Gary Neville - Pundit

He wasn't angry at ralf tonight

OGS had about as many seasons as Rangnick has had games so one deserves a pass and one didn't. Nevilled comment that the players "got" Ole sacked seemed to just absolve him of all blame.

Same as in this game. Rangnick seems to be getting a pass.

If you think Keane gave Ole a pass, I assume you don't have access to a TV.

He also knew Kane from when he worked for England, and got pelters for suggesting that Kane should have been red carded.

Didn't he give Ole a pass? He always blamed the players instead. Granted, that's his thing. He basically sees the manager as irrelevant to the result and thinks every match is a test of the player's masculinity and bottle.

Admitting Kane deserved a red isn't proof of not being biased, its proof of not being blind.

Not sure on your point?

Neville was unlikely to suggest that Rashford should be subbed as he knows him better than Greenwood. It's why Rashfords appalling form isn't really discussed by pundits.

OGS had about as many seasons as Rangnick has had games so one deserves a pass and one didn't. Nevilled comment that the players "got" Ole sacked seemed to just absolve him of all blame.

Didn't he give Ole a pass? He always blamed the players instead. Granted, that's his thing. He basically sees the manager as irrelevant to the result and thinks every match is a test of the player's masculinity and bottle.

Admitting Kane deserved a red isn't proof of not being biased, its proof of not being blind.

Neville was unlikely to suggest that Rashford should be subbed as he knows him better than Greenwood. It's why Rashfords appalling form isn't really discussed by pundits.
I mean he absolutely sung greenwood's praises pre game saying he has to start every game. Anything at half time was based purely on that 45 mins.

About 5 minutes into the game we had a counter and Ronaldo played a bad pass to Mason and it slowed the counter, mase had to do back. Bruno then yapped at Mason and Mason gave him some back.

Nice to see nev call that sort of thing out.

Critical of Ronaldo for not applauding the fans after the game and storming off.

He’s saying a lot here, and massively concerning about the underlying tone of the dressing room.

The body language and whinging seems to be aimed at Bruno and Ronaldo and their impact on the younger players.

Seems to have weird agendas against certain players then makes it ‘more than football’ when discussing them. Clearly has issues with Ronaldo

Critical of Ronaldo for not applauding the fans after the game and storming off.

He’s saying a lot here, and massively concerning about the underlying tone of the dressing room.

The body language and whinging seems to be aimed at Bruno and Ronaldo and their impact on the younger players.
Sounds like he’s got the inside scoop from Ole. Very concerning.

Ronaldo going straight down the tunnel last 4 games! - Manager needs to a have a very stern word. Awful to see…..

I think he's spot on about there being something not right in this squad. It's looks like a team of individuals who don't like each other and think every failing is somebody elses fault.

He isn't going to say nicer things about our manager unless the manager is a friend of him.

I would mute him until Summer.

Ronaldo going straight down the tunnel last 4 games! - Manager needs to a have a very stern word. Awful to see…..

Surely it’s a droppable offence. It’s not like he’s a young lad that doesn’t know any better, he’s absolving himself of all responsibility by storming off.

Given he seemingly saying all these other players need to be in the squad and that second half system was absolutely wild.... his real opinion without absolutely outright saying it is well, yeah, not starting Ronaldo isn't it? :lol:

I'm not sure I can disagree. The goals he's getting are coming at the cost of the others not getting them, Bruno's whinging because he's not the main man, Greenwood/Sancho seem scared of these two having a go at them as Nev just said... Cavani's not getting enough time even when fit.

Seems to have weird agendas against certain players then makes it ‘more than football’ when discussing them. Clearly has issues with Ronaldo
No he doesn't. He wasn't a fan of his attitude but also says he has to play, there's no issue there

He's been spot on about pretty much everything in the studio.

I haven’t watched Sky tonight, but he’s far better in the studio than on commentary. He gets more time to form his opinions and analysis, whereas on comms he’s too emotional and just seems to rant.

He isn't going to say nicer things about our manager unless the manager is a friend of him.

Did you already have him on mute? Because he actually said it was right to sack Ole and heavilty criticised the players, I don't think he even mentioned Ralf. Seems like you have a bit of an agenda against him.

I read he does it most games since playing for Madrid because of pitch invaders. There was another tonight just before the end and has been several already this season.

I don’t know how true that is though. It’s not a great look.

I actually agree with him. The whole feeling sorry and wallowing in your own pity on the pitch is just not helpful at all, and Bruno and Ronaldo are awful at it.

He's said a lot of nice things about Rangnick when we were playing well. Absolutely gushing.

But today, in his own words, he said "it's nothing to do with the manager".

I think you must've muted Neville for ages, because you don't seem to have any idea.

He's said a lot of nice things about Rangnick when we were playing well. Absolutely gushing.

I think you must've muted Neville for ages, because you don't seem to have any idea.

Absolute madness how people just make stuff up...

Did you already have him on mute? Because he actually said it was right to sack Ole and heavilty criticised the players, I don't think he even mentioned Ralf. Seems like you have a bit of an agenda against him.

Yeah, he has been on mute for ages . Always find number of reasons to criticise the players. Can't stand him anymore. Sorry, if thats hurting to anyone.

Would fit in well with that undwerwhelming bunch of players we have

Yep. It would be back to players firmly in control.
Pochettino believes that he cannot stress the players’ bodies or minds. Some managers stick to pre-match schedules partly as a comfort to themselves, so that they can say they ticked every box. Not Pochettino.

Pochettino gives them freedom. For example, players at some clubs have to sign up to a code of conduct but not at Tottenham. Pochettino will not fine a player for being a couple of minutes late or wearing the wrong clothing. To him, it is important that they have the framework to express themselves.

That's before you get to his freeballing 'tactics', his weird beliefs in energies and crystals and - above all - how fecking dull he is.

He will never offer up any meaningful criticism like this to English players.

So easy to dig out Bruno and Ronaldo. He does the same with Martial, Pogba, De Gea, Fred, Lindelof.

Yet you've heard barely a peep from him about Maguire's horrendous season beyond the odd throwaway sentence, and nothing about Rashford.

He will never offer up any meaningful criticism like this to English players.

So easy to dig out Bruno and Ronaldo. He does the same with Martial, Pogba, De Gea, Fred, Lindelof.

Yet you've heard barely a peep from him about Maguire's horrendous season beyond the odd throwaway sentence, and nothing about Rashford.
This is why his criticism lacks credibility for me.