Gary Neville - Pundit

Doubt it becuase him and Keano have been doing it for years.

It’s not that he’s always wrong just that the club doesn’t need the extra negativity, I just don’t see how it helps.

True mate.

Gary Neville is my least favourite pundit. He says really good points and he helped save football when the super league reared its ugly Head so he is a legend for that.

However he has a real issue with bias. Towards anyone he knows, for example: Ole, Kane, Ronaldo etc. sure he will critic them but he will never go too far like he does on Mourinho or other players. If your not going to give it large to everyone then don’t critique at all.

He’s right to be. I just think he’s piling on a little quicker than he did before because his mates now gone.

All this “inside knowledge” he has of stuff being rubbish in the dressing room is a joke. Nothing came out from him like that when Ole was in charge and yet the body language expert couldn’t see anything wrong in the games leading up to that hammering. Even when it was clear as day we were heading towards something like that. I find Carra a lot more on the money when it comes to us.

As people have said he was a moany player and seems to be keen to exaggerate any negativity he sees because we aren’t as successful now and therefore the players have no right to moan. It’s boring to listen to.
Oh yea, I definitely agree on your larger point. He gives a lot more leeway to his mates.

Fundamentally though, and one thing we have to remember is that he’s an employee of Sky now, and he’ll want to give soundbites as it generates clicks and headlines. Who can forget ‘silent domination’ from years ago. I rate him for his opinions on ESL and against the government but I rarely pay any attention to him when it comes to United now.

People vastly overreact to what he says or what he doesn't say. I think with pundits too often the watcher just wants their own opinion relayed back to them. Of course he has biases and blindspots, maybe stop putting so much stock into what he says.

He'll not say a bad word about "Marcus", he's probably desperate to get him on his interview programme.

Always thought Neville's as slippery as an eel.

At it again this morning

He’s a Man United ex-player, captain and most importantly a fan. It must be very difficult to watch the dross we are currently playing and be impartial. No United fan can suggest we played well against the bottom two teams in the league. It’s worrying.

The only thing I don’t like about Neville is the fact he never criticises English players in our squad, and his persistence of not blaming Ole (though with Rangnick not changing anything maybe he had a point).

He seems to still have the hump that the players got Ole sacked.

You must have heard or read the stories about him being a moaner. This from his fellow players and even Fergie.

I'm not so much bothered about an instance of him lacking a bit of self awarenes. We're all guilty of that.

But I don't particularly like this habit he has of picking up on something minor and turning it into a big deal. Before it being dropped amd never mentioned again. Does it all the time.

Ralf made one comment about body language. Gary jumps on it, makes it a big deal.

Or maybe it's twitter world and the rest of us making it a big deal by giving his opinions so much weight.

Agree or disagree?

Unless they don't know how bad the spread is, ie could playing the game infect the other team etc, agreed.

This is probably in response to Newcastle getting a game called off now their 2 stickers are injured.

Agree or disagree?

Hes 100% correct. Away from the fact that we're dealing with what is largely an inconsequential illness especially among healthy athletes, (ie if they weren't testing most would never ever know they have it) clarity is needed and a line has to be drawn. Newcastle cancellation is just absurd.

Newcastle got the game postponed only because Wilson and Saint Maximin got injured. Trying to delay so they can spend their dirty £

Hes 100% correct. Away from the fact that we're dealing with what is largely an inconsequential illness especially among healthy athletes, (ie if they weren't testing most would never ever know they have it) clarity is needed and a line has to be drawn. Newcastle cancellation is just absurd.
Is this accurate? Genuine question

You don't hear about many of them being that ill in fairness but I doubt there's anything to back that statement up
I ask as a thirty year old healthy male who is currently infected with covid. I’m not dying or anything but it’s pretty horrible :lol: wasn’t sure if I was the odd one out.

Told you it will only take a few bad games before these ex legends said something bad about United. A bit weird don't you think considering how they stood up for Ole for years and thought United were in the right place even when we had worse results and performances. It has come to the point where I'd rather listen to Owen doing an ASMR talking about his horses than listening to Gary talking about United. I'd give the intertim and new manager at least a season (half a season for Ralf) before judging them as I did with LvG, Jose and Ole. That's only fair. Pundits and ex legends don't have fairness, most of them have an agenda. That's all there's to it.

He's spot on, I don't understand why people think there's a conspiracy.

Everyone can see evidence on the pitch of the performances, work ethic and team spirit.

Is this accurate? Genuine question
You don't hear about many of them being that ill in fairness but I doubt there's anything to back that statement up

No there's nothing to back it up only the world health organisation saying 80% of cases are mild or asymptomatic. Now add in youth and health, and in many cases vaccination. 'you don't hear about many of them being ill, but I'm going to call bullshit anyway'

Standing still, giving up on the phase of play, and tossing their arms around in an almighty whinge?

Ronaldo, Rashford did it towards the ref (not his team mates) when he could have carried on playing in a good attacking position vs Newcastle, Martial wouldn't flail his arms but used to do it all the time, where he'd just give up and glare at the team mate. Bruno to his credit would mostly chase until it was a lost cause. That said, he'd still be tossing his arms about. I don't mind him giving it to team mates in the ear to be honest, I really dislike the arm flailing - always have.

Put it this way, if in a work meeting I drop the ball during a presentation, if a teammate came to me and asked me to sort myself out, I'd be fine with it. If anyone of my teammates just glares at me and starts theatrically throwing his arms about with each error, that would be devastating.
I'm a musician in my spare time, and if during a set the same thing happened where I get a verbal bollocking for messing up, fair dos, I do the same. In fact, I do it the most! But if one of our guys stops playing for a couple of seconds and starts throwing their arms up in the air, I'd be really disappointed.
It's almost rather than address me, you're drawing unnecessary attention from everyone.

I guess it has come to the situation where there are so many whingebags in the team, they need pigeon-holing by the nature of their whinges

Everyone can see evidence on the pitch of the performances, work ethic and team spirit.

After three PL games of which we played well in one game, bad in the other and horrible in the third, yet won two and drew one. All this disrupted by covid. He needs to shut the feck up about United and inside stuff. He is not an employee of Manchester United and who is he to order about player meetings etc? Just a pundit.

I guess it has come to the situation where there are so many whingebags in the team, they need pigeon-holing by the nature of their whinges
:lol: :lol: :lol: - went into a bit of detail there because the post I was responding to oddly (IMO) asked which player stops during a phase of play to whinge in the team.

I don't consider team mates running towards each other and giving a verbal shouting at a whinge though.

No there's nothing to back it up only the world health organisation saying 80% of cases are mild or asymptomatic. Now add in youth and health, and in many cases vaccination. 'you don't hear about many of them being ill, but I'm going to call bullshit anyway'
Got a source for this? I can find all kinds of competing claims but not this WHO 80% one.

‘Mild to asymptomatic’ doesn’t really back up what you said though?

Where did I call it bullshit? I said you'd have nothing to back up the statement "most would never ever know they have it" and that was exactly the case.

What's was his deal with refusing to name who he thinks will go down on Sky Sports the other night?
Always trying to look like he's taking the moral high ground. Unnecessary.
Like relegation down?

Didn't see the segment but any chance Newcastle was one of them and he couldn't bring himself to say it after they played us of the park?

Wasnt talking this crap when his mate Ole was manager. Rangnick been in charge for 3 games, and hes already doing this?

‘Mild to asymptomatic’ doesn’t really back up what you said though?
Where did I call it bullshit? I said you'd have nothing to back up the statement "most would never ever know they have it" and that was exactly the case.

Yes it does. Having mild symptoms such as a cough or sniffles in mid winter isn't definitively diagnostic of covid. Players will have played with worse symptoms for their whole careers and cases are being detected by daily testing. That doesn't mean 1 in 5 might not have it rough.