Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think we have qualified accountants and financial guys who can do estimations and calculations to see if we can afford a particular player? Get out of your Football Manager and FIFA mindsets. The club is run by professionals who know what they are doing, especially now with Jose in charge. If we get a player, it is because we can afford it and think it is good business.
These were the same people who thought paying 400k to ibrahimovic is a good idea and paying 57mn for the argentine crybaby an even better one.

Bale is in decline , he'll never be another robben. Now that he's known he'll never cut a world class status in Madrid anymore and catch headlines over Cristiano Ronaldo he could be looking for new pastures. We need to pass these opportunities and look for a more hungrier star.

Need to wait for griezman next window too

Last edited:
Bale is in decline , he'll never be another robben. Now that he's known he'll never cut a world class status in Madrid anymore and catch headlines over Cristiano Ronaldo he could be looking for new pastures. We need to pass these opportunities and look for a more hungrier star.

Ando :drool:

The type of player we should really target.

Robben was an injury prone player at Madrid. Bayern's transfer worked a charm.

Bale is a little older than Robben was but similar quality.

Bale on the right wing. Perisic on the left. Flair and grit. I'd take that. Add a new no.9 (Lacazette?) and hopefully a new DM to allow Pogba to push forward and I think we are basically there.

Why are some saying it'll take £100m to sign him?!?!

Surely he's worth less than when Madrid signed him? Especially as his injuries are piling up & he's probably only got 2 seasons left as his absolute best?

I'd have said £60m at a stretch

Who cares, it's still small chips considering the total cost. The biggest cost by a mile is his salary, he's on >£30m (£18m net) a year for 5 more years till 2022. That's £150m before we talk bonuses, sign on fees, agents fees etc. And that's if we only want to match what he's paid.

You are basically arguing whether the total cost would be ~£230m or ~£270m (with 0 resale value btw).

Assuming you actually go for him, i would expect Woody to recoil as if he'd just walked into a japanese tentacle fetish shop the moment he hears his wage demands

And if not that, then Florentino asking for De Gea+£50M will

And all that even assuming Florentino would consider selling him

You're on a forum, if your response is going to be "experts know best", that applies to every single thing being discussed on the board unless some of the guys here are Woodward, Mourinho etc.
I don't see what's wrong with that. We can discuss all we want and have opinions over this and that, but ultimately the men in charge will know best.

Bale would be awesome. He'd need to be managed right as he probably has been playing too many games the last few seasons with Real and Wales. But he'd be awesome if he came back to the premier league. His style is far more suited to England than Spain.

Robben worked with top managers in Bayern including pep who went on to decrease his injuries in a better scientific way. Mourinho demands are opposite than that of lvg and hynkes and pep, which will not improve bale on injury front.

He's had a couple injuries this season, after three seasons of consistently playing. He's hardly Phil Jones ffs.

Before this season he had played in 71% of Madrid leagues games and 74% of total games.

including this season, his record will be 66% league games played, 66% total games played.

He was and still is injury prone.

Robbens technique is second to none, everyone knows he wants to cut in onto his left foot yet cannot stop it. Bale relies alot more on his pace and size. Robben is alot slower than he was at his peak but is still very effective because of said technique something that bale is unlikely to be able to do when he turns 31 or so and loses his pace.

I wouldn't bet against him becoming more of an exclusively final third player as he approaches 30; could be a superb target man given his heading and shooting prowess, and not having to sprint 50 yards could work wonders with regards to finally resolving his muscular issues.

Calculated risks need to be taken to get right amongst the top teams in the Premier League in the next few years, and Bale is worth it. Worst case scenario, he only plays 20 games a season, but they could be the difference between success and failure in the Premier League moving forward.

Assuming you actually go for him, i would expect Woody to recoil as if he'd just walked into a japanese tentacle fetish shop the moment he hears his wage demands

Lets hope he doesnt

I don't see what's wrong with that. We can discuss all we want and have opinions over this and that, but ultimately the men in charge will know best.

Yes but that has nothing to do with your opinion on the matter but anyways, this is a bit tedious. Never mind.

De gea plus 50 m, anyone in his right senses won't do this deal even with the deep pockets.

What are you talking about?

- First off Robben has been really injury prone at Bayern too. Just check his injury record. The most league games he managed in a season is 28, 3 seasons he managed only 15 games.
- Secondly, he moved at the age of 25. Bale is going to be 28 in July.
- Thirdly neither the transfer cost nor the salary were in Bale's astronomical levels, even for their time. He cost €25m, same money we paid for Nani at the time. Bale gets paid more than that in a year.

Robbens technique is second to none, everyone knows he wants to cut in onto his left foot yet cannot stop it. Bale relies alot more on his pace and size. Robben is alot slower than he was at his peak but is still very effective because of said technique something that bale is unlikely to be able to do when he turns 31 or so and loses his pace.
True , robben has practiced one move 10000 times and thus no o e could stop it.

These were the same people who thought paying 400k to ibrahimovic is a good idea and paying 57mn for the argentine crybaby an even better one.
Adm wasn't managed well at all and ibra carried us at times this year.
All justified by accountants

Yes but that has nothing to do with your opinion on the matter but anyways, this is a bit tedious. Never mind.
I have already given my opinion on why I'd take him. That was my original opinion. My stand is bringing in the club's financials like wage structure or budget, which fans know nothing about, is stupid because there will definitely be some form of cost-risk analysis done by the club before any signing is made.
I'm really not. He's a game changer who scores goals and would give us pace. I'd take him if Real don't quote crazy prices, but then again it's not my money.

If Dea is leaving / wants to leave I'd be delighted with Bale in return. I'd put their values about even so should almost be a straight swap.

I would stick down between £100m to £120m to Spurs for Kane

but i back the manager and if this is who he wants it's his decision

I would suggest if it were to happen and because of all his injuries, Bale is on a pay as you play basis

Who cares, it's still small chips considering the total cost. The biggest cost by a mile is his salary, he's on >£30m (£18m net) a year for 5 more years till 2022. That's £150m before we talk bonuses, sign on fees, agents fees etc. And that's if we only want to match what he's paid.

You are basically arguing whether the total cost would be ~£230m or ~£270m (with 0 resale value btw).
How the hell did Bale swing a deal like that? That's Ronaldo/Messi level money.

I have already given my opinion on why I'd take him. That was my original opinion. My stand is bringing in the club's financials like wage structure or budget, which fans know nothing about, is stupid because there will definitely be some form of cost-risk analysis done by the club before any signing is made.

Yeah, I read that which is why I asked if you'd factored his wages as that'd be a bigger concern than whether or not Real ask for 20mil too much. He's on 30mil a year I believe.

How the hell did Bale swing a deal like that? That's Ronaldo/Messi level money.
Nope, it's neymar/suarez level money. Cristiano and Messi make quite a bit more

I really don't want us to get him. He'll be a shadow of his former self. When I think of Bale I think of a physical freak of nature that blasts his way past anyone, an unstoppable train. He's not been that player for a while now, he's trying to adjust his game to the Spanish way to adjust for his declining physical attributes.

Don't get me wrong, he's no Rooney but the reason he was so special is because he was a physical freak, a force of nature at his prime. There's clear signs that he isn't that player anymore so where will he be at 29/30? He's the sort of player you buy when he's 18-23 if you want value.

Why would we pay more than what Real paid to get him in the first place given his terrible injury record?

Inflation for start (look at Higuain to Juventus, or just look at any transfer that will happen this summer). He's also one of few real galactico's in world football today.

In terms of 'big name signings', where else should we look?
I don't think we need a big name signing in this position. A striker, a defensive midfielder, a centre half and a left back are all of more urgent importance than a winger in my opinion. I'd like our marquee signings to be in those positions.

Yeah, I read that which is why I asked if you'd factored his wages as that'd be a bigger concern than whether or not Real ask for 20mil too much. He's on 30mil a year I believe.
I'm a fan who does not have information about the wage structure of the club. I have no relevant information about what the club can or cannot afford so why would I comment on that side of things? I judge the player based on whether he will be able to improve us based on what I can see from his performances. So based on that, yes I'd like the club to take a chance on him despite his injuries if the opportunity presents itself. Let the money man do the other bit.

Inflation for start (look at Higuain to Juventus, or just look at any transfer that will happen this summer). He's also one of few real galactico's in world football today.

The important bit I was referring to was his injury record. That wards off any suitors at a higher price than what you got him for.

I don't think we need a big name signing in this position. A striker, a defensive midfielder, a centre half and a left back are all of more urgent importance than a winger in my opinion. I'd like our marquee signings to be in those positions.
Don't think you watched United much this season. A striker alone isn't going to solve our goal scoring problems.

Would be great if he wasn't such a croc. The fee would have to have some element based on appearances or something, or it could prove to be an expensive mistake.

Ask yourself why RM might want to sell him.

The risk is high but so is the reward. If Mou is able to keep Bale fit, we'd challenge for the title, physicality, finishing, good at set pieces, he has got it all and would easily be the best player in the league and miles above Griezmann.
Dont think Real want to sell him, he wants out because Zidane prefers Isco over him. The days of Perez being the puppet master are gone, Zidane has control over the starting 11 and rightly so.
Imagine Lukaku up top with Bale on the right with Mkhi and Pogba behind them. Goals galore!

I'm a fan who does not have information about the wage structure of the club. I have no relevant information about what the club can or cannot afford so why would I comment on that side of things? I judge the player based on whether he will be able to improve us based on what I can see from his performances. So based on that, yes I'd like the club to take a chance on him despite his injuries if the opportunity presents itself. Let the money man do the other bit.

Alright.

The important bit I was referring to was his injury record. That wards off any suitors at a higher price than what you got him for.

I understand your point but disagree. We'll see what happens, Bale could be on the market this summer.

Nope, it's neymar/suarez level money. Cristiano and Messi make quite a bit more

Not that much...

gnTLRON.png

The thing he is injured 80% of every season so dont see any logic in buying him.

You're saying that as if injuries have been a problem throughtout his carrer. Bale has had a tough season, dosen't mean its the norm

Don't think you watched United much this season. A striker alone isn't going to solve our goal scoring problems.
Yes but a better midfeild in fabinho with a good passing range and good balance will with no defensive duties for forwards.

A fully at it Bale would take this team up another level.

He's been injured a lot this year but it would be worth the gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.