Gareth Southgate

The players also need to take a look at themselves, we can’t just blame Southgate for this. They have way more skill and quality to be playing far better than this.

He's incomprehensibly bad. The silver lining is that he likely won't be managing England beyond this tournament.

I don't think I'll ever be able to comprehend what the man is thinking. My working hypothesis is that the man is so scared of losing his job that he plays it ultra safe.

He's bad, we all know it. But I have to say I'm surprised how the narrative has been to blame him from the first game, even from pundits etc. It's not normally so negative so soon with England, but from day dot they've been on his case.

Against Serbia the first half was OK, but as soon as the second half started to shape up worse, they were all over him.

He's shit isn't he?

He's bad, we all know it. But I have to say I'm surprised how the narrative has been to blame him from the first game, even from pundits etc. It's not normally so negative so soon with England, but from day dot they've been on his case.

Against Serbia the first half was OK, but as soon as the second half started to shape up worse, they were all over him.

cos we’ve played this abject shit on a stick football for the last 12 months. we’d failed to win i about 5 beforehand and barely scored a goal.

It's crazy, every time Slovenia get the ball, England drops so deep. He's so negative. A poor man's Deschamps.

cos we’ve played this abject shit on a stick football for the last 12 months. we’d failed to win i about 5 beforehand and barely scored a goal.

England are always shit though. And it's never doom and gloom from the start. I'm usually telling people we'll be shit and will go out at the first hurdle whilst they're trying to convince me we'll go far :lol: I've not had to say anything this year.

He's paid £5 million a year for this big nothing? Classic Southgate, clueless, timid, hyper cautious, fearful and brittle, utterly lacking in charisma, incapable of inspiring and motivating, about as much sparkle as an old spud.

Needs to Grow a pair and drop Gallagher, foden, saka for good.

We look so much better with Gordon, Palmer, mainoo.

Does anyone think Gareth Southgate allows himself a treat of fizzy water or does he stick with still?

Needs to Grow a pair and drop Gallagher, foden, saka for good.

We look so much better with Gordon, Palmer, mainoo.

Needs to drop Bellingham. Apart from a solid half against Serbia, he’s been strolling around more than Pogba at his worst.

Next game Foden will start in the left wing again. Mainoo probably won the starting spot today.

The team was overrated before the tournament as always, but he’s not done himself any favours.

His luck is absolutely unbelievable. Has there ever been a manager so jammy with draws? Drew the easiest group you could ask for, managed to beat only Serbia and now won't meet a group winner until the semi-final at the earliest.

The one plus point of him managing United is that if we ever got to the CL knockouts, we'd be playing Hamilton Academical.

The team was overrated before the tournament as always, but he’s not done himself any favours.
Nah, many of these players have achieved a lot at club level, that doesn’t happen if you are poor. The system and and coaching is the issue.

To think the worst manager in the Euro’s is most likely the highest paid

His luck is absolutely unbelievable. Has there ever been a manager so jammy with draws? Drew the easiest group you could ask for, managed to beat only Serbia and now won't meet a group winner until the semi-final at the earliest.

The one plus point of him managing United is that if we ever got to the CL knockouts, we'd be playing Hamilton Academical.

Winning the easiest group having scored 2 goals in total, 1 goal against, is fantastic stuff

Is the semi final bit true? Bit mad that can be true when you have 8 group winners potentially playing the QFs, that's half the teams. They should just do automated draws after the Round of 16.

Nah, many of these players have achieved a lot at club level, that doesn’t happen if you are poor. The system and and coaching is the issue.

The system is poor but we have very good player in similar positions. I’d say GK and CBs are poor. No natural DM. All LW out of form. Significant drop in quality after Kane upfront.

Even if players are overrated he should should be blamed for not changing some players and also tactics. He can't be that stubborn with Rice and Bellingham. Two elephants in the room.

Is the semi final bit true? Bit mad that can be true when you have 8 group winners potentially playing the QFs, that's half the teams. They should just do automated draws after the Round of 16.

Yeah, they play a 3rd place team next, then the winner of two second place teams (Italy/Switzerland) in the QF.

Even though I knew we were wasting this tournament (and the previous World Cup) on him, thus refraining from getting my hopes up, it's still an absolute pain seeing him manage us.

If this isn't his last tournament then there really is no hope. Football will never complete its tour of the world and finally come home.

That doesn’t really mean anything. They’re certainly not poor, it’s just the usual England hype train doing its job again.

Southgate masterclass. Wins the group, gets on the "easy" side of the bracket and has a full squad of players who are all completely fresh for the knockout games on account of not having made a single run in three games.