Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it's just mind games sadly. Would love Bale at United but don't think anything is happening behind closed doors.

When you have Lingard and Rashford in your front four you certainly need more quality. We don't have attackers good enough to win the league and Bale would go a long way towards fixing that.

Exactly. Craziness the amount of people on here that have tipped us to win the league when Lingard who scored 1 league goal last season is most likely our starter.

Jose wants to emphasise to Bale that he isn't first choice at Madrid anymore and it's best to leave.
Let's see if he plays now

Great player .......when he's fit. Utd are going to look proper mugs if he spends half the season (or more) injured.

At £85 milllion together with his £300,000+ week wages nobody can deny it's a massive gamble.

Surely there must be other more reliable world class players at that kind of money?

Looks like it's just mind games sadly. Would love Bale at United but don't think anything is happening behind closed doors.

Mind games for what exactly.

It's obvious we want the guy and I genuinely believe Jose thinks he has a chance, albeit a small one.

Coupled with the fact we have cooled on Perisic, I do think something is happening. Though much will depend on so many outside factors, it still remains unlikely.

What happened to Jose not talking about other teams' players out of respect? Was he directly asked about Bale?

There is nothing to this.

It has always been clear Jose wants him.

What has not ever been clear is Real want him to go. He certainly does not, which I still can't quite get after four years in Spain.

Mourinho's comments add nothing new to make a fuss about. If he's available and willing to leave we'll obviously have a go at getting him (at the right price). Nothing has changed.

How many of you who make claims whether or not Bale is worth this or that fee have any clue about Manchester United's financial figures, and how the arrival of Bale would change those figures?

I don't have a clue myself but how much Bale is worth for Manchester United has probably quite little to do with how many games he plays next season, or the season after that.

The club is a private and listed company. The ONLY thing that matters is how much money the club can earn on Bale. The ones who makes the decision about how much he is worth as a investment will not look at how much he can provide in money for trophies since that is very unreliable. They will look at how much he is worth in terms of shirt sales, sponsorships, expanding the Manchester United brand etc. etc.

We probably don't have a clue about what money is too much money but I would like to stress that things like his injury proneness is only relevant to his value on the transfer market if it affects his value as a brand. Thus, how much less shirts will Bale sell if he plays 20 games instead of 35 is relevant to ask yourself. If the answer is that he will not sell less shirts it doesn't affect his value.

Paying £150M for a crooked Bale might be a much better business investment than paying £40M for Matic. I have no idea.

What happened to Jose not talking about other teams' players out of respect? Was he directly asked about Bale?
I think it was similar to when all the other managers were asked about Rooney back in 2010 and they mostly laughed and said if he's available, they'd gladly be ready to go for him

It's fantastic that Mourinho is trying to publicly unsettle Bale, giving the Spanish clubs a taste of their own medicine. I doubt it will work though, at least not until Mbappe leaves and I'm willing to bet he'll remain at Monaco one more season.

Bale on form is every bit the player neymar is. The guy tore the premiership to shreds and has 3 champions league winners medals. If he's attainable for €100million then in today's market it's a bargain. Less than half the price of a player he's arguably better than.

Exactly. Craziness the amount of people on here that have tipped us to win the league when Lingard who scored 1 league goal last season is most likely our starter.

People like to ignore facts and view their players with rose tinted specs.
I have regularly said that our attackers were abysmal last season (their goal outputs were akin to something you'd see in clubs battling relegation), yet, I keep hearing that our attackers are excellent.

Bale would most likely be our best attacker, if he joined us, but what if he spends half the time injured?
I remember when we bought Hargreaves. He was great for one season, then after that, he was just absent. I'd hate to see us splash big money on a player who goes the same way as Hargreaves.

Bale would most likely be our best attacker, if he joined us, but what if he spends half the time injured?
I remember when we bought Hargreaves. He was great for one season, then after that, he was just absent. I'd hate to see us splash big money on a player who goes the same way as Hargreaves.
The season in question brought us a Premier League/Champions League double so if that's what dropping €100 million on a crocked one-season-wonder will get us, I'm 100% behind it.

This is all very similar to the Wayne Rooney saga in 2013. Jose was desperate to get him and didnt care if anyone knew. Probably going to have the same outcome, sadly.

If this transfer will be done I expect it to be the end of the market.

I'm pretty sure all Bale need is to keep fit for sometime and his form will be explosive. He's capable of making us a title contenders easily and we have Martial as a cover anyway.

The only thing that I'm afraid about is if he's offloaded to us without his approval he may be unmotivated and have a feeling he made a step down. If he's motivated I'm not worried.

How many of you who make claims whether or not Bale is worth this or that fee have any clue about Manchester United's financial figures, and how the arrival of Bale would change those figures?

I don't have a clue myself but how much Bale is worth for Manchester United has probably quite little to do with how many games he plays next season, or the season after that.

The club is a private and listed company. The ONLY thing that matters is how much money the club can earn on Bale. The ones who makes the decision about how much he is worth as a investment will not look at how much he can provide in money for trophies since that is very unreliable. They will look at how much he is worth in terms of shirt sales, sponsorships, expanding the Manchester United brand etc. etc.

We probably don't have a clue about what money is too much money but I would like to stress that things like his injury proneness is only relevant to his value on the transfer market if it affects his value as a brand. Thus, how much less shirts will Bale sell if he plays 20 games instead of 35 is relevant to ask yourself. If the answer is that he will not sell less shirts it doesn't affect his value.

Paying £150M for a crooked Bale might be a much better business investment than paying £40M for Matic. I have no idea.

Well in this case we should buy Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift, sure as feck their shirts would sell very well.

Struggling to see what's so terribly brilliant about it tbh.

But knowing this place Jose could fart into the mic and it would be labelled a brilliant statement by some on here.
She's not on here though?

Really surprised he made those comments in public.
Did the same thing in 2013. His goal seems to be to make the player feel wanted elsewhere, so if he isnt starting tomorrow he'll know he has a home with a manager who actually rates him above his current squad.

Kind of odd that Jose speaks so openly about another club's player when he always don't, example with Pogba and Matic

Maybe something could happen and Jose could be trying to push Bale into making a decision if Zidane doesn't start him tomorrow

I am happy with the statement. Not because we might be in for Bale but because it looks like we have almost definitely moved past Perisic.

Oh feck.... my inner muppet is about to come out Rambo style... full hard on n' all! :drool:

Oh god not shirt sales.

United are 200 times bigger than PSG, Bale is half the superstar Neymar is. So by my calculation, if PSG can sell for 2m€ worth of shirts in 4 days, United can make around 200m€ in the same amount of time.:cool:

Kind of odd that Jose speaks so openly about another club's player when he always don't, example with Pogba and Matic
From 2013:
Asked to clarify whether he would like Rooney to state publicly if he wanted to quit United, Mourinho replied: "Yes, I would like. We are going to close another player if he is not coming.

He's very much into unsettling a player if its his only option. Pogba and Matic both wanted to come and their clubs were willing to sell for the right price. Dealing with Madrid is a different kettle of fish.

I just hope we don't end up with no winger by chasing Bale. I'm still convinced he has no intention of leaving. His agent even came out recently and said he is happy at Madrid.

Hmm.. I still feel Bale doesn't have any particular affinity towards Utd. He'd rather take up the challenge of earning his place at Madrid than coming to us. I think it's very much a steep, uphill climb but if we pull it off then Jose will get every praise from my side.

Absolutely nothing in this at all. Very similar to when Rooney threw a hissy fit and José said he believed he would still sign for United, but if he doesn't give him a call because he would be interested. Jose knows Bale is going nowhere, that's why he came out with the comment that if he plays tomorrow, then he's in Madrid's plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.