meals on match days. Probably part of the reason why they don't bang on much about City's charges in the media. They probably wouldn't be invited to those things if they did, and that's probably more important to them/their employers than what they say on TV.

I'd imagine Scholes doesn't really care about any of that stuff, but Neville does. He knows the game and he's playing it.