Gary Neville - Pundit

I’m expecting him to say, “Liverpool’s defending has been awful”, because it has. Strangely though, he won’t

Utter nonsense.

He has. He spent the first half saying how vulnerable they were without VVD. And literally opened the second half saying Spurs will be happy the Liverpool back four is unchanged.

Utter nonsense.

He has. He spent the first half saying how vulnerable they were without VVD. And literally opened the second half saying Spurs will be happy the Liverpool back four is unchanged.
That’s very different to saying they’re playing poorly. If it was United he’d have been tearing the players a new hole each.

Kind of sick of hearing how a mad game is a great game of football from him. Klopp is not happy and both sides have dropped points.

Kind of sick of hearing how a mad game is a great game of football from him. Klopp is not happy and both sides have dropped points.
Agreed it was a chaotic game with lot of errors great spectacle yes but hardly a great game .

Yeah there’s a big difference between great and entertaining in today’s case. It’s great for the neutral as there’s plenty going on. But neither set of fans will be filled with encouragement with many parts of their sides performance.

That’s very different to saying they’re playing poorly. If it was United he’d have been tearing the players a new hole each.

It's not really that different, you're looking for reasons to be annoyed. If he's harsher on united then I could hazard a guess as to why? Would you like a clue?

Last edited:
Yeah there’s a big difference between great and entertaining in today’s case. It’s great for the neutral as there’s plenty going on. But neither set of fans will be filled with encouragement with many parts of their sides performance.

Spurs fans will be massively encouraged with lots of things from their performance.

Spurs fans will be massively encouraged with lots of things from their performance.
Id probably feel the same after a game like that if it was United involved. But it was so hectic and there was ridiculous space for them to exploit. I don’t know if that’s representative of what they’ll come up against in the next matches.

That right back of theirs is Aurier 2.0 too. He’ll cost them more points than he wins them in the long run.

It's not really that different, you're looking for reasons to be annoyed. If he's harsher on united then I could hazard a guess as to why? Would you like a clue?
No, and I’m not annoyed. Gary’s a weird bloke but he’s far from the worst commentator

Id probably feel the same after a game like that if it was United involved. But it was so hectic and there was ridiculous space for them to exploit. I don’t know if that’s representative of what they’ll come up against in the next matches.

That right back of theirs is Aurier 2.0 too. He’ll cost them more points than he wins them in the long run.

That's the key Pool's insistence on playing highline with no midfield control made Spurs job easier but after Robertson's red card Pool became bit circumspect and Spurs didn't have much joy .
It would be interesting to see how Spurs would do in the games where onus would be on them to force the issue I think they would struggle .

There was a moment where he mentioned Roberto Carlos and Cafu and then said that Trent and Robertson have taken it to a new level.

There was a moment where he mentioned Roberto Carlos and Cafu and then said that Trent and Robertson have taken it to a new level.
He said they have taken it to a new level in this league. Plus, as much as I hate them scum, if you look at their output, it's far beyond anything we've seen from a Full back partnership on a consistent basis. Carlos and Cafu played for their national team so their sample size with regards to consistency as a pair doesn't really compare with these 2 cnuts.

He said they have taken it to a new level in this league. Plus, as much as I hate them scum, if you look at their output, it's far beyond anything we've seen from a Full back partnership on a consistent basis. Carlos and Cafu played for their national team so their sample size with regards to consistency as a pair doesn't really compare with these 2 cnuts.
The more attacking they have gotten, the more exposed they are at the back. It’s not a great balance at all. Players like Ashley Cole and Evra had that down to a T.
I’ve said it before but they might benefit from a less attacking output from the FBs and focus on defending to catch City up. They’ll have too many games where they drop silly points to compete with City.

The more attacking they have gotten, the more exposed they are at the back. It’s not a great balance at all. Players like Ashley Cole and Evra had that down to a T.
I’ve said it before but they might benefit from a less attacking output from the FBs and focus on defending to catch City up. They’ll have too many games where they drop silly points to compete with City.
One can only hope. :drool:

I agree with what you're saying by the way, but in a team that scores loads of goals, and them being their primary creative outlet, the focus from the media will always be more on their offensive capabilities as opposed to defensive ones.

Cafu & Roberto Carlos will be in the conversation as the best RB and LB of all time, and have won big big trophies, and shown consistency throughout their career.

Trent isn’t even the best RB in the PL. Same with Robertson.

This fawning over Liverpool’s players is getting to nauseating levels now. Let’s see where they end up when they hang up their boots.

One can only hope. :drool:

I agree with what you're saying by the way, but in a team that scores loads of goals, and them being their primary creative outlet, the focus from the media will always be more on their offensive capabilities as opposed to defensive ones.
I honestly can’t understand where the lack of pressure on Liverpool comes from. It seems they just piggy back City’s consistent success and are forever grouped with them as the elite sides in England. Even posts on here about how they have the fear factor of SAF Utd or always get the late winning goals to grind out wins like champions. They aren’t champions very often and have as many League wins under Klopp as Leicester under Ranieri. It’s City who are the elite side in England, Liverpool aren’t close.
That translates to on the pitch as well. It’s clear as day Klopp has to rejig the side a little bit to kick it on behind City but apparently Trent will get 100 assists this year they’ll make up for his defensive lapses and Salah will score 200 goals.
It’s the same way Chelsea having CDMs and Wing backs as top scorers isn’t ideal for
taking on City and we are seeing how that is playing out. Wolves game, Villa game, tonight, Brighton, West Ham. The hard fought wars will little control is suddenly grinding down on them.

I honestly can’t understand where the lack of pressure on Liverpool comes from. It seems they just piggy back City’s consistent success and are forever grouped with them as the elite sides in England. Even posts on here about how they have the fear factor of SAF Utd or always get the late winning goals to grind out wins like champions. They aren’t champions very often and have as many League wins under Klopp as Leicester under Ranieri. It’s City who are the elite side in England, Liverpool aren’t close.

They are overrated a little (during the season they won the league, people kept talking about how they'd been the main challengers to City for 3 years which included the year we finished above them in second :wenger:) but they are now one of the elite sides in England. You're forgetting them being champions of Europe.

People are so desperate to hate our former players. Some of the complaints in here are nothing short of pathetic.

‘’Allison who has been absolutely outstanding’’ … he says after Son scores to make it 2-2.

What? :lol: :lol: :lol:

He has made 3 blunders to date and was at fault for the goal.
This really was something else. Okay fair enough he has his opinions as a pundit, but that wasn't about opinion. You have to be blind to say Allison was outstanding.

They are overrated a little (during the season they won the league, people kept talking about how they'd been the main challengers to City for 3 years which included the year we finished above them in second :wenger:) but they are now one of the elite sides in England. You're forgetting them being champions of Europe.
And that’s a great achievement but that was all within 12 months. They aren’t serial winners and they don’t seem to stand up on their own. There’s nothing SAF about it when they score late, theyre more Wenger Arsenal than Utd and even then they aren’t as good imo.
Honestly, I have never seen a side be as successful as City having their status shared by a club they finish ahead of every season bar 1. No chat of what does Klopp have to do to catch City etc. if they finish a comfortable second but well behind City then it’ll be seen as continued success and I just got don’t understand it. It should be a bloodbath to win the league

Last edited:
He's a bit of a knob really. Said Kane should've been sent off earlier just because Klopp was upset.

Kean should have been sent off. All the studs showing, sliding out of control into someone's ankle - who if they hadn't leaped out of the way could have been properly injured. Every aspect of the tackle satisfied the requirement for a red card.

Not happy in the studio, pretty much sums up fan feeling with the players after the showing.
He’s spot on. Manager can only do so much. If the players can’t pass the ball or control then that’s on them.

I like seeing him get angry, shame he never said much like it when Ole was in charge.

He's bang on with everything he said.

His comment on the subs

“easy ones to sub”

I agree with that, I expected Rashford to come off but that’s more difficult than Rashford.

He did. Lots of times. You can find plenty of clips on Youtube.

He got angry but never at Ole. He got a pass. Keane was the same. Anything that went wrong was the fault of the players while everything that worked was the manager.

His comment on the subs

“easy ones to sub”

I agree with that, I expected Rashford to come off but that’s more difficult than Rashford.

Iirc he knows Rashford from when he worked for England.

It was rare and really only after big defeats Everton, Spurs, Liverpool.
As opposed to the seasons when we finished 3rd and then 2nd?

It sounds like you have an agenda that extends past actual performances, and into something personal.

He got angry but never at Ole. He got a pass. Keane was the same. Anything that went wrong was the fault of the players while everything that worked was the manager.
Same as in this game. Rangnick seems to be getting a pass.

If you think Keane gave Ole a pass, I assume you don't have access to a TV.
Iirc he knows Rashford from when he worked for England.
He also knew Kane from when he worked for England, and got pelters for suggesting that Kane should have been red carded.