Gary Neville - Pundit

Neville trying too hard to rebuild his lost credibility from the Ole days by picking our two best portugueezers….u know not everyone has to behave British eh? Would be a boring world.

Why he can’t blame the likes of Rashford and Maguire too?

yes we all know Ronaldo doesn’t like to lose points or anything like that but seeing how his body language showed is bit disappointing, instead of shouting and whining at players he should go speak with them and give them some examples like Cavani did with Rashford I guess, although I feel for Ronaldo, no one can deliver him an actual good right pass the whole 100mins, you can’t blame him for that.

He will never offer up any meaningful criticism like this to English players.

So easy to dig out Bruno and Ronaldo. He does the same with Martial, Pogba, De Gea, Fred, Lindelof.

Yet you've heard barely a peep from him about Maguire's horrendous season beyond the odd throwaway sentence, and nothing about Rashford.
I mean tonight he said maguire has had a horrible season and criticised greenwood and rashfords work of the ball while singing the praises of a Uruguayan but carry on

He will never offer up any meaningful criticism like this to English players.

So easy to dig out Bruno and Ronaldo. He does the same with Martial, Pogba, De Gea, Fred, Lindelof.

Yet you've heard barely a peep from him about Maguire's horrendous season beyond the odd throwaway sentence, and nothing about Rashford.
:lol:

What are you on about? Neville called out Maguire by name in the video you quoted (both as a player and as a captain). And he also called out Rashford and Greenwood in other parts of his post-match comments.

The reason Neville's talking about Bruno and Ronaldo is because they're "the two best players". He also heaped tons of praise on both of them at the same time and even said he "loves" Ronaldo.

Neville trying too hard to rebuild his lost credibility from the Ole days by picking our two best portugueezers….u know not everyone has to behave British eh? Would be a boring world.
They're the two best players in the team. Neville has a massive man-crush on both them. His criticism was very specific and, frankly, justified by his own experiences as a young player looking up to the veteran leaders around him.

Why he can’t blame the likes of Rashford and Maguire too?

yes we all know Ronaldo doesn’t like to lose points or anything like that but seeing how his body language showed is bit disappointing, instead of shouting and whining at players he should go speak with them and give them some examples like Cavani did with Rashford I guess, although I feel for Ronaldo, no one can deliver him an actual good right pass the whole 100mins, you can’t blame him for that.
He did.

Are you just following Neville's comments based on Twitter outrage? Because most of that is also made up, just like the accusations you're making in your post.

I think he's spot on about there being something not right in this squad. It's looks like a team of individuals who don't like each other and think every failing is somebody elses fault.
Almost like they need a strong leader, sigh miss saf

Ronaldo going straight down the tunnel last 4 games! - Manager needs to a have a very stern word. Awful to see…..

He realized that if he wanted to win another Balon D'Or coming to us was a huge mistake, and he seems pissed in pretty much every game, today was another scene where he let out his frustration on an opposition player and with a bit less leniency from the ref is getting sent off. I get he hates losing, but he needs to get a grip and reign in his ego because what he is doing right now isn't helping.

He did.

Are you just following Neville's comments based on Twitter outrage? Because most of that is also made up, just like the accusations you're making in your post.
There’s a difference between a couple throw away remarks and a whole segment dedicated to an in-depth analysis of selected players’ attitudes. He’s not even wrong about Ronaldo and Bruno but until he’s willing to spend as much time on the underperforming British players as he does on the foreign ones, people will continue to call out his bias.

This isn't news with Ronaldo. He's always been like this. So not sure why Gary is highlighting it now.

On Bruno, whatever the moaning, he puts a shift in. As he did again tonight.

Yeah, I’m a big fan of Bruno but his constant whinging is getting tiresome. Ronaldo’s body language is shocking too.
I’m kind of torn on this one. I want our players to care, I want them to demand each other be better and there were a few times I was screaming for someone to see Ronaldo’s run only for them to pass sideways or backwards and you could see how pissed he was getting. Ref pressure if part of football, I don’t agree with it but it’s what Pool do, it’s a what City do, you have to be constantly on them. We’re still a bit weak as a team in the whole ‘dark arts’ regard, just think if Sancho is clever and plays for the foul, any contact whatsoever from Dubvracka (and there was contact) he goes down gets a peno and we likely win 2-1 after a terrible performance.

Issue for Bruno and Ronaldo is they can moan all they want when they’re leading by example but both were poor and, my goodness, Bruno’s long hoofs really have to stop.

What are you on about? Neville called out Maguire by name in the video you quoted (both as a player and as a captain). And he also called out Rashford and Greenwood in other parts of his post-match comments.

Couple of throwaway comments in the middle of an entire segment criticising Ronaldo and Bruno.

With the lowlight compilation Maguire has delivered this season, and doing it as captain, there's no way we wouldn't have had an extended MNF analysis shitting on him if he didn't have a British passport and hadn't done work with Neville on The Overlap.

Fair enough, all journalists have biases and most are going to give preferential coverage to players they have a working relationship with...but it definitely makes me take his criticisms with a pinch of salt.

There’s a difference between a couple throw away remarks and a whole segment dedicated to an in-depth analysis of selected players’ attitudes. He’s not even wrong about Ronaldo and Bruno but until he’s willing to spend as much time on the underperforming British players as he does on the foreign ones, people will continue to call out his bias.
What's more worrying is your desire for British United players to be raked over the coals. You've given yourself away here.

I actually agree with him. The whole feeling sorry and wallowing in your own pity on the pitch is just not helpful at all, and Bruno and Ronaldo are awful at it.
And you've got to imagine the atmosphere in the dressing room when they all get in is going to be like. Arms crossed huffing and comments.

What's more worrying is your desire for British United players to be raked over the coals. You've given yourself away here.

What are you even on about. Just so I know, is it ever ok to criticise a British player in your opinion? Judging by your posts I’d guess not. Literally ever post of yours is a poorly veiled attempt to protect our Brits. You’ve given yourself away here. If you can show me a post of yours which you’ve ever said anything negative about one of our British players I’d be surprised.

Jones on for Varane
That goal was Henderson's fault for not putting enough pressure on De Gea.
Maguire has bailed out Varane several times this match.
Brilliant pass from McTominay. He's played well so far.

Couple of throwaway comments in the middle of an entire segment criticising Ronaldo and Bruno.

With the lowlight compilation Maguire has delivered this season, and doing it as captain, there's no way we wouldn't have had an extended MNF analysis shitting on him if he didn't have a British passport and hadn't done work with Neville on The Overlap.

Fair enough, all journalists have biases and most are going to give preferential coverage to players they have a working relationship with...but it definitely makes me take his criticisms with a pinch of salt.
Listen to the entire segment. He says just as many positive things about Bruno and Ronaldo as he does negative things.

The point today was about attitude of the leaders. Neville basically hung Maguire out to dry by saying he isn't the real captain. And that if he'd beena young player in that team, he'd be looking at the two best players in the team for guidance, ie. none of the British players.

Unless you think the two best players in the team are anybody other than Bruno and Ronaldo, what else should Neville say? The difference with somebody like Rashford and Greenwood is that neither of those two were effing and blinding and gesticulating at his teammates. That's why they got highlighted.

The different players that begged for different analyses. Nothing to do with passports unless you want to twist it into that.

What are you even on about. Just so I know, is it ever ok to criticise a British player in your opinion? Judging by your posts I’d guess not. Literally ever post of yours is a poorly veiled attempt to protect our Brits. You’ve given yourself away here. If you can show me a post of yours which you’ve ever said anything negative about one of our British players I’d be surprised.
You seem to be prone to imagining British bias all over the place.

Wanting to see United players criticised, regardless of nationality, is a shitty way to support the club.

He did.

Did what? Couple of words and then switched to Ronaldo and Bruno? Or you just defending blindly here?

You seem to be prone to imagining British bias all over the place.

Wanting to see United players criticised, regardless of nationality, is a shitty way to support the club.
Actually I don’t wish for any player to be criticised but i for damn sure expect impartiality, particularly from those with an influential voice like Neville. Don’t try and tell me how to support the club, fans like you are the reason for so much divisiveness within the fanbase. Agenda central.

Did what? Couple of words and then switched to Ronaldo and Bruno? Or you just defending blindly here?
Neville criticised Ronaldo and Bruno's performances just as much as he did Maguire and Rashford's.

The later comments about Ronaldo and Bruno undermining their teammates on the pitch was a separate point.

I haven’t watched Sky tonight, but he’s far better in the studio than on commentary. He gets more time to form his opinions and analysis, whereas on comms he’s too emotional and just seems to rant.
Indeed.

I think this applies, though maybe to a lesser extent, to most of the pundits who are pressed into doing co-commentary.

Actually I don’t wish for any player to be criticised but i for damn sure expect impartiality, particularly from those with an influential voice like Neville. Don’t try and tell me how to support the club, fans like you are the reason for so much divisiveness within the fanbase. Agenda central.
Your anti-British agenda is a big part of the toxicity of the online fanbase.

Neville criticised every single player who stormed off after the final whistle equally and impartially.

Neville criticised Ronaldo and Bruno's performances just as much as he did Maguire and Rashford's.

The later comments about Ronaldo and Bruno undermining their teammates on the pitch was a separate point.
IMO everyone is to blame here even the manager so I can’t defend anyone to be honest. But Ronaldo on a different note he is always like that and of course you have to feel his frustration tonight, imagine in the whole game not one single correct pass or cross was delivered to him! Insane.

I totally felt for Neville tonight, because he was feeling how a lot of supporter's of our club were feeling...

and that feeling was absolute dejection.

I am in a majority here when I say that tonight's performance was abysmal.

Do these players not realise how fortunate they are to be wearing the badge of Manchester United?

Neville's eyes were filling up. It matters to United supporters. It matters to match-going fans who spend their money to follow the club all over the country.

The attitude of the players tonight was something else, and it needs addressing immediately.

Your anti-British agenda is a big part of the toxicity of the online fanbase.
Don’t make me laugh :lol: show me one post of mine that’s anti British. As far as I can recall I’ve defended Greenwood, Rashford, Shaw, Wan Bisakka at length. Even with Maguire tonight I tried to add context to the discussion by raising the possibility of burnout. Some of us are capable of being impartial whilst pointing out the discrepancy in criticism between sections of our players.
Now show me a post where you’ve been remotely negative about one of our British players. You post a lot on here so it shouldn’t be hard, I know it won’t be difficult to find you going in on our foreign players.

I totally felt for Neville tonight, because he was feeling how a lot of supporter's of our club were feeling...

and that feeling was absolute dejection.

I am in a majority here when I say that tonight's performance was abysmal.

Do these players not realise how fortunate they are to be wearing the badge of Manchester United?

Neville's eyes were filling up. It matters to United supporters. It matters to match-going fans who spend their money to follow the club all over the country.

The attitude of the players tonight was something else, and it needs addressing immediately.
Agree 100%

He keeps mentioning the moaning and whinging as if it’s a massive problem with this group. The sane group he said he liked up to a few months ago.

Every team will show disappointment when a pass goes wrong or a mistake is made. For every time Bruno and Ronaldo show their frustration they will also encourage and give a thumbs up.

But if Gary says it, then it must be true and a large portion of fans will take it as gospel.

Don’t make me laugh :lol: show me one post of mine that’s anti British. As far as I can recall I’ve defended Greenwood, Rashford, Shaw, Wan Bisakka at length. Even with Maguire tonight I tried to add context to the discussion by raising the possibility of burnout. Some of us are capable of being impartial whilst pointing out the discrepancy in criticism between sections of our players.
Now show me a post where you’ve been remotely negative about one of our British players. You post a lot on here so it shouldn’t be hard, I know it won’t be difficult to find you going in on our foreign players.
@Dante I’m waiting??? Or did you just make up a baseless accusation because you hand no other response?

Neville is such a fecking click-bait merchant, always talking as if he's an extension of the fans yet his actions and words are totally removed from everybody else.

Neville is such a fecking click-bait merchant, always talking as if he's an extension of the fans yet his actions and words are totally removed from everybody else.
Are they really though? People have been complaining about Bruno moaning for ages now, people have been complaining about lack of effort of everyone off the ball for ages now, that maguire has been shite for ages now.

Everything he said last night. What is it you take issue with?

The irony is Neville is literally referred to by all his former team mates as the most moany player they ever played with and he never shut up on the pitch. Difference is simply when you win people say it’s passion and it’s positive but if you play badly and lose, it’s simple old moaning.

We have bigger issues to worry about than Ronaldo and Bruno’s not being happy that we’re playing crap. I’d rather see all the players having a pop at each other than then just sulking and wilting into themselves for 90mins.

The irony is Neville is literally referred to by all his former team mates as the most moany player they ever played with and he never shut up on the pitch. Difference is simply when you win people say it’s passion and it’s positive but if you play badly and lose, it’s simple old moaning.

We have bigger issues to worry about than Ronaldo and Bruno’s not being happy that we’re playing crap. I’d rather see all the players having a pop at each other than then just sulking and wilting into themselves for 90mins.

100% this! Good job Ronaldo and Bruno for not accepting this performance as normal, hopefully they kicked off in the changing room too

100% this! Good job Ronaldo and Bruno for not accepting this performance as normal, hopefully they kicked off in the changing room too
Sulking at your teammates when you're the stars and they're younger and looking to you is not good. It isn't like Ronaldo or Bruno could point to their own performances recently to justify sulking with anyone.

Bruno and Ronaldo are part of the problem. Being shouted at and spoken down to by your peers when they are just as poor isn't going to help anyone. If they put in a Keane-like performance, leading by example, then fair enough, have a go at others.

Bruno fecking means at everyone even when it's not their fault. He had a go a greenwood about 5mins in when it was ronaldos bad pass to mase that killed the attack.

He wasn't doing it as much when he was playing well and it looked at lot more like constructive criticism but now it looks like he's just snapping at everyone and everything.