Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bale is in much more of a physical decline than Ronaldo. He's got more pressing worries about his current situation than thinking whether he will take the #1 spot from Ronaldo. He's too far from that at the minute.

Although obviously that's your opinion on what the player is thinking rare than what he is actually thinking. He could be think in about sunny Manchester

He could be. I doubt it though.

I thought it was the reverse. We went for him when he was at Southampton, he wanted playing time so chose Spurs.

I think it was Southampton who didn't even accept our bid, they sold him to Spurs.

“We were disappointed in Southampton at the time because we were first there, but they never came back to us,” Ferguson said.
“It was not the boy who turned us down, it was Southampton, then a few weeks later he signed for Tottenham Hotspur.

What are people basing the 'he's not interested in joining us' view on?

Unless you know him personally or have asked him personally then how do you really know which clubs he would be happy to play for?

The only reason why he hasn't publicly declared his love for United is because he is playing at the biggest club in world football and probably does want to remain there as would most players.

What are people basing the 'he's not interested in joining us' view on?

Unless you know him personally or have asked him personally then how do you really know which clubs he would be happy to play for?

The only reason why he hasn't publicly declared his love for United is because he is playing at the biggest club in world football and probably does want to remain there as would most players.

Not everybody loves Manchester United, sorry to break it to you.

I think it was Southampton who didn't even accept our bid, they sold him to Spurs.
Cheers, I'm sure Bale came out later and said he wanted to move to play football and didn't think he'd get that with Giggs at United too. Who knows what happened? One of those things I guess.

Not everybody loves Manchester United, sorry to break it to you.

I'm not saying they do. I'm saying that why would a player who wants to stay at their club declare love for another? Fwiw I think Bale will go where the money is/ to a big club which leaves us in contention.

I don't think your typical top level footballer has a preference to play at clubs they support or supported as a boy.

He loves it at Madrid and he knows Ronaldo is well into his decline which will leave the way open for Bale to become the number 1 Madrid player. Unless something dramatic happens behind the scenes Bale will be going nowhere.

Bale will probably never be the number 1 player

Not sure what planet people are on if they think Bale will ever be top dog at Real. By the time Ronaldo is gone, Bale either already will be, or Real will have far better toys. His moment to be the number one there is gone, not sure he ever had a chance anyway.

Bale doesn't speak Spanish and has done just one 5 minute rehearsed interview in it during his time there. He will never be the number 1 at Real.

Not sure what planet people are on if they think Bale will ever be top dog at Real. By the time Ronaldo is gone, Bale either already will be, or Real will have far better toys. His moment to be the number one there is gone, not sure he ever had a chance anyway.

I'm saying what I think Bale himself believes, he clearly believes (IMO) he could be the next number 1 at Madrid, otherwise he would be much more amenable to moving. The guy has a huge amount of self belief.

I'm saying what I think Bale himself believes, he clearly believes (IMO) he could be the next number 1 at Madrid, otherwise he would be much more amenable to moving. The guy has a huge amount of self belief.

He's is waiting for Ronaldo to decline, that's some belief.

He's is waiting for Ronaldo to decline, that's some belief.

Hey I'm not saying he will be the next number 1 at Madrid, I have no opinion on the matter tbh as I don't give a stuff about Madrid or what happens at the club. I'm just saying it as I see it with Bale.

I get the feeling Bale will suddenly rediscover his love for the PL once he turns 31 and Madrid discard him. Perhaps even sooner than that. But while he's wanted there it will always be "Hala Madrid".

Think this is more than a rumor. Something is definitely going on. However, I doubt Bale is the only player we are interested in at the moment. Think our interest is because we see a possibility of getting him and he is the only player with the 'world class player' status who is acquirable.

I thought Jose "never" talks about other clubs' players .... at least that's what he likes to say.

Wonder why Would Real madrid sell in the first place? Because bale dont have the ambition like Neymar did.
Bale don't have the same ambition? What on earth are you basing that on.

Plenty of players have been wrongfully sold for a shiny new toy at Madrid. Just like your beloved Robben.

I don't get the impression this deal is realistic. Mourinho coming out and saying he would be at the front of the queue suggests he has no idea whether it's even a possibility, as he normally keep cards close to his chest, or its just tactical mind games.

All the murmurs coming from Bales camp is that he wants to stay and prove himself at RM, he certainly wouldnt force a move. Only a week ago his agent said the transfer rumours linking him to United were 'ridiculous and stupid'. Added to this is Madrids unwillingness to negotiate with us or be reasonable in doing so. They would ask for £60m+ and De Gea.

I simply dont see this as being feasible and if RM want to force him out they would pull our pants down in the process. It's a non starter.

The only way Bale comes is if Madrid kick him out to make space for Mbappe, which would be a ridiculous move to make IMO. I just don't see this happening. He will play at least another season at Madrid and if he gets injured again this season then there is a chance he could be let go, but at that point would he even be wanted at United? He's a great player, but he'll cost a ton of money and may not be reliable for a full-season. I hope it's not the case this season, he needs to figure out how to reduce his chances for injuries because he's a brilliant player and he's done well adapting at Madrid.

Bale don't have the same ambition? What on earth are you basing that on.

Plenty of players have been wrongfully sold for a shiny new toy at Madrid. Just like your beloved Robben.

Real Madrid have definitely improved in transfer policy under a new manager zidane , it's more mature now than in 2003- 2009

He loves it at Madrid and he knows Ronaldo is well into his decline which will leave the way open for Bale to become the number 1 Madrid player. Unless something dramatic happens behind the scenes Bale will be going nowhere.
Did you fall into a coma during Apr & May? :confused:

I'm sure i read on here that there were rumours a few days ago that Bale had injured himself in training and was a doubt for this game. This was before Mourinho made those comments, so maybe he was just playing games.

I remember a time when Bale was a laughing stock on here whilst at Spurs because they would lose every time he started. Then the following season he was hailed as some sort of god when he got moved further up the pitch.

Talksport are going to talk about Bale soon. Apparently Jim White has a text from Bale's representative which he'll read out soon.

Talksport are going to talk about Bale soon. Apparently Jim White has a text from Bale's representative which he'll read out soon.
Bale is trying very hard to dismiss any transfer. Almost like a "f*** you Madrid, I'm staying!".

I think the transfer window is over for United.

They're playing for a Euro trophy tonight. He will say he is committed to Madrid and wants to prove himself.

I'd rather put faith in Martial than splurging £100million on an injury prone Bale who doesn't look he's remotely interested in leaving Madrid for us.
This. I'd much rather we wait and/or go for Griezmann or someone else.

If he can't speak Spanish by now then he is either thick as pig shit or just has a wank attitude. Either way, if true, it's not very inspiring.

Players are hardly the most intelligent people on the planet and British players are quite renowned in being quite slow in learning a second language. Ian Rush's italian is at par to his ability of scoring goals in a league were defenders do exist.

Players are hardly the most intelligent people on the planet and British players are quite renowned in being quite slow in learning a second language. Ian Rush's italian is at par to his ability of scoring goals in a league were defenders do exist.

Can Valencia speak English?

Beckham spoke good Spanish quite quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.