Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're completely different players, so that would be quite an odd plan B.

They are different yeah, but nothing suggests we prioritize him over Griezmann. Our links to Bale started only after the deal with the Frenchman failed, so that's the only suggestion that he's plan B.

Griezmann is arguably of the same quality. He was better in overall his last 3 years than Bale in a more defensive team. 2 years younger and more or less injury free compared to Bale. To say he is the guy who can singlehandedly rip the league apart is bullshit, he cant even do it in Spain nowadays, never mind in England. His time is soon up and with the wages he would demand, the deal would be madness too. To take a half injured Bale over Griezmann is pure madness. Griezmann is also better than Sanchez or Hazard.

That's fair enough & that your opinion. For me there is a reason why Bale is the 3rd highest payed player and I have seen the difference he makes for Madrid in champions league finals, for spurs in the CL, and Wales consistently all by himself. My post wasn't meant to be a slight on griezmann - in an ideal world we could get both ; but I found the lack of enthusiasm on this thread to be bizarre.

I personally feel that Bale could easily get over the injury troubles, though that is a complete guess - he would come here and we would look to him to change our fortunes. If anything, being at the centre stage for a club like United (who have had the best Welsh players of all time), being back in his own country & also being the main man on the pitch/not a shadow of Ronaldo should put him on good strides.

Anyway sorry for the lack of facts but that's how I feel - we are suddenly not big enough to by pass a player of Bale's calibre & money should not be an issue.

We are a football club & a business - sometimes you have to take a well thought out gamble to move forward. If it works out - I don't really see much holding us back, a fit Bale is equivalent to 2 players on the pitch & it would mask alot of our problems as a team; something not many other players could do in my opinion.

They are different yeah, but nothing suggests we prioritize him over Griezmann. Our links to Bale started only after the deal with the Frenchman failed, so that's the only suggestion that he's plan B.

To be absolutely fair this 'Bayol to united' shit starts every fecking summer around the time we 'miss out on' one of our targets so wouldn't read too much into it.

Outside of De Gea, Pogba, Zlatan, and MAYBE Valencia they'd all walk into our starting lineup. You're delusional
What? I'm not talking about player quality or comparing squads, their bench shits on a lot of our first team. Isco is, however, the only madrid player I enjoy aesthetically which is the context I meant it in. And anyway, if we did a swap deal for de gea then I would ask for isco:D

Personally I'd love Bale here.

I can imagine him running onto those booming Pog passes.

Personally I'd love Bale here.

I can imagine him running onto those booming Pog passes.
Add an inform Martial on the other side of the pitch without the second season syndrome and a proper 9 upfront and we would be an absolute machine. If he's avaliable i think we should take the risk and hope he's not a perma crock.

I'd take a half injured Bale over Griezmann even if the latter was available.

Taking a chance on Bale being injury free - in my opinion, we could have a player that is relatively unmatched in quality compared to the rest of our league. Griezmann for me is just an marginal improvement on what we have/ or trying to find our own hazard or sanchez type player.

To turn a blind eye to Bale would be a big mistake. This is a guy who has the ability to singlehandedly rip the league up. Never mind how good the rest of the team play - there is very few players who can do that & have done that in the PL, a place he will no doubt feel like he can dominate.

Really have to disagree with you here!

Would take him over Griezmann any day of the week. This kind of player shouldn't be sitting on the bench.

Bale would be perfect. His injury record is obviously worrying but all our players are getting injured anyway. 2 players got ACL in 1 match FFS...

With his injury record and our injury record he will spend a lot of time with Phil Jones .

Still can't see it unless you agitates a move but he strangely doesn't seem to want to move back to the PL.

I can't wrap my head round why a welshmen is not gagging to win the PL.

Balague claims key members of the squad wanted Isco to start so they could play a 4 man midfield.
Thats Bales' teammates...

I remember RVP being written off because he was injury prone.. the guy single handidly won us the title. RVN had a very serious injury which delayed us signing him, he quickly got over that and went on to bang the goals in for fun for us.

What I'm trying to say is players can go on and be excellent despite having injury worries in the past and if we see enough in Bale to sign him then hopefully he can put those troubles behind him working with a new medical team.

Wasn't RVP also a couple of years older than Bale is now when he signed for us and bar the previous season was pretty much injured for two whole seasons ?

In terms of 'big name signings', where else should we look?

Exactly, we're after game changers who can win a game with one moment of magic which is something we seriously lack.

Rooney and Zlatan leaving would more than cover his wages

Many people forget the money saved in wages between Schweinsteiger, Rooney and Zlatan is/was about £900K a week and of them only one was an important player for us over the whole season.

There's also the fact that Schneiderlin and Depay brought in £40 million and saved us about another £200K a week in wages too, we're the richest club in the world so if Real can afford to pay Bale whatever they pay him aha he's third highest earner after Ronaldo and Ramos then why couldn't we make Bale our highest.

Balague claims key members of the squad wanted Isco to start so they could play a 4 man midfield.
Thats Bales' teammates...

Ballbag talks complete BS 99% of the time though, I wouldn't trust anything that muppet says.

Ugh I can't help get excited about this one.

His wages would literally be Rooneys and Zlatans combined. Insane.

If his injuries are stress/fatigue related, that can be cured by sufficient rest and recovery, then this is a fantastic move.

Presumably the medical people can make the necessary checks. If it's irrecoverable damage then the risk of further deterioration is something to seriously think about.

I think if De Gea leaves then the best we can do is use that to secure a player we otherwise wouldn't obtain. What I'd be looking for is the agreement to sell us Bale if we sell them DDG, for the deals to not actually be linked financially.

Ugh I can't help get excited about this one.

His wages would literally be Rooneys and Zlatans combined. Insane.
Isn't part of that from signing over half of his image rights?

Edit: wouldn't ot be lower if he joins us but keeps 100% of his image rights?

With his injury record and our injury record he will spend a lot of time with Phil Jones .
They can spend all time they want together. It would be hard to find a more Welsh name than Gareth Jones so I'm all for it.

By rushing him back, they rushed him back trying to get him fit for the CL game last Feb (?) and played him when he wasn't 100% fit v Barca which is why he's been out until now
Ahh I see, he's also not 100% fit now either but he's on the bench too right? Heard him saying it the other day! Terrible, hopefully he recovers and signs with us.

Go get him. 50m euro up front + another 20 if we reach the CL final and a 270k contract per week and the deal is done.

What's wrong with him? His face looks like he's sick or something

This is one where realistically we cannot wave a fat cheque at him as he is already paid way, way more than any player we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.