Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if we went after Bale, got an offer accepted and Spurs match it. Bale agrees terms with Spurs and they end up a much stronger side, win the league. That would be a truly bad series of events just for going for a player. Spurs aren't interested in going for Bale but if a direct competitor does and they have a chance it would be silly not to.

I agree with a lot of what has been said. No doubt Bale is in that elite group just beneath Messi and Ronaldo. He'd bring width, pace, excitement, goals and leadership (by example). But there has to be a concern about fitness. That said, I'd be delighted if we could get him.

Imagine if we went after Bale, got an offer accepted and Spurs match it. Bale agrees terms with Spurs and they end up a much stronger side, win the league. That would be a truly bad series of events just for going for a player. Spurs aren't interested in going for Bale but if a direct competitor does and they have a chance it would be silly not to.

You have a very active imagination.

This is like the ultimate beta-male thought process...

"Imagine if we got an offer accepted for Messi, but then City matched it and he went there instead... so maybe we should just keep our heads down and try not to be too successful".

Except you're talking about Spurs...

This is like the ultimate beta-male thought process...

"Imagine if we got an offer accepted for Messi, but then City matched it and he went there instead... so maybe we should just keep our heads down and try not to be too successful".

Except you're talking about Spurs...

:lol:

Except that Bale loved Spurs, he would 99% choose them over us.

As said players are not the most intelligent people on earth

Or Valencia saying he doesn't speak English means he doesn't have to do so many interviews .Im sure he knows more than enough English by now but this means he can keep himself to himself a lot more .

I know if i was a foreign player Id be pretending not to speak the Language to get away from the media

Wages mate.

Dele Alli is on 45k a week, Jesse fecking Lingard is on 100k...

No he isnt

edit..Yeah he might be now didn't realise there was a champions league bonus apparently on his contract should we have qualified.

Bale's supposed to be on 600-700k in wages (Guardian reported 350k after tax), that's out of Spurs reach by a long shot. Despite the amount of money United make that's also supposedly much bigger than anyone we have.

Bale's supposed to be on 600-700k in wages
Is that the figure the Guardian reports?

Edit:
It is understood the contract is worth more than £600,000 a week before tax with the buyout clause set at €1bn (£900m). It is believed to be one of the biggest in the history of the sport. That is the equivalent to around £350,000 a week after tax, more than the estimated £288,000 Real pay Cristiano Ronaldo. Negotiations over a new deal for the Portuguese have not yet been finalised.

That's insane if true.

If Bale came back to the EPL with another club and had a storming season with no injuries than I'd be kicking myself, but I don't think he wants to come here, I think Spurs would be his first choice. Not sure they would risk him with his injury record either though to be honest. According to Forbes, he's on £222 per week approx. Not saying it's accurate, just saying that's his 'salary'. With bonuses etc- I have no idea

If Bale came back to the EPL with another club and had a storming season with no injuries than I'd be kicking myself, but I don't think he wants to come here, I think Spurs would be his first choice. Not sure they would risk him with his injury record either though to be honest. According to Forbes, he's on £222 per week approx. Not saying it's accurate, just saying that's his 'salary'. With bonuses etc- I have no idea

He's on £600k+ before tax, this has been widely reported.

Spurs can't afford him, period.

Makes sense as Real tend to pay big bucks for superstars. Bale's supposed to be only behind Ronaldo at Real in wages.
600k pw before tax is madness. If that's actually true, and I were Bale, I wouldn't leave. Perez could try to force me out all he wanted, I'd sit on the bench or train alone.

Although Forbes suggests that there's minimal difference between what Bale gets paid and what Zlatan was paid by us last season. So I assume it's doable, especially now that Rooney isn't here.

:lol:

Except that Bale loved Spurs, he would 99% choose them over us.

Bale is to good for Spurs. He plays for the biggest club in Europe, if he was to drop it would have to be for a top top team, a prestigious team. He would only consider, Man Utd, Bayern, possibly PSG/Chelsea.....

I think Bale is set on staying, he loves Madrid. He'd only leave if forced out. Even if they signed Mpabbe, I think Bale would prefer to stay and fight than leave

He's on £600k+ before tax, this has been widely reported.

Spurs can't afford him, period.

Yeah that's true. What I meant is 'apparently' it's $15,000000 in salary and $24,000000 in earnings according to Forbes. The only reason i mention it as it total it's $750,000 a week but maybe some of that is tied up in number of games played etc. It may be that figure before bonuses in which case that's just madness. Maybe they define it separately for Tax reasons? or for FFP? But yeah basically he's on over £600k a week so my point is, well, pointless! Many of us weren't happy when Rooney was still earning huge amounts despite his sudden decline (to the point his status as a club legend has been diminished). If we signed Bale on that kind of money and he's turning out 20 games a season, what would it do for squad morale? I'm part-Welsh, I love Bale. If it was risk free I'd be desperate for this move, but as things stand I'm lukewarm to the idea.

Due to Wages and Hazards intention to play in spain its us or Juve. There is no other REALISTIC options for Bale

Pretty sure Dele is on about double that.
DId he not double his wages to 60K last summerish? And Kane same to 120K?

Prety sure its all about ot burst at spurs, players pissed of at being low balled.

Due to Wages and Hazards intention to play in spain its us or Juve. There is no other REALISTIC options for Bale

DId he not double his wages to 60K last summerish? And Kane same to 120K?

Prety sure its all about ot burst at spurs, players pissed of at being low balled.

I think he has since signed another contract and he is on about 90k a week or so.

From the commercial side of things, there is no doubt that the club is doing its best so far despite the relative lack of success. The brand is so powerful that it can produce such numbers but you can't take away that club's previous success played a big part in building those figures.
It allowed the club to develop itself mostly through Commercial sector or sponsorship deals (more than 60 official partners worldwide including Adidas). So, the commercial sector did grow from around £50 million in revenue to around £270 million from 2006 to 2016. Broadcasting revenue also played a significant part in it. But, as I said, it is all being done based on Man Utd status as the biggest English club which status is achieved during Ferguson era. Most of the sponsorship deals were signed shortly after that period. If our performances on the pitch in EPL remain around 4-6 place you will see these numbers go down in a few years so that's the point that I was making. It doesn't take such a long period of time. We were desperate for a reason to get ourselves in CL this season because we knew that we could be hurt by missing out again.

Also, no matter how big those figures above are, what's frightening is that they should be higher but they aren't due to our struggles on the pitch. For example, lack of EPL success hurt us. Leicester manage to enter in top 20 highest revenue-generating club in 2015/16 thanks to their title winning campaign. City boosted their revenues in 2015/16 massively due to their success in CL campaign getting about €83m as you see in the link:

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2418253.html

So, all those figures are nice but due to the lack of big success they should be even bigger and if that continues we will not be able to keep them so high. That's the reason why when talking about a new player such as Bale he should be considered mostly by his potential to help us on the pitch. And I'm not saying he can't help us, just that such measure must be the first one when we're buying a player.

I am not qualified to judge whether or not United's revenue should be even bigger than it is. But it doesn't matter because I was after THE TREND. The claim that success on the pitch is the most important thing for financial success is falsified if that picture doesn't lie. The revenue increased over a long period of time where they should have dropped if your claim is true.

Also, I am talking about the now, not when SAF built the club and the brand during the 90's when the business aspect of the game was baraly present, pre Bosman etc. If United had never dominated the Premier League in the 90's then we probably wouldn't have the brand as it is today. That is true but doesn't have much relevance here. I haven't claimed you can make a brand of a failed product/service/club. But once the brand is there (which is the case now), there are many other aspects that is more important than success on the pitch to make money, which the picture in my previous post shows. That is what I mean when I write that for United, £100M for Bale could be cheaper than £30 for Chelsea or Leceister because United can capitalize on his commercial value in a way that Leceister cannot. If he would have gone the Leceister and played the exact same amount of games, scored the same amount of goals etc. they would never be able able to earn as much money on him as United.

To sum it up for me here now, if Bale would be so injury prone that he would be a complete fiasco on the pitch (like Hargreaves after 2007-08) his commercial value would probably dip. That is true, and of course such a fiasco must be ruled out before making the decision to buy. But if he plays 20 games rather than 30-35 I don't think it will take much of a dip.

Take care

He's only leave for a club that has a chance of winning something. Us, City, or Chelsea. Not sure he would go to a Spurs rival though. PSG maybe? I don't know. We're obviously on to him though after Jose's comments. I just hope we don't go all in and unsettle our squad with an injury case.

I doesn't matter what his rep says Madrid are the only club in the world who decide if a player stays or goes not the player if Madrid decide he goes he will go Di Maria had a great season was man of the match in champions league final and then was told your no longer needed and signed for us.

Except it didn't play out like that.

To sum it up for me here now, if Bale would be so injury prone that he would be a complete fiasco on the pitch (like Hargreaves after 2007-08) his commercial value would probably dip. That is true, and of course such a fiasco must be ruled out before making the decision to buy. But if he plays 20 games rather than 30-35 I don't think it will take much of a dip.

Take care

That is why I was pointing out that the decision must be made on the prediction how much he can contribute on the pitch and the current state of his body. Even this 20 games, compared to 30-35 could IMO hurt his commercial value as it did when you look at his last 2 years in Madrid.
We as a club could even take a hit looking at our current revenues but that doesn't change the fact that in the end if he would be constantly injured, the decision would be wrong from both, commercial aspect and the one that I care more about, purely football one.

Take care also

Although Forbes suggests that there's minimal difference between what Bale gets paid and what Zlatan was paid by us last season. So I assume it's doable, especially now that Rooney isn't here.

And Depay, Shniederlin, BFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.