Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think this will happen. After comments from Jose to Bale in the tunnel before our Real friendly.

Now, there are comments from both managers. One is saying he'd fight to sign him and the other saying it's not his concern. If they were talking about; Ramos, Marcelo, Kroos and Ronaldo. Zidane would simply say they're not for sale.

On top of that, reliable Madrid journalists have said that Bale is surplus to requirements once Mbappe comes in.

There is definitely something going on in this. Could be deadline day signing.

Personally, I prefer when we do our business quickly and efficiently but - here we are - and it's probably going be an exciting end to this summer.

I mean, who can say they didn't enjoy Berbatov, Falcao signings?
This place was buzzing, however the signings turned out.

PSG seem to be going hard after Mbappe. So not sure how that'll work out. Obviously, Monaco would prefer to sell abroad, but they might come in with another mega-offer.

PSG seem to be going hard after Mbappe. So not sure how that'll work out. Obviously, Monaco would prefer to sell abroad, but they might come in with another mega-offer.

I think Madrid need to get Mbappe even more now. Perez would love to show Mbappe, while Barca sell thier star player imo. Anyway, can't see Monaco selling to PSG, when they can just sell him abroad, for the same price.

Some people would shag Scarlett Johansson and whinge she wasn't a virgin.

Get a grip.

Last edited:
Madrid aren't going to be pressured into not playing Bale.
I don't think Jose's comments are designed to put any pressure on Madrid. I'd say they are to make Bale think about it just a little bit more. Just another building block in making him think that Real Madrid don't want him anymore (which does seem to be the case). Of course, that is reliant on Real Madrid not starting him.

I don't think Jose's comments are designed to put any pressure on Madrid. I'd say they are to make Bale think about it just a little bit more. Just another building block in making him think that Real Madrid don't want him anymore (which does seem to be the case). Of course, that is reliant on Real Madrid not starting him.

And if Bale is injured which he is it will mean nothing to him or Real.

That Zidane comment doesn't help matters to be honest. It's all on Bale's hands, if he wants to move he can, if not, then he'll be on the bench.

I think we'll get him. I'm a bit worried about it though to be honest.

Number 11, when the number 7 is available?

And all the marketing potential that goes with it? If Bale is signed, he's 100% getting number 7.
I agree, he'd probably take #7. His branding is all about 11 but he could change it. Ronaldo had to take #9 when he first went to RM but later moved to #7.

They will sell for a boatload of money. They can do without him and will splurge to get someone younger. It works perfectly for them.

If that's true, my concern is that their medical staff certainly had some saying in this. He is a big name and when injury free is a game changer so from that point I think they wouldn't sell him unless they doubt that his injury record is something which will be a permanent problem.

I mean, sure, if we decide to buy him, he will have a medical but they can't gather so many data and have a clear picture like a medical team who is working with him on a daily basis.

Don't know what to think about this one if we go for it. More worried than not, I think. Maybe to try and agree on a fee which will be mostly dependent on his appearances.

I think we'll get him. I'm a bit worried about it though to be honest.

I have this feeling we'll get him too.

I'd absolutely love it, except for 1 glaring issue. I am very worried about his injury problems.

I have this feeling we'll get him too.

I'd absolutely love it, except for 1 glaring issue. I am very worried about his injury problems.

Be a nice card on FIFA though aye?

That's exactly the key..... When fit, he can turn us into Champions but I don't want another case of Schweinsteger where we paid have a tonne of wages and he didn't even feature for one proper season when he was with us. Rooney kept earning paycheck after paycheck without doing jackshit last season. We did great by getting those two off the wage budget and now adding Bale whose on the wrong side of his 20's and he's injury prone and it's not like we like Lingard to be a starter but I would rather get someone like Dembele. He's young and will become a much better player than Bale. Bale rejected us multiple times and he has always wanted to be at Madrid and even if he chooses to come, it will be because he was pushed out of Madrid and this would be very reminiscent of Di Maria. When you have the chance to get your hands on the Dembele, why waste 90m plus 300k wages on someone who may or may not even play, let alone make an impact.

If Bale does come, you think he'll play on the left or right? His preferred position is central behind the striker and that would be detrimental to Mhiki's progress whose just coming to becoming an important player for us this season. Bale is great when on form but the ship has sailed for him to join United. But if he did come, I would be happy because he would be better than having Lingard as part of the first 11.[/

Last edited:
Or Jose could already know that Bale is not starting.

Could be mind game with Bale rather than Madrid.

I mean, if I was Perez, I'd sell Bale for £100 which we will inevitably pay.

It's their last chance to get mega money for him. Economically, it makes sense to sell Bale, considering his wage. So, as I said, if I was Florentino Perez, I'd be unzipped and ready.

Also, I think it's Bale's last chance of big big move. Obviously, Madrid are bigger club than us, but it's not as if he's going back to fecking Tottenham.

He will have to consider, here and now. And what if he has another injury plagued season, will the top clubs be after him with the price tag that will come with him.

I just think there are lot of things at play here. We need a winger and a Woodward's dream signing. Real need to free up squad space and it makes financial sense for them to sell. So I think that this has a good chance of happening.

The way it panned out this summer. Just a feeling Jose would have not have appreciated it.
Do you think he is bitter at Atletico for getting banned, or Griezmann for not being a dick to his club? Don't be silly, he isn't going to not buy a world class player because of something like that

This thread has officially become our home until the end of the window then, whether we like it or not. This will drag.

I'm all for it. A fit Bale wins you games on his own.

If we sign him and he stays fit, it's a monster signing. People forget how injury prone Van Persie was known to be before he joined us, yet he won us our last title.

This could be the summer transfer saga we all have been waiting for. Where can download newest flightradar app? Im ready.

If we sign him and he stays fit, it's a monster signing. People forget how injury prone Van Persie was known to be before he joined us, yet he won us our last title.

RvP's injuries stopped about 2 seasons before he moved to United iicr.

If Jose scouted Bale, I think he will have an idea about Bale's fitness. Unlike van Gaal, Jose would not be signing a past it player for the sake of old ties. The comparison with Schweinsteiger does not hold, Bale is still younger and in the prime of his career. Schweinsteiger also had no motivation, whereas Bale will still be hungry to perform.

Jose also took Falcao on loan immediately after Falcao failed at United. So yes, Mourinho does get some of his decisions wrong. Well, I'm not going to list them but you should be aware of it. Secondly, Bale's fitness cannot be judged by anyone. He could be an absolute hit or he could be hanging out with Rojo and Ibrahimovic. Either way, 90m is a LOT of money. It's a huge gamble especially with the wages he would be on.

Dembele is a hipster signing. Potential is there, but unproven. We don't need Martial mk2, we need proven players.

Hipster signing? Really dude? He's NOT Martial mk2... He's got a talent ceiling that's higher that Martial. We're talking about someone who is of the talent level of a Neymar which is one of the reasons why Barcelona have been bidding for him to replace Neymar. When Madrid and Barcelona are both trying to sign a player, you can't be dismissive that the player is a hipster signing. He's already more productive than what Bale was at that age. Yes, Bale is PL proven and Dembele isn't... sure... But Dembele has already proven what he's capable of in France as well as Germany as well as the Champions League. I've got no doubts in mind that Dembele will win the Balon Do'or in the next 5-6 years.

Bringing Bale in also brings along the fact that the No.11 jersey would have to be given to Bale since he's got a contract with Adidas and now I don't think it's fair for Martial to lose his jersey for the second season running. That dented his confidence last summer and he's starting to rebuild it and get back to what he was capable of.

I wouldn't be worried if Bale benches Mkhi, because Bale is quite frankly twice the player Mkhi is. Competition is good, I do not know why anyone would not relish seeing two players like Mkhi and Bale compete for spots in our team.

I agree with you on this that bringing Bale and having him fight for the same position as Mhiki could perhaps benefit the both of them as that would bring out the best. But, Bale wouldn't be my first choice.

Not sure if i can take another Muppet thread....
But what else should i do at work?
I'm in!

My criteria is simple investment philosophy and is true in every field of business. Now, if he has massive struggles with injuries obviously that can have an impact on shirt sales long term. Will it drop dramatically? It is possible but not certain.

Whatever money goes to Adidas will obviously be taken into considering during an evaluation. I am just explaining how a business works. Manchester United is a business, it is and will be run as a business and from the day the club was listed it has to produce as much profits as possible. That is the ONLY real purpose the club exists since 2012 or whenever it was listed. If the Glazers had something else in mind they would not have listed the company. They probably listed it to raise money to pay off the debt. Ruining the value of the company in that case is not wise.

You put too much focus on a few examples, arguing against shirt sales and the reasons why Park was signed. Do you agree or disagree with my point that an investor expects a return of invested capital? If you agree, then we can discuss how much each aspect of the player is worth taking into consideration when evaluating his worth on the transfer market.

The fact that it is a business is not something we should be sad about. It is very good. I am much more at ease having my club run as a very successful business rather than as a hobby for some sheikh with many billions in blood money, just trying to find a reason to stay in Europe when the age of oil is over (which will be within a decade or two). If the club had not been bought by the Glazers it would probably had been bought by some sheikh.

I agree. Agree also that Pogba is worth to us not just as a player but from a marketing side of things.

But... The club will make the most money if it's successful. The club can make a good use of the player for marketing purposes if that player is a success on the pitch. So, even based on your criteria, his buying should, first and foremost, be decided upon his injury issues and ability to help this team on the field.
Despite how big names they were, what good individually (looking from financial and football point of view) did Shevchenko and Torres brought to Chelsea or Kaka to Madrid?

Some people would shag Scarlett Johansson and whinge she wasn't a virgin.

Get a grip.

Haha, this.

Lets sign Gareth fecking Bale, and play this...

----------------DDG---------------
Val------Bailly------Rojo-----Blind
----Herrera----Matic----Pogba----
Marcus----------Rom---------Bale

...and win the league (and if it gelled, that team could, with kind draws, win the CL).

I agree, he'd probably take #7. His branding is all about 11 but he could change it. Ronaldo had to take #9 when he first went to RM but later moved to #7.

He's a number 10 so I don't see why we wouldn't just give him that. Save 7 for someone special.

If Bale left Madrid, would Tottenham try and bring him back to the Lane? It would break their wage structure and all, but when fit he would add another dimension to their team.

@GlastonSpur @balaks @africanspur

Nobody really knows what each club can or cannot afford, but Levi is hardly the guynwho splashes great amounts of money on a single purchase and the timing for Spurs is pretty terrible. They are trying to build a stadium atm, not really the time to risk 100m fee and 20m per year contract on an injury prone 28yo. Even if they could stretch to it, it's the wrong gamble to make right now.

It's a major trophy, no?

I personally always thought that it was.

I mean Real Madrid seem to think so.

It most definitely is. I've never understood the underrating of trophies like the Super Cup and Club World Cup in the UK.

Hope this is true.

De Gea
Lindelof - Bailly - Rojo
Valencia - Herrera - Matic - Darmian
Pogba
Lukaku - Bale​

That'd be a insane side imo.

Less money spent on the injury prone player = more money to spend on the guy who is his backup.

It's not my job to find out transfer targets, but people voice their concerns over injury-plagued players or sub-quality players.
People thought we overpaid for Pogba, but I haven't seen anyone feel like we made a mistake in buying him.
And those people are looking incredibly naive now. If we approached Juventus to sign Pogba this year he'd be comfortably over £100mil.

For the very best players in the world you'll have to pay a disproportionate amount of money to sign them. Is Neymar 7x the player Sane is? Of course not, but could well go on to represent value for money if PSG lift the champions league in the next few seasons.

Hope this is true.

De Gea
Lindelof - Bailly - Rojo
Pogba
Lukaku - Bale​

Darmian is the proverial sore thumb there.

Hope this is true.

De Gea
Lindelof - Bailly - Rojo
Pogba
Lukaku - Bale​

Why the feck would anyone want Darmian as a wing back

My biggest concern is in 8 years time he'll be 36, and what would his sell on value be then?

Status
Not open for further replies.