Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... to confirm...

When Jose said we were in for Bale, should he not start, it was purely mind games and nonsense.

However, when he says it's "Game over", that is 100% gospel?

Let's not forget, Should Mbappe sign, then Bale is arguably their 5th choice attacker after Mbappe, Ronaldo, Benzema and Isco.

Also - If Madrid's hierarchy want rid of somebody, they get rid of them. The rumours etc have already started in Marca.

I'm not saying this is happening, but there is as much chance of it happening today than there was yesterday.

So... to confirm...

When Jose said we were in for Bale, should he not start, it was purely mind games and nonsense.

However, when he says it's "Game over", that is 100% gospel?

Let's not forget, Should Mbappe sign, then Bale is arguably their 5th choice attacker after Mbappe, Ronaldo, Benzema and Isco.

Also - If Madrid's hierarchy want rid of somebody, they get rid of them. The rumours etc have already started in Marca.

I'm not saying this is happening, but there is as much chance of it happening today than there was yesterday.
Maybe he was looking for some complicity.To provoke Bale to act like Morata, demanding an exit.

He wasn't going to come even if he didn't play. We all saw him yesterday, he finds it thrilling to play for Madrid.

Every interview I've seen bale asked the same question and he's had the same response: he doesn't want to leave. Even if Madrid get a shiny new toy, I honestly get the vibe that Bale would be happy enough to stay there anyway and simply do his bit when needed. He's not coming, ever.

Mourinho's comment 'game over' confirms that we have seriously pursued Bale this summer and were ready to buy him, if Madrid decided to sell him.

That confirms a few things:

1) why we haven't bought a winger yet, as he was our first option.
2) Glazers still prepared to invest alot more funds.

I'd expect Perisic or another to join us very soon to close our transfer business.
Yup, especially after Di Marzio confirmed we made no approach for Perisic after June 30th. If we were chasing him all summer then I could understand if people thought he was our main target, but it looks pretty clear we thought Bale was at least half attainable. Just a shame we've left it so late.

I don't think Jose saying its off means it won't happen, but yes it is definitely not imminent. I am so happy that we are not handling this amateurishly in this case like we did with Ramos and Di Maria. We have put the onus on Bale (and Real Madrid) to move forward rather than us blindly courting him.

I'm saying if Lukaku is worth 85, surely Bale is worth 100? Bale would be an immense addition to your attacking play. I think he would also thrive in a role as the big name player in a squad. He was immense in that role for Wales in 2016, I think he'd be immense at United. Would love to see him at here.

But, meh, opinions :)

I don't think Jose saying its off means it won't happen, but yes it is definitely not imminent. I am so happy that we are not handling this amateurishly in this case like we did with Ramos and Di Maria. We have put the onus on Bale (and Real Madrid) to move forward rather than us blindly courting him.

Ramos was an absolute master stroke. They were trying to low ball us on De Gea who only had a year left on his contract. We then low balled them on Ramos and got the reply "no way are you getting Ramos for less than €100m"... and we shrugged our shoulders and said "well actually he's only got a year left on his contract". It was a brilliant move to link the two transfers and it gave Madrid absolutely no negotiation position because anything they said to push up the Ramos fee or dismiss his transfer was used against them with De Gea.

They also then had to offer him a crazy big new contract because we had "offered" him loads of money and that cut into their finances too. There was nothing amateurish about our persuit of Ramos, the whole thing was constructed to make things difficult for Madrid.

Every interview I've seen bale asked the same question and he's had the same response: he doesn't want to leave. Even if Madrid get a shiny new toy, I honestly get the vibe that Bale would be happy enough to stay there anyway and simply do his bit when needed. He's not coming, ever.
I agree with this. He is happy in Madrid.

No reason for him to leave for us when he is winning European trophies almost every year. Looking at the state of other teams in Europe(after Neymar transfer), Madrid do have a strong chance to win the 3rd CL. He would want to win 3 in a row with them I think.

Is it me or do Real rate Benzema as a more important player than Bale. I know he's a striker and Bale's a winger but if I had to move one to accomodate Mbappe, it wouldn't be Bale.

Mou is clearly putting pressure on Bale and Real. Bale will probably stay and fight for his place but when Ronaldo returns and if Real sign Mbappe then Real might be tempted by a big offer. This deal is still on but is unlikely to happen.

Is it me or do Real rate Benzema as a more important player than Bale. I know he's a striker and Bale's a winger but if I had to move one to accomodate Mbappe, it wouldn't be Bale.
His link up play is rated highly by Real, but Bale is the better player who is playing in a different position.

Ramos was an absolute master stroke. They were trying to low ball us on De Gea who only had a year left on his contract. We then low balled them on Ramos and got the reply "no way are you getting Ramos for less than €100m"... and we shrugged our shoulders and said "well actually he's only got a year left on his contract". It was a brilliant move to link the two transfers and it gave Madrid absolutely no negotiation position because anything they said to push up the Ramos fee or dismiss his transfer was used against them with De Gea.

They also then had to offer him a crazy big new contract because we had "offered" him loads of money and that cut into their finances too. There was nothing amateurish about our persuit of Ramos, the whole thing was constructed to make things difficult for Madrid.
Yup, and it appears they still haven't forgiven us after the whole Morata thing.

Was pleased with how that ended up, despite many being pissed that we didn't land Ramos. It seemed clear when the smoke cleared that we never seriously expected to get him anyway and were using him to play Madrid at their own game.

I don't understand why Mourinho himself makes the assumption that if Bale plays the Super Cup then Real won't sell him. This game has no effect on him staying or leaving.

I don't understand why Mourinho himself makes the assumption that if Bale plays the Super Cup then Real won't sell him. This game has no effect on him staying or leaving.
While I agree that it's not a reflection on Real's position; I do think it is representative of Zidane's thoughts.

They're both strikers and we value Benzema more because we have Cristiano

They're both strikers and we value Benzema more because we have Cristiano
Meaning what exactly? Bale offers something too similar to Ronaldo (albeit to a lesser degree) compared to Benzema?

Yes that may be true, but we did fail to get a replacement CB either. Basically I don't want us to be used by Bale to increase his negotiation power with Real Madrid, or for Real Madrid to flog us their unwanted players at astronomical prices who are themselves not keen to play with us.

Meaning what exactly? Bale offers something too similar to Ronaldo (albeit to a lesser degree) compared to Benzema?

Bale is essentially Ronaldo lite.

Benzema and Ronaldo have a far better understanding together and Benzema's link-up play is better than Bale's. So the two are a better partnership than Ronaldo-Bale would be.

I'm saying if Lukaku is worth 85, surely Bale is worth 100? Bale would be an immense addition to your attacking play. I think he would also thrive in a role as the big name player in a squad. He was immense in that role for Wales in 2016, I think he'd be immense at United. Would love to see him at here.

But, meh, opinions :)

The top level game has gone beyond the advantage of having individual quality letting him do whatever he wants on the pitch. Bale would smash the minnows , but not top level european teams.

Sad thing is he'd immediately be our star attacking player. At Real he's a bench player.

Sad? Maybe but it's not unexpected. When Talent like him was being hoovered up we were trying to bed in Cleverly, help Giggs achieve martyrdom on the pitch and hope Nan would finally develop.

RvP and the magic of SAF covered up what was a weak team starting to go down hill. Moyes wasted what was left in the tank with our great senior players and since then we've been playing catch up.

Sad? Maybe but it's not unexpected. When Talent like him was being hoovered up we were trying to bed in Cleverly, help Giggs achieve martyrdom on the pitch and hope Nan would finally develop.

RvP and the magic of SAF covered up what was a weak team starting to go down hill. Moyes wasted what was left in the tank with our great senior players and since then we've been playing catch up.

Because we stopped spending big when the prices shot up, because fergie was against it.

Isco wil take his place any way, bale is not the one we should target.

Who then?

You can't honestly be suggesting Isco? No chance we would get him.

I'm beginning to think that Perisic is probably more our level at this time, attracting one of the biggest names just isn't going to happen atm.

Yep

Btw should make it clear, it's the coaches who seem to value karim more. Perez values bale more and the fans...both players divide opinion

Bale is essentially Ronaldo lite.

Benzema and Ronaldo have a far better understanding together and Benzema's link-up play is better than Bale's. So the two are a better partnership than Ronaldo-Bale would be.

Yep

Btw should make it clear, it's the coaches who seem to value karim more. Perez values bale more and the fans...both players divide opinion

Ah, that's what I thought. Fair enough

The top level game has gone beyond the advantage of having individual quality letting him do whatever he wants on the pitch. Bale would smash the minnows , but not top level european teams.
He wouldnt smash top level teams, but Im quite sure he'd be a huge upgrade over whats on the wings now.

whelp...

I dont think ive seen a player that wants to be at a club more really, if we got him it would really feel like a Di Maria situation all over again.

Madrid getting Mbappe is not a given. He might choose PSG or some other club. In that case, Real need to keep hold of Bale. So until Mbappe arrives, Bale is safe. Once this deal is done, they will slowly push him out. I can see a deadline day deal happening.

The guy clearly wants to stay there and fight for his spot. Can't really blame him, yesterday's match showed the gulf in class between the two teams. They have a good chance of winning the CL for the 3rd consecutive year! I'm sure he would want to be part of that. There has been absolutely no reliable source linking him to us either. Just let this one go, it's not going to happen.

Who then?

You can't honestly be suggesting Isco? No chance we would get him.

I'm beginning to think that Perisic is probably more our level at this time, attracting one of the biggest names just isn't going to happen atm.

Griezmann carrasco perisic dembele draxler.

Bale exactly didnt do anything against us as well apart form that assist which could have done by anyone in madrid team.

The guy clearly wants to stay there and fight for his spot. Can't really blame him, yesterday's match showed the gulf in class between the two teams. They have a good chance of winning the CL for the 3rd consecutive year! I'm sure he would want to be part of that. There has been absolutely no reliable source linking him to us either. Just let this one go, it's not going to happen.

Totally agree, seeing last nights game, after a few years of not playing the absolute top brass in Europe was a really sobering moment, even after three or four years of sobering moments.

We have a long way to go, and its nights like that which actually make me think how well we have done in signing players like Pogba and keeping hold of players like De Gea, I think we are a few years away from being as attractive a proposition in Europe as we were in the Fergie glory days.

Yeah giving up the ghost on this one. The only way I could see this happen is that Madrid do get their shiny new toy and tell Bale they will be happy for him to leave and he knows we would be delighted to sign him. But theres maybe a 1% chance of that happening right now.

I really don't understand how anyone could interpret Jose's comments as confirming we've been chasing Bale.

If anything it makes it obvious we haven't.

I really don't understand how anyone could interpret Jose's comments as confirming we've been chasing Bale.

If anything it makes it obvious we haven't.

He said if he wanted out i would be waiting on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.