Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adm wasn't managed well at all and ibra carried us at times this year.
All justified by accountants
Carried us to sixth position, did not play 12 or so games and yet finished top of the biggest chances missed list by a distance, has worst or maybe second worst conversion ratio among all players who scored 15 or more goals in top 5 leagues in europe, he was decent but don't tell me that was 400k a week well spent.

Edit: 400k a week my friend, 20mn just on wages, not just 400k. Also the failing team did not finish 6th in 2 of the 3 seasons and won an FA Cup too.

Last edited:
Isn't he Fio's lapdog? Plus he's got a dodgy injury record over last two seasons, where dodgy means shit.

Don't want another madrid cast off plus I could never learn to abide his simian face.

Carried us to sixth position, did not play 12 or so games and yet finished top of the biggest chances missed list by a distance, has worst or maybe second worst conversion ratio among all players who scored 15 or more goals in top 5 leagues in europe, he was decent but don't tell me that was 400k a week well spent.
It was a free transfer for a world class player who had maybe 1 year of garenteed goals.
He brought some real class and winning mentality to a team falling apart for the last 3 seasons.
For a season at 400k yes

Real will just bite our hand if we offer them that deal. Surely they would include Varane as a makeweight as well.

It's a non-starter.
We could learn from Juve about bargain purchases, well maybe not.

:lol: That ought to tempt them to part with their Ronaldo replacement. Or wait, maybe we offer them Regan Poole plus £5m? That way they still keep the Welsh connection.
You're a genius. Why aren't you on the phone to Woody already.

Taking into account his age, recent fitness issues and supposed loss of pace, his value i.e. the price Madrid purchased him for, cannot have been appreciated since. Suppose he is worth around 70m when fit considering his age and play characteristics. But he's been fit for only half of the total games this season. That's a huge risk to take for a large investment including his enormous wages.

If we're interested in him for certain this time, I hope we go for something vaguely like
Fee: 30 million upfront
Plus: 40 games in 1st season - 20m bonus
15 goals in 1st season - 20m bonus
40 games in 2 seasons - 15m bonus
15 goals in 2 seasons - 15m bonus

We'll play min 47 games next season. 40/47 games means injury is no longer a major concern and if available he'll surely score 15+ goals considering his last PL season. That means Madrid will receive 70m in the 1st season if all is well. (Assume they will consider full payment like we did with Ronaldo's.)

But hey I'm only really worried about our cruel injury curse registering another victim.

I think perez is regretting giving him that new super sized contract at the start of the season. 30 million euros a year means nearly 5% of reals revenue goes to paying for him. For messi or Ronaldo such an expense can be justified but for a player who has shown serious injury proneness over the last 2 seasons it's just imprudent. We should definitely not bale them out (no pun intended). His wages will restrict real from pursuing other targets to our benefit.

Bale is a huge gamble to take especially if he's being quoted for 100M. This is such a hit or miss deal. On a bright side, when fit, he's unstoppable. He would also take care of my free kick situation which would improve our goal tally for next season. In hindsight, Griezmann not coming could be a blessing for Andreas Pereira (who I highly rate) and I feel needs the chance. He's got the potential of being our very own Coutinho. All we would need is a good quality striker upfront who would definitely give you goals like Lukaku. I've wanted us to get Dembele from Dortmund but that seems a little far fetched.

In (attackers)
Bale
Lukaku
Pereira (coming back from loan)

Out (attackers)
Zlatan
Rooney

Fantastic player, and I would love to see him at United. He's exactly the type of player we need to lift our attack and our team to another level. A true match winner that can create something out of nothing, and that will win you points on his own.

His injury record is a huge gamble however, and would make any deal we might agree with them a risky proposition.

I think I need to post some numbers here so people wake up.

Bale has a contract till 2022 where he earns £18m or £350k pw after tax. That is almost £30m or £600k pw gross. And that's for 6 more years until he is 33. If we were to sign him on similar terms and length for £80m, his combined salary+transfer cost would be an outlay of over £45m a year for a total of £270m. I hope you are starting to realise the size of the gamble.

If Real were to sell Bale they really have very very limited options. No Italian or German club would go anywhere that contract price, not even half of it. The only teams capable of paying it are perhaps United and City. Mayyybe PSG though I doubt it. And I still don't think any of them would offer that kind of money with such along contract duration to a guy with that many recent injuries.

Bale is going knowhere. He does't want to leave (just signed a new contract ffs) and he's too big a gamble given the cost for anyone else to take on after his recent injuries.

Amazing player though he is when fit, I wouldn't want us to be the ones that take this risk. Especially when he's not even keen to be here
Holy shit those figures!

Heard somewhere today that Bale rushed back from an injury during the season and due to that, he got another injury he's struggled to shake off. If he actually took some time to rest he could be injury free.

I'd take a half injured Bale over Griezmann even if the latter was available.

Taking a chance on Bale being injury free - in my opinion, we could have a player that is relatively unmatched in quality compared to the rest of our league. Griezmann for me is just an marginal improvement on what we have/ or trying to find our own hazard or sanchez type player.

To turn a blind eye to Bale would be a big mistake. This is a guy who has the ability to singlehandedly rip the league up. Never mind how good the rest of the team play - there is very few players who can do that & have done that in the PL, a place he will no doubt feel like he can dominate.

Reactions: Kag
All these discussions depend only on if he actually wants to join us or will be the new Di Maria who joined us because no one else was available.

I think I need to post some numbers here so people wake up.

Bale has a contract till 2022 where he earns £18m or £350k pw after tax. That is almost £30m or £600k pw gross. And that's for 6 more years until he is 33. If we were to sign him on similar terms and length for £80m, his combined salary+transfer cost would be an outlay of over £45m a year for a total of £270m. I hope you are starting to realise the size of the gamble.

If Real were to sell Bale they really have very very limited options. No Italian or German club would go anywhere that contract price, not even half of it. The only teams capable of paying it are perhaps United and City. Mayyybe PSG though I doubt it. And I still don't think any of them would offer that kind of money with such along contract duration to a guy with that many recent injuries.

Bale is going knowhere. He does't want to leave (just signed a new contract ffs) and he's too big a gamble given the cost for anyone else to take on after his recent injuries.

Amazing player though he is when fit, I wouldn't want us to be the ones that take this risk. Especially when he's not even keen to be here

Jesus. How can Real even afford to give out contracts like that?

I'd take a half injured Bale over Griezmann even if the latter was available.

Taking a chance on Bale being injury free - in my opinion, we could have a player that is relatively unmatched in quality compared to the rest of our league. Griezmann for me is just an marginal improvement on what we have/ or trying to find our own hazard or sanchez type player.

To turn a blind eye to Bale would be a big mistake. This is a guy who has the ability to singlehandedly rip the league up. Never mind how good the rest of the team play - there is very few players who can do that & have done that in the PL, a place he will no doubt feel like he can dominate.

Griezmann is arguably of the same quality. He was better in overall his last 3 years than Bale in a more defensive team. 2 years younger and more or less injury free compared to Bale. To say he is the guy who can singlehandedly rip the league apart is bullshit, he cant even do it in Spain nowadays, never mind in England. His time is soon up and with the wages he would demand, the deal would be madness too. To take a half injured Bale over Griezmann is pure madness. Griezmann is also better than Sanchez or Hazard.

This is a no brainer. You don't buy another injury prone player.

Jesus. How can Real even afford to give out contracts like that?
Because the squad players make peanuts. Lucas Vasquez(our own Lingaard, but actually good) is on £33k a week. We have a huge disparity in wages between the stars and the rest

Bale would probably be near the absolute top of the list of players for us to bring in.
One of those just could not see it type moves though.

You'd certainly need to rest him for the two games a season v Charlie Adam though

Knock on Abramovich's Yacht instead with a £100m bid for Hazard. Bales not going to play 60% of our games.

If we are prioritising this stagnated crock over Griezmann and Lacazette this club really is being run by idiots.

Kroos, Modric, Marcelo and Ronaldo would probably get into our team.
Probably? They would walk in and have a picnic. Just that isco is my second favourite footballer to watch right now behind messi.

I'd be willing to pretend he never got injured. Imagine if Martial settles in and those two are our wingers.

:lol: our team is just sad compared to theirs. Player for player, only De Gea will get into their team. Pogba, Ibra and Herrera might make the bench.

If we are prioritising this stagnated crock over Griezmann and Lacazette this club really is being run by idiots.

We didn't prioritize him. If we move for Bale, it's plan B after Griezmann failed.

Because the squad players make peanuts. Lucas Vasquez(our own Lingaard, but actually good) is on £33k a week. We have a huge disparity in wages between the stars and the rest

They make a lot less in comparison but let's not exaggerate, £33k pw is not fecking peanuts. :lol:

As would Ramos, Carvajal and Varane. Real Madrid are playing where they are tonight for a reason. We overestimate our own players too much sometimes.

Would love Bale.

My number one transfer target for a good few years now.

Surely you all remember his final season in the Prem League with Spurs? He was a goal machine in a very average side. He tore sides apart in the Premier League. He is EVERYTHING we need. We know he can do it in this league, unlike other big names we've signed like Falcao, Di Maria etc...They just couldn't hack it in England. There's nobody who can say a Griezmann or a Moratta or a Rodriguez wouldn't follow suit At least we know Bale can do it on this stage. He'd be the perfect signing.

Would love Bale.

My number one transfer target for a good few years now.

Surely you all remember his final season in the Prem League with Spurs? He was a goal machine in a very average side. He tore sides apart in the Premier League. He is EVERYTHING we need. We know he can do it in this league, unlike other big names we've signed like Falcao, Di Maria etc...They just couldn't hack it in England. There's nobody who can say a Griezmann or a Moratta or a Rodriguez wouldn't follow suit At least we know Bale can do it on this stage. He'd be the perfect signing.

He's not the same player he was at his last season with Spurs, if anything it looks like he has actually regressed.

On the bench which was expected, Varane starts which is strange considering they'd be open to sell him blah blah blah

The best British player in the world. I would argue to say he is even the only world class British player in the world currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.