Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can. He's quick, strong and one of the best headers of a ball in the world. Maybe not as defensive as other options but he would be our star player.

Not anymore, he's body is culpable to various types of injury #crock

Buy him for 120mil fine, De Gea for Bale? No fecking way.

Why would we pay more than what Real paid to get him in the first place given his terrible injury record? Truth is, IF real actually want to get rid, they'll accept not haggle for a huge sum given the crazy wages he's on. His wages make Rooney look like a bargain ffs.

Not anymore, he's body is culpable to various types of injury #crock

Might be injury prone, but when not injured, he's still tough to get off the ball and powerful while running with the ball.

I fear that if we sign Bale then we would have a Chelsea/Torres situation. Big money for a player who is going to decline pretty quickly due to his injuries. When Bales pace starts to go, its going to really affect his game, amd that probably isnt far away.

Why would we pay more than what Real paid to get him in the first place given his terrible injury record? Truth is, IF real actually want to get rid, they'll accept not haggle for a huge sum given the crazy wages he's on. His wages make Rooney look like a bargain ffs.

Being a bit sarcastic since Real would want some outrageous number for him and United can't say no to over the top amounts for players.

Real will want a huge fee, some of you are mad. He is no Robben or Cristiano, who got better in their prime, he will go the Rooney route

Being a bit sarcastic since Real would want some outrageous number for him and United can't say no to over the top amounts for players.

Ah I see. I think his mental contract makes is a bit much even for us unless he's willing to half his wage which I doubt.

Might be injury prone, but when not injured, he's still tough to get off the ball and powerful while running with the ball.

The thing he is injured 80% of every season so dont see any logic in buying him.

If Real want De Gea and De Gea wants to go then be strong and say we want Bale AND Varane in exchange

The thing he is injured 80% of every season so dont see any logic in buying him.
A total of 149 appearances in 4 seasons means Real Madrid must have played 180 games a season for him to be injured 80% of the time.

2-3 years ago, I would had gone crazy about having Bale with us. However, I think buying him for 70+ would simply be too risky and even though he's still a beast when fit I doubt he would struggle to remain fit.

Spending huge money on an injury prone player who's already served so many years on top-level wouldn't make any sense for me.

On the other hand, before spending 50m+ on Perisic..

If Real want De Gea and De Gea wants to go then be strong and say we want Bale AND Varane in exchange

Two of their most injury prone players in exchange for a consistent world class keeper - the only thing Real really has been missing for years? Sounds like a good deal to me - for Real!

Real will want a huge fee, some of you are mad. He is no Robben or Cristiano, who got better in their prime, he will go the Rooney route
He's in fantastic physical condition. Absolutely nothing like Rooney.

Injuries will ruin him. Sporting a sixpack when your legs are gone is worthless
He's had a couple injuries this season, after three seasons of consistently playing. He's hardly Phil Jones ffs.

He's too injury prone. I love Bale, he's one of my favourite players, but he's on something like his 17th injury at Madrid. It's too much of a gamble considering how much he'll cost. I think we should look elsewhere.

Yeah, you guys need to calm down. This is all just media speculation, what are the chances you'll blow £300M on him(fee+wages)? At least with griezmann there were no injury concerns

I remember RVP being written off because he was injury prone.. the guy single handidly won us the title. RVN had a very serious injury which delayed us signing him, he quickly got over that and went on to bang the goals in for fun for us.

What I'm trying to say is players can go on and be excellent despite having injury worries in the past and if we see enough in Bale to sign him then hopefully he can put those troubles behind him working with a new medical team.

He's too injury prone. I love Bale, he's one of my favourite players, but he's on something like his 17th injury at Madrid. It's too much of a gamble considering how much he'll cost. I think we should look elsewhere.

In terms of 'big name signings', where else should we look?

I'm really not. He's a game changer who scores goals and would give us pace. I'd take him if Real don't quote crazy prices, but then again it's not my money.

I never understood that point. It's not our money but it's supposedly the club we support. So you wouldn't want them to have expensive feck ups in the market that would have a big impact on the team. Unless you don't give a toss, in which case why not give him the keys to the stadium too, it's all shits and giggles after all.

Did you read the posts above that explain Bale's contract is ~£600k pw until he is 33? With a high purchase fee on top?

He's in fantastic physical condition. Absolutely nothing like Rooney.

How about like Van Persie? Hm?

Woodward and co are committed to a marquee signing each and every summer.

If Griezmann is staying put, you can expect United to move for Bale - like it or not.

2 back to back seasons plagued with injuries. Unless he is willing to take an appearance based contract and real sell him cheap ~30 pounds, he is just a dumb signing. Better to take a less talented player that is available 80-90% of the time than a superb player who is only fit 50% of the season.

He isn't the same bale at Spurs anyway, out running everyone and scoring freely. In my opinion he isn't technically gifted enough to age well after he loses his pace. With his repeated injuries that can only be a matter of time.

At 40 million it's worth the risk. Any more and someone isn't thinking straight.

He's a talented player, but his pace is a major part of his effectiveness, and injuries begin to add up on 28 year olds. I reckon if he stayed fit we'd get two or maybe three good seasons from him, but it only takes a couple more little injuries to ruin a player who's game is so physical.

I'm really not. He's a game changer who scores goals and would give us pace. I'd take him if Real don't quote crazy prices, but then again it's not my money.

What about his wages?

I remember RVP being written off because he was injury prone.. the guy single handidly won us the title. RVN had a very serious injury which delayed us signing him, he quickly got over that and went on to bang the goals in for fun for us.

What I'm trying to say is players can go on and be excellent despite having injury worries in the past and if we see enough in Bale to sign him then hopefully he can put those troubles behind him working with a new medical team.

Mate, RvP cost us £22.5m. Our total outlay for 3 years including salaries was just over £50m. The cost for Bale would be nearly 5 times that. Winning a PL title would not pay it off. We'd have to win back to back Trebles for that transfer to be considered a success.

Why are some saying it'll take £100m to sign him?!?!

Surely he's worth less than when Madrid signed him? Especially as his injuries are piling up & he's probably only got 2 seasons left as his absolute best?

I'd have said £60m at a stretch

Not my money.

Erm, I know its not your money but even for a club like ours, that's fine when talking about a 40,50 heck even 100mil outlay given our resources. Not when you're looking at a 250mil+ commitment.

I never understood that point. It's not our money but it's supposedly the club we support. So you wouldn't want them to have expensive feck ups in the market that would have a big impact on the team. Unless you don't give a toss, in which case why not give him the keys to the stadium too, it's all shits and giggles after all.
You don't think we have qualified accountants and financial guys who can do estimations and calculations to see if we can afford a particular player? Get out of your Football Manager and FIFA mindsets. The club is run by professionals who know what they are doing, especially now with Jose in charge. If we get a player, it is because we can afford it and think it is good business.

Erm, I know its not your money but even for a club like ours, that's fine when talking about a 40,50 heck even 100mil outlay given our resources. Not when you're looking at a 250mil+ commitment.
Like I mentioned in another post above, if we get him it is because the professional financial guys have already done the costings and deemed that we can afford it.

Did you read the posts above that explain Bale's contract is ~£600k pw until he is 33? With a high purchase fee on top?

How about like Van Persie? Hm?

This might be the best post I ever read on the Caf. :lol::lol:
You're right too, a 250 mill mistake like this, even if not financially crippling to us is still 250 mill we could have better spent elsewhere to improve and would have some type of impact on future expenditure.

You don't think we have qualified accountants and financial guys who can do estimations and calculations to see if we can afford a particular player? Get out of your Football Manager and FIFA mindsets. The club is run by professionals who know what they are doing, especially now with Jose in charge. If we get a player, it is because we can afford it and think it is good business.

Alright pal, I can't argue with the brilliant logic :lol:

Like I mentioned in another post above, if we get him it is because the professional financial guys have already done the costings and deemed that we can afford it.

You're on a forum, if your response is going to be "experts know best", that applies to every single thing being discussed on the board unless some of the guys here are Woodward, Mourinho etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.