Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless we have the money for both Bale and Griezmann, I would save the 100M for Griezmann next summer (or in January when his release clause reduced back to 100M).

We would do "okay" with Mkhi/Rashford/Martial, with a small-medium chance of them regaining their form.

What would you rather? Bale for £80m or buying the equivalent of Depay, Schneiderlin and Shaw for the same amount?
Exactly - we need quality as we already have quantity.

Some of the comments not wanting Bale are ridiculous.

The press is spinning the story and as usual sensationalising some random off the cuff remarks by Jose. If we read/hear his comments carefully he is only saying if he's put up for sale he'll go in competition with other clubs for his signature. It's not a great leap to say if top players become available for transfer United and other teams would compete for their signatures.

He's only stating the obvious.

Jose

I haven’t even thought about the possibility. If he’s not in the club plans – that what you are writing is true – with the arrival of another player, then we’ll try to wait for him on the other side and fight with other coaches. “If he plays tomorrow it’s probably confirmation they’ll count on him next season.”

The bolded part is missed by people/press wanting to make a story.

Last edited:
For that amount we should push for Dembele. I'd rather buy another talented winger than Bale

Exactly - we need quality as we already have quantity.

Some of the comments not wanting Bale are ridiculous.

Bale is just another Rooney type purchase it would have been for chelsea in 2013 under mourinho. He is in declining mode and for huge investment its a huge risk with massive uncertainty and the one who'll carry huge wages.

His game depends on speed rather than creativity which robben had in abundance so he'll be ineffective ones more injuries reduce his speed.

ALso the effect of bale can be countered with By top posession based teams with that playing philosophy.

The press is spinning the story and as usual sensationalising some random off the cuff remarks by Jose. If we read/hear his comments carefully he only saying if he's put up for sale he'll go in competition with other clubs for his signature. It's not a great leap to say if top players become available for transfer United and other teams would compete for their signatures.

He's only stating the obvious.

Jose

I haven’t even thought about the possibility. If he’s not in the club plans – that what you are writing is true – with the arrival of another player, then we’ll try to wait for him on the other side and fight with other coaches. “If he plays tomorrow it’s probably confirmation they’ll count on him next season.”
Yeah, it's the same as what he said about Rooney when at Chelsea.

Partly being cheeky/mischievous but also an undertone that given half the chance he would put in the bid.

It may happen, let's see tonight and post match presser.

Why push for a player who clearly has his eyes on better teams than us, who are clearly interested in him? Sometimes you have to just be realistic and admit defeat.

The'll always remain better if we have that approach, albeit We are not far behind , we are very near and we have to use the Prime years of our midfeild right now to get to top levels.

Bale is a declining player.

He's 28 which isn't crazy old, but if there's one player who I could see having a Torres-esque collapse after moving in a high profile transfer, it's Bale. He's basically purely reliant on his pace and power, once he loses that explosiveness, he'll be nothing more then average.
While I am a bit worried about him losing that ridiculous speed in the not-too-distant future, you are being very harsh there. It's why I do feel Bale is quite underrated by many, as they seem to see him as a speed merchent and not much else. The reality is that he is extremely skilled in his own right, more than any player on our team bar Pogba. While the speed is obviously a great bonus on top of that, it's certainly not everything. Even without it I would expect him to be comfortably our best attacking player.

Bale is just another Rooney type purchase it would have been for chelsea in 2013 under mourinho. He is in declining mode and for huge investment its a huge risk with massive uncertainty and the one who'll carry huge wages.

His game depends on speed rather than creativity which robben had in abundance so he'll be ineffective ones more injuries reduce his speed.

ALso the effect of bale can be countered with By top posession based teams with that playing philosophy.
Bale has shown no sign of declining like Rooney did.

The only issue with Bale is whether or not he's over his injuries.

Last edited:
I agree. Agree also that Pogba is worth to us not just as a player but from a marketing side of things.

But... The club will make the most money if it's successful. The club can make a good use of the player for marketing purposes if that player is a success on the pitch. So, even based on your criteria, his buying should, first and foremost, be decided upon his injury issues and ability to help this team on the field.
Despite how big names they were, what good individually (looking from financial and football point of view) did Shevchenko and Torres brought to Chelsea or Kaka to Madrid?

So how do you explain this development of revenue, during a time when the club has been the least successful in 20 years?

manchester-united-revenue.jpg

Manchester United might be allowed to perform hideously on the pitch for a long period of time (not being relegated ofc) before the brand takes a beating.

You cannot compare Chelsea to United. Chelsea is nowhere near United as a brand. Bale can be worth £100M to United but only £30 to Chelsea, theoretically.

Nothing to see here. After Jose's comments he posted a picture of himself training saying "Super Cup time" and "Hala Madrid"

I'm 100% certain now he doesn't want to go. We're clinging on to hopes and dreams again. I wil eat my hate if he comes here.

While I am a bit worried about him losing that ridiculous speed in the not-too-distant future, you are being very harsh there. It's why I do feel Bale is quite underrated by many, as they seem to see him as a speed merchent and not much else. The reality is that he is extremely skilled in his own right, more than any player on our team bar Pogba. While the speed is obviously a great bonus on top of that, it's certainly not everything. Even without it I would expect him to be comfortably our best attacking player.

He's better technically than some give him credits for but there's no doubt pace and power are the attributes that make him a top player and a desirable target to fulfill our needs. We are overstocked with no. 10s as it is.

He will play tonight regardless of whether he is in the club's plans for the season.

Nothing to see here. After Jose's comments he posted a picture of himself training saying "Super Cup time" and "Hala Madrid"

I'm 100% certain now he doesn't want to go. We're clinging on to hopes and dreams again. I wil eat my hate if he comes here.

Yeah, I saw this. Seemed to be making a point. He's clearly no intention of leaving and I think that if he did, he'd go somewhere else anyway.

He will surely be n madrid's plans , but soon Perez would like to cash in. Weather Zidane has full control or not remains to be seen.

The only issue with Bale is whether or not he's over his injuries.

Even if he is behind his injury problems and makes a comeback like valencia, his effectiveness in the latter stages of big competitons would be minimal. Bale is not the player he was few seasons ago. And he is not ronaldo Or Robben calibre that is for sure.

Even if he is behind his injury problems and makes a comeback like valencia, his effectiveness in the latter stages of big competitons would be minimal. Bale is not the player he was few seasons ago. And he is not ronaldo Or Robben calibre that is for sure.
28 is the new decline.

I wouldn't want us to sign him anyway. He's consistently distanced himself from United while in Madrid and turned us down twice before that. He clearly doesn't want to play for us.

Unless we have the money for both Bale and Griezmann, I would save the 100M for Griezmann next summer (or in January when his release clause reduced back to 100M).

We would do "okay" with Mkhi/Rashford/Martial, with a small-medium chance of them regaining their form.
No chance - these three did next to nothing last year. Compare those with City's attack supporting Aguero - KDB, Silva, Sterling, Jesus, Sane - our title challenge will be over by January - we need to add goals and quality now

Its not age its the fitness that matters.
Oh I missed your point mate. You said he wasn't the player he was a few years ago, I thought you meant that from a footballing ability.

He loves it at Madrid and he knows Ronaldo is well into his decline which will leave the way open for Bale to become the number 1 Madrid player. Unless something dramatic happens behind the scenes Bale will be going nowhere.

He loves it at Madrid and he knows Ronaldo is well into his decline which will leave the way open for Bale to become the number 1 Madrid player. Unless something dramatic happens behind the scenes Bale will be going nowhere.

Bale will never become Madrid main man Ronaldo will be replaced by the next superstar, The Madrid fans don't even rate the guy that much. They would happily see him got rid for mbappe or see isco or ascensio push on to be the next big thing. Bale is perceived alot differently in Spain then he is in England.

The best he ever got for them was 22 goals. Madrid isn't going to make him the main man, Ronaldo and fitness issue notwithstanding.

Bale will never become Madrid main man Ronaldo will be replaced by the next superstar, The Madrid fans don't even rate the guy that much. They would happily see him got rid for mbappe or see isco or ascensio push on to be the next big thing. Have is perceived alot differently in Spain then he is in England.

It makes little difference what people perceive - what matters is what Bale thinks and he clearly wants to stay at Madrid and he clearly wants to be the main man there.

Bale will be playing second fiddle to M'bappe soon. He'll never be the main man.

Mbappe is the next number 1 Madrid player.

Mbappe is the next number 1 Madrid player.

That is one hell of a statement. Mbappe has had half a season of good performances in his entire career. If he goes to Madrid there is no guarantee he will perform. What we think as fans means nothing anyway, it's what Bale thinks is what matters here and to me it seems very clear what he wants.

I wouldn't want us to sign him anyway. He's consistently distanced himself from United while in Madrid and turned us down twice before that. He clearly doesn't want to play for us.

Sir alex turned him down once before, when he was a LB It may be comming from that.

Sir alex turned him down once before, when he was a LB It may be comming from that.
I thought it was the reverse. We went for him when he was at Southampton, he wanted playing time so chose Spurs.

That post means nothing. Bale is not going to add fuel to the fire, just the opposite, while Mourinho is just embarrassing himself with his "mind games" type of statements.

What a load of rubbish.

Would instantly elevate us.

Bale is in much more of a physical decline than Ronaldo. He's got more pressing worries about his current situation than thinking whether he will take the #1 spot from Ronaldo. He's too far from that at the minute.

Although obviously that's your opinion on what the player is thinking rare than what he is actually thinking. He could be think in about sunny Manchester

Why push for a player who clearly has his eyes on better teams than us, who are clearly interested in him? Sometimes you have to just be realistic and admit defeat.
Same can be said about Bale. I'm not saying we'll get Dembele but we should at least try now that he's open to move. Otherwise, I'd rather look for a young, talented winger than investing more than 100m in Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.