Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not going anywhere. Even his agent is playing down a move.

I think Jose knew Bale was going to start before his pre match comments, so the rumours were put to bed.

The soundings coming out about us being coy on signing Ronaldo (us not wanting to be led down the garden path by him) when he said he wanted to leave, think this is the exact same and Jose knew what he was doing.

If Bale left Madrid, would Tottenham try and bring him back to the Lane? It would break their wage structure and all, but when fit he would add another dimension to their team.

@GlastonSpur @balaks @africanspur

I think we'd likely enquire (and I do genuinely think Bale loved his time here) but I don't think its doable unfortunately. We can break our wage structure for the right player I think but this would be smashing it to smithereens.

Which is a big shame as if he comes back to the UK, it would be painful to see him in another team's shirt.

He would certainly elevate the team to another level, that is for sure.

They are stuck with Bale because Mbappe turned them down.

If Bale came back to the EPL with another club and had a storming season with no injuries than I'd be kicking myself, but I don't think he wants to come here, I think Spurs would be his first choice. Not sure they would risk him with his injury record either though to be honest. According to Forbes, he's on £222 per week approx. Not saying it's accurate, just saying that's his 'salary'. With bonuses etc- I have no idea
A decent dole allowance if you ask me

Phew, I'm so relieved we didn't waste €100m+ on this crock.

Not

Still need a wide player, team is seriously lacking in quality there. Bale was always a pipe dream but we have to find some solutions before window shuts.

Phew, I'm so relieved we didn't waste €100m+ on this crock.

Not really. He'd be a big, big upgrade on any of our attacking players, and would make a huge different even if he played only 60% of our games.
Very much so. Would be a big mistake to make

Thought Marca was a mouth piece for Real Madrid? They clearly made up a lot of bollocks didn't they

Edit: white text so I don't agree.
;)
Don't really understand why you wouldn't want him if we had a chance to get him. Sure, he's been injured quite a bit in the recent seasons, but even tonight, when he clearly wasn't anywhere near 100% he outshone every single one of our players, bar De Gea.

It's so damn obvious that we need creativity and x-factor in attack, and there are no other players near his level available on the transfer market. Would you rather just save the money and go into the season with our current squad instead of taking a gamble on a player, who on form is a top 5-10 player in the world, and could likely increase our chances of winning titles massively? I say go for it. Money is clearly not an issue for us.

;)
Don't really understand why you wouldn't want him if we had a chance to get him. Sure, he's been injured quite a bit in the recent seasons, but even tonight, when he clearly wasn't anywhere near 100% he outshone every single one of our players, bar De Gea.

It's so damn obvious that we need creativity and x-factor in attack, and there are no other players near his level available on the transfer market. Would you rather just save the money and go into the season with our current squad instead of taking a gamble on a player, who on form is a top 5-10 player in the world, and could likely increase our chances of winning titles massively? I say go for it. Money is clearly not an issue for us.
I think it will end up being a massive waste of money and rather we wait (shocking, I know) and buy someone else or Griezmann next summer. Never been a fan of Bale and the money and injuries on top of that just makes it a no go for me.

I think it will end up being a massive waste of money and rather we wait (shocking, I know) and buy someone else or Griezmann next summer. Never been a fan of Bale and the money and injuries on top of that just makes it a no go for me.
First of all, I don't think that using €100 million on Bale this window means that we won't be able to sign Griezmann if we get the chance in the next few windows.

Secondly, while I agree that buying Bale would certainly involve a risk of him being injured a lot, I don't think we are in a position where we can afford to pass on a chance to get a player like him. Our attacking options are simply not good enough to pass on an opportunity to get a world class player.

To me the RVP signing reminds me a lot of a hypothetical Bale signing. We spent £24 million on RVP(I know it's not quite the same, but what would £24 million in 2012 equate to in today's market? £50 million at least?), which is was quite a big amount on a 29-year-old with a much worse injury record than Bale. I know he just came off a great, injury free season, but that was his first in many seasons. The risk paid off, and he almost single-handedly won us a championship. Even though he never reached a level anywhere near the 12/13 season again, I think winning that championship was worth every penny. And I think that's exactly the sort of impact Bale could have for us - even if he misses a few games here and there. I think we have to take a gamble on him if we can - and I think we will, if we get the chance.

Great, now this is over get a winger in. There's still time.
Can you name any quality wingers we could realistically get? It seems both Bale and Perisic are out of the equation. It's not a rhetorical question - I really can't think of any besides maybe Thomas Lemar and Felipe Anderson(was he any good last season?). And there are no signs we've shown interest in them.

He was always going to start tonight - just look at their bench.

This is to plant the seed in Bale's mind for when he is dropped on Ronaldo's return.

Mourinho's comment 'game over' confirms that we have seriously pursued Bale this summer and were ready to buy him, if Madrid decided to sell him.

That confirms a few things:

1) why we haven't bought a winger yet, as he was our first option.
2) Glazers still prepared to invest alot more funds.

I'd expect Perisic or another to join us very soon to close our transfer business.

Last edited:
Mourinho's comment 'game over' confirms that we have seriously pursued Bale this summer and were ready to buy him, if Madrid decided to sell him.

That's confirms a few things:

1) why we haven't bought a winger yet, as he was our first option.
2) Glazers still prepared to invest alot more funds.

I'd expect Perisic or another to join us quite soon now to close our transfer business.
Agreed.

Fck donkey Kong, does anyone want to risk this transfer? When will United fans see he doesn't want to be here! Congrats Gareth though, winning trophies is a habit now.

Does anyone else think that Mourinho came off a bit desperate with his public declarations of love?
Didn't he say in the past he doesn't talk about other clubs players?
Now it looks like Bale snubbed him/the club.

100m for an injury prone player. No thanks.

Much rather have 33.33 Jon Walterses.

Does anyone else think that Mourinho came off a bit desperate with his public declarations of love?
Didn't he say in the past he doesn't talk about other clubs players?
Now it looks like Bale snubbed him/the club.

No it looks like Madrid made the decision that they want to keep Bale. Bale was hardly confessing his love for Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.