Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just turned over to BBC for a sec and even they were talking about how Bale's starting tonight :D

You'd be pretty mad to think signing Bale rested either way on whether or not he played tonight. The chances of him not going anywhere remain the same as they did this morning.

How is it possible for Bale to start? According to this forum he's permanently injured.

You'd be pretty mad to think signing Bale rested either way on whether or not he played tonight. The chances of him not going anywhere remain the same as they did this morning.

My inner muppet was hoping Bale wouldn't start igniting more rumours. In all honesty I think 95% of us probably already knew it wouldn't have much of a say and Bale is going to most certainly stay.

No doubt Jose will be asked tonight!

How is it possible for Bale to start? According to this forum he's permanently injured.
Expecting something like this.
B3ESaPOCAAAh0RZ.jpg

Just to keep the muppets with a little hope, my brother, who scouts school kids for United and does a bit of coaching was at Carrington today and other coaches (at youth level) he has spoken with say Bale has been a big talking point there today. Make of that what you will but it certainley tells me we have/are looking to sign him and there is some truth to the rumours we are in for him.

In no way claiming to be ITK - just passing on what my brother has heard at Carrington.

Just turned over to BBC for a sec and even they were talking about how Bale's starting tonight :D

I think everyone but Jose was curious about the starting lineup. I think he is focused on getting the best out of his current squad now. I'll be surprised if anyone else is added before Jan

I don't think anyone actually believed that truly mattered. But you can bet it will be in his head as he's playing tonight, along with our players chirping at him about it throughout the match. Maybe it affects him or them, which means it's at least worth a try.

I think I replied on you after this by bringing the number of games he started last season from Jan to end of March and you didn't replay ?

Don't change the subject. I told you he would be a starter for us this season and you said he wouldn't. So that's the point here..

Don't change the subject. I told you he would be a starter for us this season and you said he wouldn't. So that's the point here..

You said he was pretty much a starter last season. I proved that was wrong and you didn't even bother to replay any farther so sorry I have nothing else to add regarding this matter.

Blimey, if Bale wasn't keen on United before, I suspect tonight will culminate in him 'accidentally' shredding his passport upon touching down in Madrid.

Probably for the best, he'd never put in a shift like Lingard anyway...

Blimey, if Bale wasn't keen on United before, I suspect tonight will culminate in him 'accidentally' shredding his passport upon touching down in Madrid.

Yep, if he's not thinking "This lot can't string 2 passes together and will have the attacking nous of a non league team at a Premier league team" in away games, then he should be!

Bale looks better suited to United than Madrid with the way he's played today. The rest of the attackers are a class apart in their use of the ball.

Look on the bright side, Ronaldo isn't playing, so he must be unwanted. Bring him home Woody. Send SAF to negotiate the deal himself.

Sad thing is he'd immediately be our star attacking player. At Real he's a bench player.

Hilarious to think that people say he would be a bad signing. He's not even setting the world alight and he's still better than anything we have.

Why would Bale ever leave Madrid to join our disjointed team?!

Last edited:
He missed that on purpose as he's clearly already signed his contract with us. Pretty obvious really.

He'd be right back as left wing back if we got him, undoing everything good that's happened to him ever since 'Arry discovered he could be useful further up the pitch! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.