Gary Neville - Pundit

Bruno fecking means at everyone even when it's not their fault. He had a go a greenwood about 5mins in when it was ronaldos bad pass to mase that killed the attack.

He wasn't doing it as much when he was playing well and it looked at lot more like constructive criticism but now it looks like he's just snapping at everyone and everything.

I don't think you'd care if United were winning, that's just his character. Like Neville when he was a player...

I don't think you'd care if United were winning, that's just his character. Like Neville when he was a player...
That's actually what I'm saying. When he was playing well and we were winning you could seem him giving advice to everyone but his mannerisms and his body language you could see it was "constructive/helpful" whatever word you want to use.

Now we aren't playing well and he himself is shite, his visibly frustrated, moaning, throwing his arms about. His whole body language is changed and it does look extremely bad.

The bit about Ronaldo running straight down the tunnel is a bit funny to me. Only the match going fans can take issue with that tbh.

Unless anyone at home (watching an illegal stream) in their living room are standing up to clap the lads off in front of the tele after the final whistle.

You only get to moan when you're having a good game yourself.

Oh so now he's capable of criticism now that his friend isn't in charge, how nice for him.

That's actually what I'm saying. When he was playing well and we were winning you could seem him giving advice to everyone but his mannerisms and his body language you could see it was "constructive/helpful" whatever word you want to use.

Now we aren't playing well and he himself is shite, his visibly frustrated, moaning, throwing his arms about. His whole body language is changed and it does look extremely bad.

That's just the flip-side of his personality though, he's expressive in his emotions. We just need players to perform much better, is all

Look at him go. I can see him criticising the manager now it's not Ole who's in charge.

Actually I don’t wish for any player to be criticised but i for damn sure expect impartiality, particularly from those with an influential voice like Neville. Don’t try and tell me how to support the club, fans like you are the reason for so much divisiveness within the fanbase. Agenda central.
:lol:

Pot and kettle much.

Look at him go. I can see him criticising the manager now it's not Ole who's in charge.
It's funny because he goes out of his way to give Rangnick some protection and you still typed this

He said it has nothing to do with the manager. He’s having a pop at the players…something this forum had a go at him for under Ole. Apparently expecting the players to show some effort back then was him “protecting his mate”.
Almost like those saying that haven't watched the video.

Oh so now he's capable of criticism now that his friend isn't in charge, how nice for him.

I was thinking exactly this. Going in hard on the division in the camp narrative as it backs up his bs about the players getting the manager fired. I think we can all accept Ole got himself fired.

That's the creator of the 'are you not entertained?' thread so I'm not surprised. Ole's last supporter in the caf it would seem.

It's always interesting how stubborn people are with certain opinions.

Opinions can change, but some people seem to clutch to some despite all evidence suggesting the opposite.

I was thinking exactly this. Going in hard on the division in the camp narrative as it backs up his bs about the players getting the manager fired. I think we can all accept Ole got himself fired.

Based on how brilliant these players have been since he was gone? Or are you basing it on how brilliant they were before he took over? Truth is that Ole was not the man for the job but the players have been getting away with murder for years now and yes they contributed to the sacking of Jose, Ole and will do for Ralf if something does not change. We all want Ralf to bring in his new patterns of play and off we go to win some lovely trophies but the harsh reality is that we are not winning anything until the rot is cut out of the dressing room and that is probably going to mean a pretty dramatic tear down and rebuild of the squad.

Based on how brilliant these players have been since he was gone? Or are you basing it on how brilliant they were before he took over? Truth is that Ole was not the man for the job but the players have been getting away with murder for years now and yes they contributed to the sacking of Jose, Ole and will do for Ralf if something does not change. We all want Ralf to bring in his new patterns of play and off we go to win some lovely trophies but the harsh reality is that we are not winning anything until the rot is cut out of the dressing room and that is probably going to mean a pretty dramatic tear down and rebuild of the squad.

Neville would have you believe that if the players tried harder then Ole would still be around as if that would be a good thing. Players get demotivated and don't play as well when they've lost faith in the manager and his plan. It happens at every club and the manager's job is to motivate the players so for me, in general, if a manager gets the sack it is down to their own failings. This is true of Ole, LVG and Mourinho.

I think there's a lot of hyperbole and over the top negativity over this whole thing and I'm not saying he started it but Neville's fueling it and given everyone the nice label of 'whingers' to throw at our players.

I don't believe the squad needs wholesale changes at all but maybe a few big names need dropping and I am concerned that there hasn't been a bounce. You'd expect everyone to be extra motivated for the first while under the new manager. Rangnick will need to sort it out fast or he won't last the season.

I don't always agree with Neville and he was wrong to keep defending Ole. I think he dug a hole for himself there and couldn't get out.
I do think he is a decent pundit though. He is generally honest with his opinions and yes he will praise even Liverpool and City, although he hates them, when they deserve it. Unfortunately that just seems too often right now.
Would people rather he was like that Talksport embarrassment Trevor Sinclair who just drools on City day after day and rips United. On that note the lickspittle was asked for his greatest goals of the year today. 3 guesses who won.
Compared with that clown, Neville is a broadcasting god.;)

We have bigger issues to worry about than Ronaldo and Bruno’s not being happy that we’re playing crap. I’d rather see all the players having a pop at each other than then just sulking and wilting into themselves for 90mins.

Neville and Keane often complain that our players don't have a go at each other on the pitch. They just invent things to complain about when the team's underperforming.

His nonsense about players being ‘whingebags’ will be the narrative for a while. God forbid players looking unhappy when losing.

If the squad started hugging each other and high 5 after every pass Keane would have one of his caricature outbursts.

Gary thinks he is far more important than he actually is…just another pundit being paid to get clicks.

All top players hate losing, especially while the team plays this bad against a relegation candidate. This winning mentality is what drives them to be better than most others. Yes both Ronaldo and Bruno were frustrated with team's and their own performance as probably everyone else should have. If that 'whinging' affected their effort on the pitch i would be concerned, but i didn't see their effort going down.

About bad tackles while losing, as if Gary's teammates like Keane and Scholes haven't made any bad tackles while losing. Those tackles would likely be called 'getting stuck in' and 'showing some physicality'. As for helping the youngsters, I am not sure Rashford qualifies as a 'youngster' anymore. He has been so poor for a while misplacing simple passes and not passing to anyone else a lot of times but seems to get a pass from pundits most of the time. I think any decent player would be frustrated with him.

When we bought Ronaldo it should have been clear that he wants to win at all costs, continuous mediocre performances by the team at this stage of his career when he wants to win everything is getting him more frustrated. I think we need some change of personnel, Ralf is mostly playing the same team as Ole, but now seems to be the time to drop the underperforming ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sultan
He said it has nothing to do with the manager. He’s having a pop at the players…something this forum had a go at him for under Ole. Apparently expecting the players to show some effort back then was him “protecting his mate”.
He said something like its all about body language and that Ragnick cant con anyone by saying its not.

Last edited:
His nonsense about players being ‘whingebags’ will be the narrative for a while. God forbid players looking unhappy when losing.

Yup. Knew this would be the case when Ralf said it post the Norwich game. It will be the talking point now every game we play.

Seems like a lot of media have been desperate to make this about Ronaldo all season. Body language the latest way he's harming the team, rather than focusing on maybe understanding why he's doing that. The fact Ronaldo was criticised for his body language rather than Rashford for (yet another) abysmal pass on that occasion he just cunted the ball out for a Newcastle throw is insane.

Yup. Knew this would be the case when Ralf said it post the Norwich game. It will be the talking point now every game we play.

Seems like a lot of media have been desperate to make this about Ronaldo all season. Body language the latest way he's harming the team, rather than focusing on maybe understanding why he's doing that. The fact Ronaldo was criticised for his body language rather than Rashford for (yet another) abysmal pass on that occasion he just cunted the ball out for a Newcastle throw is insane.
Unfortunately its a theme here also.

Gary Neville wouldn’t know first hand what it’s like to have a winner’s mentality. Second hand he does. He was there with the great players, and they gave him a good bollocking every now and then so he can stay on his toes.

He was fed the “body language” thing by Ralf. Ralf used it first I think, and that was before he managed a single match and before he realized this ain’t no ordinary job. You can hear Ralf backtracking on the body language bullshit in his latest post match interview because he never realized how harsh and fake narrative driven the English media is.

Gary Neville wouldn’t know first hand what it’s like to have a winner’s mentality. Second hand he does. He was there with the great players, and they gave him a good bollocking every now and then so he can stay on his toes.
Oh come on now.