Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gives me the impression that Zidane doesn't have the authority to want to keep or sell his players despite being the manager. Perez calls the shots there

No one seems to be talking about Zidane's presser - he hasn't said that Bale isn't for sale.

Gives me the impression that Zidane doesn't have the authority to want to keep or sell his players despite being the manager. Perez calls the shots there

Classic Madrid.

We missed out with Robben and got unlucky with Di Maria. Hoping that with Bale, third time's the charm!

He was a very good player for us. But that doesn't mean the club would have bought him if he was from North Korea, rather than south, where there is no market.

Well, we have to agree to disagree. I think we would have bought him anyway, he was exactly Fergie's type of player. Hard working, team player along with very good technique with his mind fully focused on the pitch. The fact that he was from South Korea I think just pleased our owners.

My point was that when United will try to judge how much Bale is worth on the transfer market they will not focus so much on fitness as they will on the commercial bits. I did not write that a player's fitness doesn't have any financial impact. Winning the league is not reliable, finish top 4 is not reliable. Bale selling their estimated amount of shirts is more reliable and thus a far better criteria to base the evaluation on.

Don't agree with this also. His fitness or game impact should be their only leading thought in concluding this deal looking even from the commercial side. Why would we based our purchase on the estimated amount of sold shirts or money from it when all that money or most of it will go to Adidas? Just look at how the deal with Adidas is structured. It will also not increase much in general shirt sale as it was already explained that these numbers don't change significantly after buying a new player, no matter if he is a star player.

Just one more thing. His fitness level and game impact will have a massive impact even if your criteria would somehow be true. You think after 2 years of struggle with injuries there is hysteria or much demands for Bale shirts in Madrid? His numbers dropped because of that.

That's the point I am making. Zidane should have said "Bale isn't for sale. He is going nowhere."

But he didn't.

Even stranger and not the best comment you can give in front of the press. That looks like an answer for a player that is trying to be sold or you don't have him in your plans.

"That stuff doesn't interest me?" It's your player ffs, it should be the main thing you care about.

Even stranger and not the best comment you can give in front of the press. That looks like an answer for a player that is trying to be sold or you don't have him in your plans.

"That stuff doesn't interest me?" It's your player ffs, it should be the main thing you care about.

They will sell for a boatload of money. They can do without him and will splurge to get someone younger. It works perfectly for them.

They will sell for a boatload of money. They can do without him and will splurge to get someone younger. It works perfectly for them.
That's my thinking, plus they know Bale has injury issues. He isnt a 'sexy' player to market for a club like Real Madrid either. Ronaldo is already their poster boy.

I can honestly see us buying him. I reckon £90m plus add ons will be final fee.

I am excited about it but also a little concerned about his injury record.

That's my thinking, plus they know Bale has injury issues. He isnt a 'sexy' player to market for a club like Real Madrid either. Ronaldo is already their poster boy.

I can honestly see us buying him. I reckon £90m plus add ons will be final fee.

I am excited about it but also a little concerned about his injury record.

Yeah which is big money for someone whose injuries are a concern. He definitely improves us and is a match winner though and I have no idea what our budget is and how much we can splurge without risking our finances and future buys. So I am definitely unsure and at the same time excited at the prospect.

Actually that was very well played from Jose, he has put the pressure straight on Bale/madrid and even united board. I think this is the right way to go about it, If he plays tomorrow or we see him chatting to Jose after/before the game (fergie tried it with nuer) then something could be happening. I think its basically him saying to bale if you want to then we are here, also it will make bale clear Real plans for him .

Well, we have to agree to disagree. I think we would have bought him anyway, he was exactly Fergie's type of player. Hard working, team player along with very good technique with his mind fully focused on the pitch. The fact that he was from South Korea I think just pleased our owners.

We don't have to agree and we don't have to debate the quality of the player. It doesn't prove my point wrong and since United were not listed at the time he was bought my points regarding investment and return doesn't make sense for his actual transfer anyway.

Don't agree with this also. His fitness or game impact should be their only leading thought in concluding this deal looking even from the commercial side. Why would we based our purchase on the estimated amount of sold shirts or money from it when all that money or most of it will go to Adidas? Just look at how the deal with Adidas is structured. It will also not increase much in general shirt sale as it was already explained that these numbers don't change significantly after buying a new player, no matter if he is a star player.

Just one more thing. His fitness level and game impact will have a massive impact even if your criteria would somehow be true. You think after 2 years of struggle with injuries there is hysteria or much demands for Bale shirts in Madrid? His numbers dropped because of that.

My criteria is simple investment philosophy and is true in every field of business. Now, if he has massive struggles with injuries obviously that can have an impact on shirt sales long term. Will it drop dramatically? It is possible but not certain.

Whatever money goes to Adidas will obviously be taken into considering during an evaluation. I am just explaining how a business works. Manchester United is a business, it is and will be run as a business and from the day the club was listed it has to produce as much profits as possible. That is the ONLY real purpose the club exists since 2012 or whenever it was listed. If the Glazers had something else in mind they would not have listed the company. They probably listed it to raise money to pay off the debt. Ruining the value of the company in that case is not wise.

You put too much focus on a few examples, arguing against shirt sales and the reasons why Park was signed. Do you agree or disagree with my point that an investor expects a return of invested capital? If you agree, then we can discuss how much each aspect of the player is worth taking into consideration when evaluating his worth on the transfer market.

The fact that it is a business is not something we should be sad about. It is very good. I am much more at ease having my club run as a very successful business rather than as a hobby for some sheikh with many billions in blood money, just trying to find a reason to stay in Europe when the age of oil is over (which will be within a decade or two). If the club had not been bought by the Glazers it would probably had been bought by some sheikh.

What is the significance of him playing tomorrow? Will it make him illegible for playing for United in Europe this season.
Apologies if this has already been asked.

What is the significance of him playing tomorrow? Will it make him illegible for playing for United in Europe this season.
Apologies if this has already been asked.

No, it's only a European charity shield.

I don't think we'll sign him and for good reason but, hypothetically if we did, surely he'd have the #11. I can see Martial's sulk now. Poor kid would probably jump off the top of OT.

I don't think we'll sign him and for good reason but, hypothetically if we did, surely he'd have the #11. I can see Martial's sulk now. Poor kid would probably jump off the top of OT.

Number 11, when the number 7 is available?

And all the marketing potential that goes with it? If Bale is signed, he's 100% getting number 7.

Number 11, when the number 7 is available?

And all the marketing potential that goes with it? If Bale is signed, he's 100% getting number 7.
He's a welsh winger. We're going to buy Griezmann next summer who is a huge Beckham fan. How can you say it's 100% certain that Bale will get the #7 shirt?

He's a welsh winger. We're going to buy Griezmann next summer who is a huge Beckham fan. How can you say it's 100% certain that Bale will get the #7 shirt?
Probably with the same conviction that you can say we're signing Griezmann next summer.

How can you say it's 100% certain we'll sign Griezmann?

Not putting my eggs in that basket again.

who is this chick in the grand scheme of ITK muppetry?

She was the chick who was certain Pogba would join Real last summer and that he told her iirc.

Forgot her response to United signing him.

So pretty much knows nothing.

How can you say it's 100% certain we'll sign Griezmann?

Not putting my eggs in that basket again.
When did I say it was 100% certain we'll sign Griezmann?

Anyway, Griezmann was off straight after Atletico got their transfer ban. He signed a new contract and his release clause wasn't altered. If it isn't obvious then I don't know what is. He obviously didn't want to screw them over by leaving when they couldn't replace him

Wasn't this the woman who said Benzema to Arsenal was a done deal a few years ago?

She hangs out with players and they tell her things at parties they think she wants to hear. I can't imagine why.

When did I say it was 100% certain we'll sign Griezmann?

Anyway, Griezmann was off straight after Atletico got their transfer ban. He signed a new contract and his release clause wasn't altered. If it isn't obvious then I don't know what is. He obviously didn't want to screw them over by leaving when they couldn't replace him

You said "we're going to buy Griezmann next summer". You didn't say it, but the way you worded it.

I know the story behind Griezmann. I would be surprised if we went back in for him though.

I think we've seen enough football to know that bale starting tomorrow won't mean anything one way or another.

I'm starting to think this will happen. After comments from Jose to Bale in the tunnel before our Real friendly.

Now, there are comments from both managers. One is saying he'd fight to sign him and the other saying it's not his concern. If they were talking about; Ramos, Marcelo, Kroos and Ronaldo. Zidane would simply say they're not for sale.

On top of that, reliable Madrid journalists have said that Bale is surplus to requirements, once Mbappe comes in.

There is definitely something going on in this. Could be deadline day signing.

Personally, I prefer when we do our business quickly and efficiently, but - here we are - and it's probably going be an exciting end to this summer, I think!

I mean, who can say they didn't enjoy Berbatov, Falcao signings?
This place was buzzing, however the signings turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.